The following is a list of current known issues with the forum software since the recent upgrade. If you are aware of an issue that is not noted, please post it in this thread. I will update the list as new issues are posted and as issues are resolved.
PLEASE ONLY POST ISSUES RELATED TO THE FORUM UPGRADE. ISSUES INCLUDE ANYTHING THAT IS NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY OR A FEATURE THAT WAS PRESENT IN THE OLD VERSION, BUT NOW MISSING, ETC.
PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR NEW FEATURES, FORMATTING CHANGES, ETC. Any new issue not related to the upgrade or requests for new features, formatting changes, etc. should be posted in their own thread in the Spyderco Forum Tech Support area. Requests posted in the original thread about issues with the forum upgrade have been logged. As time permits, changes to formatting will occur and we'll consider new features for the forum.
Thanks for your help and patience!
- Within a thread, in toolbar "View First Unread" option is black text/grey if you hover instead of red (the current color of the other options along the toolbar).
- Posted links do not appear different than any other text within a post.
- If you click on "Calendar" it goes to December 2010 instead of the current month/year.
- When you click "What's New?" and there is nothing to view it brings up the usual message saying nothing new since your last visit and then gives a link to the "Today's Posts" option. Except when you click on that link it asks you to wait 30 seconds before doing another search ... even though it is a different search. I have seen that this is possible to do on other copies of vBulletin so I think it must be controlled by a config option or might be a bug in this version.
- Quick Nav button is slower than the old system of getting back to the forum from the bottom of a thread's page. There has to be a way of getting the direct link back, since they did it over on BF after a number of requests for it...
- Forum Login Redirect, seemingly not recognizing when a user logs in, but if user clicks on any section of the forum, they are in fact logged in. "Remember me" issue has same issue, seems as if user is not logged in, but in reality they are. ISSUE FIXED! (this was due to a conflict too difficult to describe!)
- Smilies, Edit Tools and Avatars Missing. ISSUE FIXED!