Thread: Cubsfan1969---a very generous guy!

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Cubsfan1969---a very generous guy!

I wanted to publicly thank and recognize Davey(cubsfan1969) for a very unique and thoughtful gift he sent me when my daughter was born.

It is a small fixed blade knife handmade out of a file. He also made a resin hardened paracord handle along with a tail lanyard. He also hand made a kydex sheath which fits perfectly. To top that off, he had my daughters initials and DOB engraved on the spine. Thanks so much Davey! You are one of the reasons I am an active member on this board. You the man!

Pics here:

-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
    -Wicked Edge

Spyderco Forum Registered User ceya's Avatar
    Very Cool!

We do got cool guys on this forum.

S/F,
    CEYA!
    "Stay in the fight because we are Marines and the mission will be complete regardless of degree of difficulty."

by CEYA!

Spyderco Forum Registered User tonydahose's Avatar
    nice!
    WTC #1444 Always Remember
    Need info on a particular , just click here
    My knives
    Spydie count: a few

Spyderco Forum Registered User Azwaiian's Avatar
    very cool indeed!

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Way to go, man! That is one sweet neck knife.
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    That's pretty sweet.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Hey no worries Ryan, glad you like it. Let me fill everyone in though on this so you know where it's from. As Ryan mentioned it is made from a file, by a gentleman in FL. You can see his mark on the right side of the blade. I received 5 of these blanks, all slightly different. They came pretty darn sharp, which is good because I've yet to try to sharpen one. The engraving was done by an incredibly talented gentleman who runs a business called SteelTattoos.net. Check his work out, and he has a Spydie or two on his page he's worked on, pretty nice stuff. Now, the least talented of all, me, was responsible for the wrap and sheath. I've gifted one other recently as well, not a whole lot different then Ryan's but here she is:

Thanks for looking, and again, glad you like it Ryan, it's a befitting child's gift!

+1 I agree with you being the type of person that keeps me engaged on this forum ClubsFan1969. Also, RG02 congrats on the new baby.

What an awesome gesture Cubsfan, congrats on your baby girl rg02!
    Current : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10

Ryan forgot to tell you that thing has a lifetime warranty until it breaks.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    That's a whole lot of jimping.
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    That's crazy cool . Congrats and congrats on the new baby!
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan1969 View Post
    Hey no worries Ryan, glad you like it. Let me fill everyone in though on this so you know where it's from. As Ryan mentioned it is made from a file, by a gentleman in FL. You can see his mark on the right side of the blade. I received 5 of these blanks, all slightly different. They came pretty darn sharp, which is good because I've yet to try to sharpen one. The engraving was done by an incredibly talented gentleman who runs a business called SteelTattoos.net. Check his work out, and he has a Spydie or two on his page he's worked on, pretty nice stuff. Now, the least talented of all, me, was responsible for the wrap and sheath. I've gifted one other recently as well, not a whole lot different then Ryan's but here she is:

Thanks for looking, and again, glad you like it Ryan, it's a befitting child's gift!
    Sweet! I just noticed the bullet (.9mm?) on the lanyard! What a cool idea.
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

SpyderNut- I recently ran into a gentleman on another forum who does these. Right now just .45's and 9's. In this pic, the 2 facing down are 9's and the one facing up is a .45. Sorry Ryan, Jason wasn't done with these by the time I wrapped yours, lol.

Davey--- I like the skull . I lol'd at the lifetime warranty until it breaks haha.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. She is Daddy's world now(along with mommy of course)
    -Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
    -Wicked Edge