Thread: Custom Southard Clip

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuckd's Avatar

Custom Southard Clip

The Southard has become my most used knife, it is just about perfect in every way. The fit and finish are amazing and it feels like this knife was made for my hand.

This beauty of a knife has just one drawback, and it is the pocket clip. While it isn't horrible by any means, it is just the weakest link of the knife in my opinion. The location of the clip results in a good chunk of the knife sticking out of the pocket. I am less worried about it being visible to people and more worried about it hitting/scratching things (as my spydie clips have done to my car a time or two), and the stock clip left a lot of knife out of the pocket.

The new clip was made by and ebay seller blue4you2010, and I love it. Not only is it titanium, but the color seems to work with the brown g10 very well. The knife rides much lower in the pocket now, and can barely be seen really. I have only had the clip on for a day, so I have not gotten extensive use with it, but I am feeling good about it.

This is also my first customization of a spydie, especially pocket clips. I must say I see myself becoming a pocket clip snob of sorts now.

My collection:
    Ladybug2, Rescue 79mm, Salt1 edge, Meerkat Droppoint, Mariner, Kiwi jigbone, Kopa Blackquince, UK pk PE, Embassy PE, Schempp Tuff, Vallotton Sub-Hilt, Schempp Rock, Manix 2 XL, Tenacious, Byrd Finch, Techno, Puukko, Cricket SS PE, Military Digi-Camo, Tasman Salt, Delica Foliage Green, Breeden Rescue, Lionspy, Bushcraft, Kiwi3, Paramilitary2, Lum Tanto, Kopa MOP/Abalone, Southard, Endura Damascus Sprint, Meerkat Burgandy Sprint.

Spydernation #1990

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Nice Ladybug
    Water babies singing in a lily-pool delight
    Blue powder monkies praying in the dead of night
    Here comes the black queen, poking in the pile
    Fie-fo the black queen, marching single file

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuckd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janfrederik View Post
    Nice Ladybug
    Thanks! That is the spydie that started my collection!
    My collection:
    Ladybug2, Rescue 79mm, Salt1 edge, Meerkat Droppoint, Mariner, Kiwi jigbone, Kopa Blackquince, UK pk PE, Embassy PE, Schempp Tuff, Vallotton Sub-Hilt, Schempp Rock, Manix 2 XL, Tenacious, Byrd Finch, Techno, Puukko, Cricket SS PE, Military Digi-Camo, Tasman Salt, Delica Foliage Green, Breeden Rescue, Lionspy, Bushcraft, Kiwi3, Paramilitary2, Lum Tanto, Kopa MOP/Abalone, Southard, Endura Damascus Sprint, Meerkat Burgandy Sprint.

Spydernation #1990