Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back Pocket Carry

Spyderco Forum Registered User sbwings's Avatar
    If I'm not carrying my Dragonfly (clipless) in the small pocket on my jeans, I've been putting my Squeak in the right back pocket. I haven't decided if I want to take the clip off the Squeak, and carry it like my Dragonfly. So far, I like it the way it is. It is not a comfort issue, I hardly notice it there, but then again it is small. If, I carry something bigger, it is usually in that back pocket, because the front ones are already full. My left front has wallet, keys, change, and my small Swiss Army (after only carrying a SWAK for years, I just can't stand not to have screwdrivers on me), and my right front has smart phone (so kinda big), and my reading glasses (yes I'm "old"). I'd carry right front pocket (especially for a bigger knife), if I wasn't worried about scratching the phones screen. The front pockets are definitely more secure, but I will usually wear my shirt untucked when I have a Spidie in the back pocket.
    2013 Forum Native; CF & Orange Dodo; Lava, Blue G-10; Burgundy MeerKat; Air; Lil' Matriarch; Pingo; Manbug, Gray G-10; Cat; Squeak; Ladybug, ZDP-189; Manix 2, all black; Delica 4; Dragonfly 2; Assist I, orange

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildernest Survivor View Post
    Not to crash the thread, but I never carry anything in my back pockets. First off, it's asking for someone to easily steal whatever is in them: wallet, keys, knife etc. Secondly, if you have to sit down, you would have to remove your knife or suffer having a literal pain in the rear.
    I've carried a knife in my back pocket for 15 years and never had a problem. Bringing your awareness up and know who and what is behind you.

Spyderco Forum Registered User angusW's Avatar
    Lately I've had the orange Dodo clipped to the inside of the LBP. I don't notice it at all when I'm sitting down. I just tried it in the back left pocket not clipped and notice it a bit but not a big problem.
    Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I typically carry a Dragonfly or Squeak clipped to the outside corner of my back right pocket. I wish there were more tip down options for LBK's because I think that would reduce the chance of a knife opening in my pocket. Not that anything I've carried in my back pocket has ever opened or hinted opening.

I do sometimes worry that I cannot protect that area and that someone else could have access to that before I did, but I haven't had problems yet. I think squaring off should get around that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Minibear453 View Post
    Isn't it really uncomfortable to have it back pocket? When you sit on a knife...
    Where mine is clipped, I never sit ON it.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    It doesn't hurt your butt at all, or get in the way. Just watch you don't scratch someone's wood or leather furniture.

- best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    I used to carry a Kershaw Leek in my RBP next to my wallet since it was about the same thickness as the wallet and was skinny enough to slip alongside. Now it's usually just an EDC in my front. Might change when I get a Delica/Dragonfly.
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    I usually carry a large folder in a back pocket. Either the military (tip down) in the back right, or the Chinook 3 (tip up) in the back left.

It's always pushed all the way to the side, up against the seam, so I don't sit on it. I've never had any problems, except the clip can catch on certain fabric.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User PanChango's Avatar
    Was carrying my Breeden Rescue in my back right pocket this morning. Caught the clip on something and bent it all out of shape.

Have to wait until I get home as I dont have my Torx or Leatherman with me today.

Spyderco Forum Registered User eloreno's Avatar
    I like to carry the sage4 in my back left pocket, w/no clip.

Dragonfly, without the clip. Last year when I used to carry one knife it was delica 3 without clip.

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildernest Survivor View Post
    Not to crash the thread, but I never carry anything in my back pockets. First off, it's asking for someone to easily steal whatever is in them: wallet, keys, knife etc. Secondly, if you have to sit down, you would have to remove your knife or suffer having a literal pain in the rear.
    Not trying to change your mind, carry your knife and wallet wherever you please, but really? I've carried both a folding knife and a wallet back there almost every day for just a shade less than sixty years. Haven't lost either yet. As for the other, you must either have a very tender backside or spend a lot of time sitting on hard surfaces. I am, "well padded" in a lot of other places, or have been at one time or another over the years, but my rump's always been on the bony side and the only time a knife ever got annoying enough that I had to move it to a different pocket was when I had jury duty.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User ChrisR's Avatar
    Mine is usually my FRN UKPK, with the clip removed - very light & very slim - fits great and I hardly feel it back there, even when sitting on a wooden bench
    My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades

I carry in my back right pocket every day. Usually a Tenacious in jeans. A delica or UKPK when at work.

Spyderco Forum Registered User dj moonbat's Avatar
    Well, I will have to indulge in my annual "disagree with Deacon."

I've been carrying my Chaparral in the back right pocket without a clip for the last few months, and had to remove it from rotation for a few days due to soreness right under the glutes. It didn't last long, but it did happen.

Nonetheless, that is my knife pocket, because I don't have anything else in there to scratch the knife or otherwise obstruct its use.
    "If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing." Kingsley Amis

It seems to me it's all about how big your azz is. If your jeans pockets wrap around towards your hips slightly... you can usually slip a knife in there without much trouble at all.

|Spyderco Bug|Spyderco Kiwi3|Spyderco H1 Salt|Spyderco Para Military 2 Black Blade DigiCam + STR Pocket Clip|

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Spyderco Forum Registered User ChapmanPreferred's Avatar
    Military PE in back right pocket because it is easier for me to drive like that and Super Hawk Salt SE in back left pocket for the same reason.
    SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
    Work EDC List
    FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
    FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
    BRP: CF Military S90V
    BLP: Forum S110V Native

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapmanPreferred View Post
    Military PE in back right pocket because it is easier for me to drive like that and Super Hawk Salt SE in back left pocket for the same reason.
    I hope you mean Spyderhawk Salt SE, cause if not, I've really been missing the boat! O.O
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minibear453 View Post
    Isn't it really uncomfortable to have it back pocket? When you sit on a knife...
    That's how I feel. After reading about people carrying in their back pocket, I gave it a try. It was really uncomfortable when sitting. I immediately discontinued the trial. Of course, it's hard to fit a knife into my back pocket because there's not much room with my wallet packed to the brim with cash taking up all the space...
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: MT19 PSF27 Mule, Des Horn, Dialex Junior

Spyderco Forum Registered User Brock O Lee's Avatar
    I also use my back pockets only to sit on...

Knives and other gear goes in front.
    Hans

Tuff, Military (S90V, M4, S30V SE), Paramilitary 2 (20CP, M390, 204P), Manix 2 (LW S110V, M4, Cruwear), Gayle Bradley, Caly 3 (ZDP, SB), Forum Native 5, Delica SB, Sage 2, Salt 1 SE, Dragonfly H1 SE
    South Fork, Mule Team (Elmax, S110V), Aqua Salt SE

I carry my Hossom Forester in my back pocket. It's a little uncomfortable sometimes, but it doesn't stick out much

Put me in the camp of front pocket carry.
    My current Spydercos: Military CF S90V, (2) Military CF M390, Navaja CF S30V, Superleaf CF VG-10, Manix 2 CF CTS-XHP, Manix 2 CF S90V, Paramilitary 2 CF S90V, Stretch 2 CF ZDP-189, Sage 1 CF S30V, Lum Chinese CF VG-10, Caly 3 CF ZDP-189, Chaparral CF S30V, Kiwi CF VG-10, Chicago CF S30V, Cat CF S30V, Schempp Rock VG-10, Temperance 2 VG-10