Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Yeah, well, then you can just buy a Yojimbo 1. The reason the Yo 2 isn't FFG is because people complained about the FFG.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Agreed. I must say, I am loving the hollow grind on my Yojimbo2 and a FFG just wouldn't be as good for what I am using it for. Nor would it look as good, imo

Spyderco Forum Registered User THE PUNISHER's Avatar
    ooo i got 2 save up,love the manix.
    <--------------------<<<< >>>>-------------------->
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR LIFE TO A POS

Spyderco Forum Registered User wsdavies's Avatar
    Good stuff...I'll def. pre-order both!
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Spyderco Forum Registered User Popsickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Yeah, well, then you can just buy a Yojimbo 1. The reason the Yo 2 isn't FFG is because people complained about the FFG.
    I don't want the yo 1. I like the yo2
    Last edited by Popsickle; 07-22-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    I think the Hollow-grind works great for it personally.

1. Defense blade so HG is sufficient.
    2. Thicker tip
    3. Grind lines are awesome (says the general public)

For the people who want it thinner there are folks who could do a number with a grinder.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    The partially occluded hole is the one slight negative for me about the Yo2.
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Spyderco Forum Registered User wsdavies's Avatar
    I think #2 is the big one. The tip is already very acute with the hollow grind. With FFG I think you'd be seeing a lot of tip breakage...

Quote Originally Posted by Blerv View Post
    I think the Hollow-grind works great for it personally.

1. Defense blade so HG is sufficient.
    2. Thicker tip
    3. Grind lines are awesome (says the general public)

For the people who want it thinner there are folks who could do a number with a grinder.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Spyderco Forum Registered User Popsickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wsdavies View Post
    I think #2 is the big one. The tip is already very acute with the hollow grind. With FFG I think you'd be seeing a lot of tip breakage...
    perfect

bring on the s90v and CF, ill be pre-ordering 2

Sad the CF Dodo (I know, sprint by , no dealer exclusive) wont come with S90V but a Yojimbo should be nice too.

Thanks for letting us know.
    I hope Im fast enough just as with the green P2.

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Commendatore View Post
    Sad the CF Dodo (I know, sprint by , no dealer exclusive) wont come with S90V but a Yojimbo should be nice too.
    I agree with you S90V is making more sense for me on utility knife than of SD. But humans (us) not always follow common sense. Spyderco with CF Dodo, reading our daily complains about expensive knives, probably doesn't want to increase price for knife and keeping S30V. KW from previous experience knows that CF/S90V combination sells like hot pancakes and putting S90V on SD knife.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

I foresee these selling at $400+ as soon as they hit the market (on the secondary market) . Sorry for those that will miss the pre-order of these, and I hope I don't miss it either.

Judging by how fast the 204p-para and m390-millie pre-orders sold out I'm guessing these will be spoken for in maybe a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
    i like that this is a dealer exclusive even more..... means several runs are possible
    This is what I like about these dealer exclusives. They are more accessible to real users in part because less attractive to those who only seek to profit on the secondary market.

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MachSchnell View Post
    I foresee these selling at $400+ as soon as they hit the market (on the secondary market)
    Judging by how fast the 204p-para and m390-millie pre-orders sold out I'm guessing these will be spoken for in maybe a day.
    May be or may be not. M390 millies sold on the bay for about the same as original price
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=..._dmd=1&_ipg=50
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Quote Originally Posted by bh49 View Post
    May be or may be not. M390 millies sold on the bay for about the same as original price
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=..._dmd=1&_ipg=50
    Yes, but for some reason s90v spyderco's have mass appeal that snag near and sometimes over $400.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...&LH_Complete=1

Heck even some pain Yojimbo 2's have sold at around $200 http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...&LH_Complete=1

Makes me want to buy up the two of each that I can and flip them, be I don't want to become one of them flipper scum.
    "tis temping though

Spyderco Forum Registered User DCDesigns's Avatar
    i may forsake the g10 yojimbo and wait for th s90v!

Spyderco Forum Registered User DCDesigns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MCM View Post
    Finally able to mention these two.
    KW will be having a blurb in the "Knifework's Exclusives" section soon on these.
    Been keeping the xl secret since Jan.
    Might be a while until we can pre-order, but at least I can mention it.
    At least you can start thinking about it.

MCM
    Is there a general time of year/ month we can expect the pre order to go live? I dont want to miss it for anything, I want to have $400 squirreled away whenever the time gets close. NEXT SHOULD DEFINATELY BE A SOUTHARD IN S90V and CF!!!

Can't wait for the pre-order's to go up, I don't plan on missing out like I did on the Green Para2 and I have been wanting to get my hands on a Yojimbo!
    Current : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I find this hard to believe. Both seem like good knives and I would be in for both, but I am not holding my breath.

1. The Yojimbo seems like an odd candidate for S90V and CF.

2. The thread seems open ended, no idea what year the exclusives will happen. It is similar to the Blue M4 Para thread, though the Blue M4 Para thread could have just been bad information.

3. This is possibly the first exclusive that I'm aware of to be done with a collaboration model, albeit the collaborator is currently a Spyderco employee.

4. It isn't on the exclusives page, although I don't think the exclusives page has been touched since it started.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I find this hard to believe. Both seem like good knives and I would be in for both, but I am not holding my breath.

1. The Yojimbo seems like an odd candidate for S90V and CF.

2. The thread seems open ended, no idea what year the exclusives will happen. It is similar to the Blue M4 Para thread, though the Blue M4 Para thread could have just been bad information.

3. This is possibly the first exclusive that I'm aware of to be done with a collaboration model, albeit the collaborator is currently a Spyderco employee.

4. It isn't on the exclusives page, although I don't think the exclusives page has been touched since it started.
    Not odd at all. Knife dealer sees popular knife and thinks how much they can make off it selling it to all the fan boys that can't resist cf and s90v. Did I say I'll be getting at least 1.