Just start this thread to know the opinion of the folks about balisong knife in Self Defense. This is a traditional phillipino knife, very popular because the flips and movements it is able to perform.
I am listing some pros and cons to start the thread:
- Fast opening
- Useful as impact tool
- Easier to conceal
- More aggressive look
- Flawless locking when opened and safer closed
- Marginal look
- Grip not too safe compared with G10 or other handle materials
- Flip moves may do the knife fly away
- Make much noise to open or to close (stealth mode off)
- May bit the owner if holded by wrong handle
Just to be fair with amount of pros and cons.
May I have your opinions?