Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back Pocket Carry

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Back Pocket Carry

What's your favorite knife to carry in your back pocket and Why? Spydie or not.
    -Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

Quote Originally Posted by bammann45 View Post
    In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.

Spyderco Forum Registered User sharpguitarist's Avatar
    hey bill,
    i've been carrying my g10 harpy in my back right pocket lately.
    i always try to carry a se blade with me all the time, and the harpy just works for me.
    later,
    don
    everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.

I carry tenacious back right. Hardly know it's there

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    I always have a large Spydie in my back pocket and smaller in front. At work, it's a Salt 1 SE in back, and whatever else I feel like using in front.

- best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Minibear453's Avatar
    Isn't it really uncomfortable to have it back pocket? When you sit on a knife...
    Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Dragonfly, Cricket, Spin and Ladybug are back-pocket champs. I suspect the Balance is as well since SS knives are usually thin.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Dragonfly in the back. Endura in the back.

Hmmm, I never carry anything in my back pockets. As my EDC evolved, back pocket carry was phased out.
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

Spyderco Forum Registered User JAfromMN's Avatar
    I've always thought my Endura is the perfect back pocket blade. It's big enough to do almost any job yet is Thin, light and easy to carry.
    My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today

Black Native fs,Delica 4 fs,ZDP 189 Endura fs, Manix 2 XL ,Pegasus ss fs,Endura 3 ss fs,Endura 4 ffg, ss Cricket fs, Vagabond, 701 mf, Spyderwrench, Dyad Jr

Spyderco Forum Registered User Water Bug's Avatar
    When at work in uniform (at least utility uniform) and at home (in jeans), my LBP has whatever non-Golden happens to be in rotation, typically the larger ones (Spyderco Endura, Persian, PPT, etc.).

When in civilian attire out in public, my LBP is reserved for either my Spyderco Delica4 SE or Spyderco Caly3 SE, usually the Caly3 SE to stay PC.
    Spyderco WTC #1044

Spyderco Forum Registered User Timbo114's Avatar
    I carried a Gen 1 Endura Spyderedge for over 20 years, now I rotate a FRN Stretch VG10, a SOG Aegis digicam, and a BM Mini grip.
    *All have mirror finish, face shaving edges - the very definition of 'scary sharp'
    I told my wife ... "Never Never open any of these 3 knives" - I have some users on my desk for the household tasks.

I often carry my Manix2 clipless just pocket carried in my RBP.
    On the hunt for...

Swick 2. It just fits there very nicely. Usually in addition to something in the front. Some
    Times as the only knife along for the ride.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I like to carry my Manix 2 or my Military or my Para, but lately the Caly 3.5 have been gaining favor for me.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

CRKT Drifter with a custom low-ride pocket clip in back left pocket as far left as it can go. Rides very nicely there in shorts, even better in jeans. It's my loaner/beater/backup knife.

|Spyderco Bug|Spyderco Kiwi3|Spyderco H1 Salt|Spyderco Para Military 2 Black Blade DigiCam + STR Pocket Clip|

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Spyderco Forum Registered User Sequimite's Avatar
    Military, Benchmade 740, Caly 3.5 - if I'm carrying one knife it's usually in my RBP.

Being an old guy I wear pants with the waist at my navel and RBP is very comfortable. for you young guys with the low cut jeans it might not work as well.
    Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
    - William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897

Spyderco Forum Registered User Mr Blonde's Avatar
    SS Cricket SE without a clip and with a small lanyard attached. It's so light and flat I hardly notice it in my backpocket. The Cricket was designed to almost feel like a small pebble IIRC, and it shows in the design we have today.

Last update: 03-21-2014 - WTC 2507 - Twitter

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    My primary EDC rides in my left back pocket and, for over seven years, my favorite model to carry back there has been the Stretch. The version I carry on any given day varies from this...

...to this...

...to this...

...to this...

...and occasionally to this one for old time's sake...

...depending on my mood and my day's agenda.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    I seldom carry a knife in my back pocket. If I ever start on a regular basis I'd pick one and bend/adjust the clip to be very tight so it would keep the knife to the side of the pocket. My clips are loose enough to allow easy removal from my front pocket and in the rear pocket they slide back and forth. Then sometimes it's uncomfortable to sit on the knife when it is closer to the center of my a..., body, yeah body.

Jack
    My Manbug. (ZDP-189 shaped like Jester blade with red bone scales (11-12-2013)). This was previously the VG-10/G-10 w/bolsters Manbug. Knife nickname: FrankenManJester or FrankenJesterBug.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Wildernest Survivor's Avatar
    Not to crash the thread, but I never carry anything in my back pockets. First off, it's asking for someone to easily steal whatever is in them: wallet, keys, knife etc. Secondly, if you have to sit down, you would have to remove your knife or suffer having a literal pain in the rear.
    "Next time there's a revolution - wake up earlier!"

Vince Aut Morire