Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    For me most logical would be to set the system to sell 100 pieces, and then it goes out of stock. They did not take preorders before, so I hope they don't start bumping people on wait lists now.
    It says that the first 100 are gone, but you can still pre-order.

Spyderco Forum Registered User shunsui's Avatar
    Thought I'd repost MCM's head's up for the FaceBook info in case anyone missed it.

Looks like it would be a good idea to get on the preorder list.

Quote Originally Posted by MCM View Post
    (From KW FB page)
    Up date! Spyderco Manix2 XL C95G2, CPM-S90V, Peel Ply Carbon Fiber Handle, Plain Edge (KNIFEWORKS EXCLUSIVE)
    We will be getting in our 1st batch of these Wed. Pre-order will be open tomorrow at 8am CTS. We will start shipping Wed, and pre orders filled as these come in. Price will be $219.95 Shipped in the USA. Limit 2 per person. http://www.knifeworks.com/spydercoma...exclusive.aspx

Even though I bought 2 early, I hope KW will think about shipping me only one out of the first batch and the second from a later so that more guys can get one out of the first batch. IIRC, they did that with the M390 millies.

As an aside, I noticed that the KW site lists the weight as 5.9oz. I hope that is an error as the G10 version is 5.1/5.2 oz and I'd expect the CF version to be if anything a bit lighter.
    My current Spydercos: Military CF S90V, (2) Military CF M390, Navaja CF S30V, Superleaf CF VG-10, Manix 2 CF CTS-XHP, Manix 2 CF S90V, Paramilitary 2 CF S90V, Stretch 2 CF ZDP-189, Sage 1 CF S30V, Lum Chinese CF VG-10, Caly 3 CF ZDP-189, Chaparral CF S30V, Kiwi CF VG-10, Chicago CF S30V, Cat CF S30V, Schempp Rock VG-10, Temperance 2 VG-10

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar
    Manix 2 XL G10 is 6.2 oz. I think you were looking at the reg. Manix 2, and not the XL which is up for pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by nccole View Post
    Manix 2 XL G10 is 6.2 oz. I think you were looking at the reg. Manix 2, and not the XL which is up for pre-order.
    Really? Spyderco has it listed as 5.2oz:

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=711
    My current Spydercos: Military CF S90V, (2) Military CF M390, Navaja CF S30V, Superleaf CF VG-10, Manix 2 CF CTS-XHP, Manix 2 CF S90V, Paramilitary 2 CF S90V, Stretch 2 CF ZDP-189, Sage 1 CF S30V, Lum Chinese CF VG-10, Caly 3 CF ZDP-189, Chaparral CF S30V, Kiwi CF VG-10, Chicago CF S30V, Cat CF S30V, Schempp Rock VG-10, Temperance 2 VG-10

Quote Originally Posted by nccole View Post
    Straight from Spyderco's website:

length overall 8.94" (227 mm) blade length 3.85" (98 mm) blade steel CPM S30V
    length closed 5.09" (129 mm) cutting edge 3.36" (85 mm) weight 5.2 oz (147 g)
    blade thickness 0.125" (3.2 mm) handle material G-10

I tried putting my order in literally within a couple of seconds from when they enabled it at 8:00. I kept getting server errors at multiple points trying to order 2 knives, and kept trying again. Finally got to the page for putting in credit card information and finalizing the order, then got an error on that page too, and suddenly my cart was empty.

Fearing the worst, that they had sold out while I was placing my order, I started over, surprised that it still showed any available. It went more smoothly the second time.

Then I got 2 order confirmations for 2 knives each! Naturally I sent them an email to let them know I wasn't trying to skirt the limit of 2 knives/person and to cancel one, which they did.

This for me was one of my most-eagerly-anticipated new releases. Ordered 2 so I would have a spare if something happened to my first one.
    Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E)

Just ordered 2..went super fast and these are still available..

With it being a fairly large 800 piece run and the Manix Xl which isn't as popular as some of the other Spyderco knives..I had an idea it would still be available later in the day so no need to fight the crowds over this one..

If it had been a Millie or Para2 then that would have been a different story..

Quote Originally Posted by Philo Beddoe View Post
    Just ordered 2..went super fast and these are still available..

