Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Knife... Some (Limited) Info

Spyderco Forum Registered User Tank's Avatar
    Definatly interested but PLEASE put a limit on sales to just 1 for at least the first week or two so the acutal forum members can have a chance at getting one at the "special" price. The last one sold out in a day and then popped up everywhere online for double the cost and a big number of us didnt get one.
    -John

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Definatly interested but PLEASE put a limit on sales to just 1 for at least the first week or two so the acutal forum members can have a chance at getting one at the "special" price. The last one sold out in a day and then popped up everywhere online for double the cost and a big number of us didnt get one.
    May be will be even better to do the way it was done with Adventura and Lava. Dive forum members couple weeks to prepay in advance, so will not be hundred pages of rant and complains later.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Spyderco Forum Registered User PatCatMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    definatly interested but please put a limit on sales to just 1 for at least the first week or two so the acutal forum members can have a chance at getting one at the "special" price. The last one sold out in a day and then popped up everywhere online for double the cost and a big number of us didnt get one.
    big ditto
    "You miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Spyderco Forum Registered User Sithus1966's Avatar
    +1
    C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I wasn't around for the previous forum knives but I really hope Spyderco does something to ensure that the good people here have every opportunity to get one knife before the "flippers" buy up the available inventory and hold them hostage for a 50% mark-up.

Spyderco Forum Registered User dj moonbat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    I wasn't around for the previous forum knives but I really hope Spyderco does something to ensure that the good people here have every opportunity to get one knife before the "flippers" buy up the available inventory and hold them hostage for a 50% mark-up.
    Or, just box 'em up and send 'em straight to me. I'll totally send everybody one. Totally.
    "If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing." Kingsley Amis

Spyderco Forum Registered User angusW's Avatar
    I was darn lucky to get the one in 2009 as I was away from home for a few weeks and was only able to get online the day they came on sale. I'm going to the same place this year in November and I'm praying that it won't get released the same time but if it does then I'll be happy for the people that get one. I was lucky once so it's someone's else turn.
    Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies

Spyderco Forum Registered User Tdog's Avatar
    Speaking of lucky, there was a post on another knife forum a few weeks ago that had 2 of the 2009 Forum Natives NIB. I bought 1 and left the other for someone else.

Great idea, Tanks.

I agree that some system needs to be put in place so that actual forum members, and by that I mean contributing forum members not people that heard about the knife and have signed up just to get one, can have a chance to order one.
    On the hunt for...

Spyderco Forum Registered User Sithus1966's Avatar
    Perhaps limiting it to Forum members that signed up (and contributed) a certain amount of time before it comes out as well. Rather than flippers that sign up the day before just to double the price and prey on those that had the misfortune of not getting online in time. Maybe a PM link to the purchase page rather than a public posting any visitor can read??

I'm not against fair market, I just hate seeing people who's only interest is greed.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBySnooSnoo View Post
    I agree that some system needs to be put in place so that actual forum members, and by that I mean contributing forum members not people that heard about the knife and have signed up just to get one, can have a chance to order one.
    C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Minimum post count for purchasers for the first week or couple of weeks?
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Can I prepay now?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    That might be a good idea...or a member before date.
    On the hunt for...

Spyderco Forum Registered User DRH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathBySnooSnoo View Post
    That might be a good idea...or a member before date.
    or .... a membership date "before" the announcement of the forum knife. After all, I don't want to miss out, just because I am a relatively new member (since Jan 12, 2012)!!!
    -------------------------
    My Spyderco Collection (Total Spydies: 15)
    All My Knives
    (Updated 7/20/2014)

Dennis in PA

everyone making ghost accounts now...

let the race begin.

I'm personally happy with a limit of 2. One to use in case I like it and another to collect.

800-1000 seems like a good # that we could achieve, depending on the price. prepay required with special codes for all us fanboys.

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    Problem with that is, last time around the two most active speculators were both relatively long time members with fairly respectable post counts.

While I'd agree there needs to be some constraint placed on purchasing, it has to be something that does not add enough extra difficulty to the project to make Spyderco decide "never again", or cause too few knives to be sold. I would pay us to keep a couple things in mind. First, that prior to the 2009 Native, no Spyderco Forum knife sold more than 200 pieces. Second, only about 120 people have posted in this thread so far and some of those only to state that unless the knife is a specific model with specific features, they'll pass. IMHO, that makes assuming a huge demand somewhat unrealistic. In the past couple years Spyderco has been limiting Mule purchases to two per customer for the first few weeks after release, so it's something they're equipped to do. I think doing that for the Forum Knife would be more than adequate.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Quote Originally Posted by DRH View Post
    or .... a membership date "before" the announcement of the forum knife. After all, I don't want to miss out, just because I am a relatively new member (since Jan 12, 2012)!!!

I'm new too, DRH, and I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity either.

Spyderco Forum Registered User jtoler_9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
    Problem with that is, last time around the two most active speculators were both relatively long time members with fairly respectable post counts.

While I'd agree there needs to be some constraint placed on purchasing, it has to be something that does not add enough extra difficulty to the project to make Spyderco decide "never again", or cause too few knives to be sold. I would pay us to keep a couple things in mind. First, that prior to the 2009 Native, no Spyderco Forum knife sold more than 200 pieces. Second, only about 120 people have posted in this thread so far and some of those only to state that unless the knife is a specific model with specific features, they'll pass. IMHO, that makes assuming a huge demand somewhat unrealistic. In the past couple years Spyderco has been limiting Mule purchases to two per customer for the first few weeks after release, so it's something they're equipped to do. I think doing that for the Forum Knife would be more than adequate.
    This makes sense to me and I hope I make the cut this year. I'm interested no matter what model.

Spyderco Forum Registered User billy blade's Avatar
    I'll purchase one and only one I don't care what model, color, ect. I'll buy it to keep, not resell and to show my loyalty to a company who supports their customers and forum members