Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spyderco OTF

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by FroOchie View Post
    My Honda ATV isn't illegal, it's perfectly legal... it's insured, registered and everything. I'm just not allowed to ride it 99% of my state.
    exactly the same as auto legality in most states I know of. In cali they are completely legal. You just aren't allowed to carry it in 99% of the state. Carry it at home all you want, or at your friends house...

Spyderco Forum Registered User free2game's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledc View Post
    No they dont. rumor has it that asheville steel (paragon) makes the Spydie autos.

That's really nice to hear actually. They make the best OTF single action for the money. So I'm sure a side opener from them would be similar quality.

Quote Originally Posted by purpledc View Post
    No they dont. rumor has it that asheville steel (paragon) makes the Spydie autos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Janich View Post
    For the record, the Embassy auto is 100% made in Golden. The Autonomy will be the same way. The Citadel was manufactured in NC, with some final details and QC done here in Golden.

Before joining Spyderco, I worked for a company that produced the Harkins Triton OTF. I also got to do a LOT of repair work on those knives. By design, OTFs are very finnicky and do not tolerate dirt well. As a novelty, I love them. As a tool, I avoid them.

My favorite OTF is the original German Paratrooper gravity knife and its post-war knockoffs. It was big and heavy, but it was solidly built and designed to be field stripped and cleaned without tools. Legally, it falls in the same category as an auto, so it's still a very limited market.

Stay safe,

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by free2game View Post
    That's really nice to hear actually. They make the best OTF single action for the money. So I'm sure a side opener from them would be similar quality.
    free2game,
    I just wanted to be sure you saw the response regarding the comment you quoted. Rumors aren't always true. ;-)
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Dr Heelhook's Avatar
    If they ever managed to get around all the problems and actually got around to making one somehow, I'd love to see a good, solid, back loaded, single action, double edged symmetric one with better button placement than the Microtech Nemesis. That's missing in the market IMO. Don't think it'll ever happen, but one can dream, right.
    Just got: Green FFG Endura