With it being a fairly large 800 piece run and the Manix Xl which isn't as popular as some of the other Spyderco knives..I had an idea it would still be available later in the day so no need to fight the crowds over this one..

If it had been a Millie or Para2 then that would have been a different story..
    The "rush" was for the first 100 which will be available and shipping out tomorrow. Those went in about 45 minutes, and were done at about 9:45 ET. After that, it is all preorder, which an unknown date of when they are coming in.

I just talked to someone from Knifeworks and they are in fact taking preorders for the entire 800 pieces, so when they are out, they're out.

I will pass for now, I have mixed feelings on S90V all 3 examples of it I have are different from each other:

Military S90V / CF sprint will not hold a polished edge I sent it back to have the heat-treat checked and the edge reground, it came back with a much steeper edge grind and now I only micro bevel at 30 deg on the sharp maker and the medium stones, seems to be much better this way.

Manx 2 S90V / CF sprint has a nice polished edge on the front 2/3 and a polished micro bevel on the rear 1/3 all established at 30 deg on the sharp maker with Fine and ultra fine stones. Does not exhibit any of the issues the Military S90V / CF sprint did with a polished edge.

Military S90V / Blue G10 arrived with a steeper edge grind similar to how the S90V / CF, and the M390 / CF Military’s came. Except there is a ” spot on the edge that just feels dull does not look abnormal but you can feel it. Passed it across the medium stones at 30 deg and it helped but did not totally bring it up to the rest of the edge. Not really, a knife I would carry that often due to the color so I am not to concerned. Seems as if this piece of S90V is going to be like the other Military S90V / CF sprint and not like a polished edge.

I like S90V better than S30V but prefer CTS-XHP, BG-42, M390, M4 and CRUWEAR to it.

I carry one of my Military sprints every day about 95% of the time. I do carry a Manx 2 sprint on occasion when I am forced in to dress pants for some reason. The XL just seems not to carry as well as the Military or Manx 2 for me.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Popsickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    If I have the cash at the time, I am definitely buying two Yo 2's. I don't plan to sell or trade the second, it'll be kept NIB for a future replacement. I already know judging by how much I use my current Yo 2, plus how much I like S90V, that it's going to see a butt load of use, and obviously won't be easy to find or cheap in the future.
    My money is on the yo2 being more popular

Quote Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
    My money is on the yo2 being more popular
    I don't know. Any military or manix series sprint run or exclusive usually goes pretty quick.

I tend to doubt it too (yo2 being more popular), 3.1" 4oz wharnie hollow ground blades have a somewhat specialized market IMO.

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    Popsickle, I think it was you who wanted an s90v CF Manix XL on the original's release thread back in 2011. They'll both sell out but have more faith in your knife hehe.

How fast do you guys think these will all sell out? I talked to KW this morning, and they are taking pre-orders for all of them.

How do those of you who are saying the first 100 are gone know that they are gone?

I believe you completely, I am just curious how you can tell... I ordered this morning, at 801 so I'm pretty sure I'm in for the first 100, but I've also been checking throughout the day and haven't seen any change in the way the site looks...

Just curious. Thanks.

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by Tubpbs View Post
    How do those of you who are saying the first 100 are gone know that they are gone?

I believe you completely, I am just curious how you can tell... I ordered this morning, at 801 so I'm pretty sure I'm in for the first 100, but I've also been checking throughout the day and haven't seen any change in the way the site looks...

Just curious. Thanks.

-Zach
    This page

http://www.knifeworks.com/spydercosp...re-orders.aspx

It says the following under this knife

"We have sold the 1st shipment of 100qty, all orders from now will remain as pre-order and ship when the knives come available. "

It started saying that around 8:45ish

Ah. Good eye. I was just clicking through to the actual item to see if it could be "add to cart" was still an option.

Thanks a lot.

-Zach

Spyderco Forum Registered User jtoler_9's Avatar
    Sweet.

Gone are the days of the 40% off MSRP sprints. This matket is out of controll.

Too rich for my blood, but you folks enjoy. I know it will be a great blade. Love those Golden Spydies.
    Last edited by jtoler_9; 11-19-2013 at 04:58 PM.