Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    The Military Cruware "sprint" has been selling around 35% off MSRP. (All dealers get some to sell)

The Spyderco "exclusive" knives are the ones with prices closer or at MSRP. (One dealer/distributor gets the whole batch)

As a manix fan I could not pass this ur! Even though christmas is right around the corner I had to order this must-have for manix fans!!!

A must have for a manix fan! Ordered mine at 8PM! Still taking orders so get yours fast! These are selling quickly, according to all your posts!

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    I went ahead and ordered one earlier (I forgot all about it first thing this morning, so missed out on the 1st 100). I did debate whether to order, but I don't yet have a Manix 2 XL, and it seems a must to go along with the S90V Manix 2. I'll probably pass on the S90V Yojimbo 2 though.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User GTPowers's Avatar
    I'm confused. If I order the Manix 2XL now while the site says Add to Cart, am I preordering or ordering?

If you order it now, you are preordering. This isn't that difficult to follow.
    My current Spydercos: Military CF S90V, (2) Military CF M390, Navaja CF S30V, Superleaf CF VG-10, Manix 2 CF CTS-XHP, Manix 2 CF S90V, Paramilitary 2 CF S90V, Stretch 2 CF ZDP-189, Sage 1 CF S30V, Lum Chinese CF VG-10, Caly 3 CF ZDP-189, Chaparral CF S30V, Kiwi CF VG-10, Chicago CF S30V, Cat CF S30V, Schempp Rock VG-10, Temperance 2 VG-10

Spyderco Forum Registered User GTPowers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dschur View Post
    If you order it now, you are preordering. This isn't that difficult to follow.
    Except the fact the page fir the knife says nothing about preordering. Also, it's not difficult to be civil.

The pre-order page says "We have sold the 1st shipment of 100qty, all orders from now will remain as pre-order and ship when the knives come available.". The product page says "(KNIFEWORKS EXCLUSIVE), (PRE-ORDER)"

It should be clear to those looking now. Sorry, if my reply seemed uncivil, it was not intended.
    My current Spydercos: Military CF S90V, (2) Military CF M390, Navaja CF S30V, Superleaf CF VG-10, Manix 2 CF CTS-XHP, Manix 2 CF S90V, Paramilitary 2 CF S90V, Stretch 2 CF ZDP-189, Sage 1 CF S30V, Lum Chinese CF VG-10, Caly 3 CF ZDP-189, Chaparral CF S30V, Kiwi CF VG-10, Chicago CF S30V, Cat CF S30V, Schempp Rock VG-10, Temperance 2 VG-10

I placed my pre-order at 8PM! Their website stated it was a pre-order at that time. They also stated the initial 100 pieces had been sold and the remaining 700 would be shipped as they received them from spyderco. So if they accepted your order and charged your account they took your order, but you have to wait till the knives arrive from spyderco before shipping them!
    Last edited by eric m.; 11-19-2013 at 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling

The first 100 were gone in about 45 minutes.

With all the hoopla, including mine, about millies & paras lately, I'm happily surprised at the huge interest in this Manix2-XL exclusive. When I got my S30V version, it was my favorite knife up to that time and may still be, especially the handle ergos. But somehow the Cruware millie keeps winding up in my pocket, can't figure it out.

I've never had any S90V or peel ply CF, but after my 6 month buying spree, I'm gonna have to pass on this one. The Yo2 is very interesting too, but I'll have to have some hands-on with one before making the leap.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Spyderco Forum Registered User salmonkiller's Avatar
    This is the sprint that I have waited all year for.My order is in, so I will sit back and wait in line.I don't think I made it on the first 100.All good things come in time.....

Spyderco Forum Registered User black's Avatar
    I do not want this particular knife but I have to get one just to keep the set complete.

If the MSRP on the site is correct, this Manix is 20% off MSRP.

Quote Originally Posted by springnr View Post
    The Military Cruware "sprint" has been selling around 35% off MSRP. (All dealers get some to sell)

The Spyderco "exclusive" knives are the ones with prices closer or at MSRP. (One dealer/distributor gets the whole batch)

Spyderco Forum Registered User MCM's Avatar
    The free shipping is nice..............

More S90v & CF please.......

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    No tax outside of the state of LA

Spyderco Forum Registered User black's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MCM View Post
    The free shipping is nice..............
    Yeah, for you in the US. I'm paying $49. I would rather see more sprints than exclusives. Gives me more options and better discounts. But better an exclusive than not having a S90V Yojimbo at all.

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    Judging from this discussion, I take it that dealer exclusives are getting up there in price eh? Wasn't always this way, a very recent development actually.......................................... .......................................... Could one of the dealers have helped influence this? Nah. I told you so moment but I can't prove it, but the end result seems to be the same. No more 40% off MSRP exclusives indeed. Well, I bought one instead of two hehe.
    Last edited by FCM415; 11-20-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Yeah, for you in the US. I'm paying $49. I would rather see more sprints than exclusives. Gives me more options and better discounts. But better an exclusive than not having a S90V Yojimbo at all.
    You could own it for the purposes of your collection but store it in the US and avoid the shipping problem. I could provide storage service free of charge

But seriously, the XL is an awesome knife. I don't think you'll regret it.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    Judging from this discussion, I take it that dealer exclusives are getting up there in price eh? Wasn't always this way, a very recent development actually.......................................... .......................................... Could one of the dealers have helped influence this? Nah. I told you so moment but I can't prove it, but the end result seems to be the same. No more 40% off MSRP exclusives indeed. Well, I bought one instead of two hehe.
    Trust me, trust others (like MCM who know Roger better than I do), Roger does not take any cues from BBS.