Thread: Brothers!

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar

Brothers!

Just got my XHP Para2 yesterday and couldn't resist getting out the camera for a few shots. The relationship between the Millie and Para2 is very interesting when you look at them side-by-side. Obviously evolutionary, but they also complement each other well. What a pair!

TedP

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Congrats on the new Orange Para2, Ted! Very nice pics too. The only thing missing from the family photo is their second cousin, the Orange Dodo. I really like the looks of the orange G-10. Didn't think I would at first, but it is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

BTW, I EDC the Orange Dodo now. I LOVE that thing! Thanks again, bro.

Take care,

Michael
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    I think the Para 2 is a better representation of a "small Military" than the original Paramilitary was. Aside from the slightly larger hole and of course length, the blade profile is almost identical. The original Para's thumb ramp was way different feeling and that makes it feel like a completely different knife instead of a shrunk down Military.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar

More like cousins

I think the similarities are uncanny and the pivot system definitely point to these two being very closely related.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*