Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video of the Autonomy Starts at 4:12

Spyderco Forum Registered User golddot370's Avatar

Video of the Autonomy Starts at 4:12

Spyderco Autonomy<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EulnwCU8vQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    International Order Of The SpyderEdge
    Spydiefanatic #370
    Emersonaholic #370
    Team KillboX #370
    Proud member of the N.R.A
    'MAY GOD HAVE MERCY UPON MY ENEMIES, BECAUSE I WON'T.'
    General George S. Patton
    Luke 22:36

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Name:  Autonomy.jpg
Views: 5355
Size:  10.7 KB
    Looks great!
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User OldSarSwmr's Avatar
    Thanks for the video and picture! Looks like a great design.

Dan

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Glad someone posted a photo, but either the color in the video it was taken from is way off, or the Autonomy Spyderco entered in the awards contest was different from the one in the prototype case. That one had a yellow handle and an uncoated blade.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User DeltaWhiskey's Avatar
    Congratulations!!!
    "Please forgive me dear...I bought another knife"

Quote Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
    Glad someone posted a photo, but either the color in the video it was taken from is way off, or the Autonomy Spyderco entered in the awards contest was different from the one in the prototype case. That one had a yellow handle and an uncoated blade.
    The knife shown is what was submitted for the award, the knives in the prototype case at the booth were prototypes. They are actually both correct.

Thanks for all the kind words. Autonomy has been a rewarding project that has been in the works for quite a while. Something I was personally involved in so it's awesome to see it recognized. Sal, Eric and a few other folks really did something special with this one.
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User thog94's Avatar

A pic from the twitter post

Spyderco Forum Registered User Mr Blonde's Avatar
    Looks nice, it's an automatic I presume? I'm not familiar with the model. Is it a new member of the Salt family?

Last update: 03-21-2014 - WTC 2507 - Twitter

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I bet JAfromMA is salivating over this baby!He seems to like the Spyder Edge more than anybody that posts their pics.He takes great picks and because of him I gotta get an Endura with the Spyder Edge!Haha!Great pics and video.Thanks for posting!

Thumbs up

Congrats on the award,

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blonde View Post
    Looks nice, it's an automatic I presume? I'm not familiar with the model. Is it a new member of the Salt family?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
    Quite an interesting knife. Automatic, designed at the request of the US Coast Guard to be easy to operate with gloved hands and to be rust proof. To accomplish the later, it will be the first Spyderco made in Golden to use H-1 steel.
    http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showt...012-Blade-Show

Spyderco Forum Registered User JAfromMN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragman24 View Post
    I bet JAfromMA is salivating over this baby!He seems to like the Spyder Edge more than anybody that posts their pics.He takes great picks and because of him I gotta get an Endura with the Spyder Edge!Haha!Great pics and video.Thanks for posting!
    You know I love it

All black and fully serrated if it wasn't a auto it would be a must have
    My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today

Black Native fs,Delica 4 fs,ZDP 189 Endura fs, Manix 2 XL ,Pegasus ss fs,Endura 3 ss fs,Endura 4 ffg, 701 mf, Spyderwrench, Dyad Jr, manix 2 lwt

Spyderco Forum Registered User v8r's Avatar
    I just hope that the average consumer can purchase one. Sal was telling a few of us at the booth Saturday morning that the only thing that is being imported is the blade steel. The blades along with the rest of the knife will be manufactured in the States. I hope there is a loop hole in the law that allows us to purchase one some how.
    V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one

Quote Originally Posted by v8r View Post
    I hope there is a loop hole in the law that allows us to purchase one some how.
    Spyderco probably won't sell it to you unless you are military/leo but if they sell the knife to retailers they usually don't care.
    "I try not to let what others are doing influence my decisions because I feel like you've got to make decisions for yourself, you've got to be true to yourself, because if you let what others are doing influence what you do, you really have nothing left of yourself" - Layne Norton

Quote Originally Posted by v8r View Post
    I just hope that the average consumer can purchase one. Sal was telling a few of us at the booth Saturday morning that the only thing that is being imported is the blade steel. The blades along with the rest of the knife will be manufactured in the States. I hope there is a loop hole in the law that allows us to purchase one some how.
    Sorry V8R, it's an automatic and it is a restricted model. It will not be available for the general public.
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User OldSarSwmr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TazKristi View Post
    Sorry V8R, it's an automatic and it is a restricted model. It will not be available for the general public.
    Taz, what about for an old Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer that has been thinking of re-enlisting just to get my hands on one?
    Semper Paratus

Dan

Spyderco Forum Registered User Agent_Ohm's Avatar
    amazing knife, nice job spyderco
    Dan

In omnia paratus

Spyderco Forum Registered User Zatx's Avatar
    A knife like that makes me glad I'm a Certified EMT so I can carry one legally in my state.
    “Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." -----Sal Glesser

LOL, yea yea. I'm not kicking sand in anyones' eye but we all know if you "look around" online you'll find a retailer to buy it from regardless of your status as a citizen. To me, it looks like a Benchmade AFO and a folding camp saw had a baby.

Spyderco Forum Registered User C.L.L 97's Avatar
    That is one auto that I really want! Congrats on the award Spyderco!
    Awesome video too!
    Caden's 's-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
    Newest manix 2 lightweight.
    top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
    Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Not available to the public. That's like dangling bacon in front of my face, letting me smell it, but not letting me taste it. That's just not fair

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?