Thread: Forum Issues Specific to the Recent Upgrade

Exclamation Forum Issues Specific to the Recent Upgrade

The following is a list of current known issues with the forum software since the recent upgrade. If you are aware of an issue that is not noted, please post it in this thread. I will update the list as new issues are posted and as issues are resolved.

PLEASE ONLY POST ISSUES RELATED TO THE FORUM UPGRADE. ISSUES INCLUDE ANYTHING THAT IS NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY OR A FEATURE THAT WAS PRESENT IN THE OLD VERSION, BUT NOW MISSING, ETC.

PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR NEW FEATURES, FORMATTING CHANGES, ETC. Any new issue not related to the upgrade or requests for new features, formatting changes, etc. should be posted in their own thread in the Spyderco Forum Tech Support area. Requests posted in the original thread about issues with the forum upgrade have been logged. As time permits, changes to formatting will occur and we'll consider new features for the forum.

Thanks for your help and patience!

Pending Issues:
    • Within a thread, in toolbar "View First Unread" option is black text/grey if you hover instead of red (the current color of the other options along the toolbar).

• Posted links do not appear different than any other text within a post.

• If you click on "Calendar" it goes to December 2010 instead of the current month/year.

• When you click "What's New?" and there is nothing to view it brings up the usual message saying nothing new since your last visit and then gives a link to the "Today's Posts" option. Except when you click on that link it asks you to wait 30 seconds before doing another search ... even though it is a different search. I have seen that this is possible to do on other copies of vBulletin so I think it must be controlled by a config option or might be a bug in this version.

• Quick Nav button is slower than the old system of getting back to the forum from the bottom of a thread's page. There has to be a way of getting the direct link back, since they did it over on BF after a number of requests for it...

Resolved Issues:
    • Forum Login Redirect, seemingly not recognizing when a user logs in, but if user clicks on any section of the forum, they are in fact logged in. "Remember me" issue has same issue, seems as if user is not logged in, but in reality they are. ISSUE FIXED! (this was due to a conflict too difficult to describe!)

• Smilies, Edit Tools and Avatars Missing. ISSUE FIXED!
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User dbcad's Avatar
    Hey Kristi, Thanks for your hard work

I'm finding that when I reply to a post or PM and want to bold and italicize a word the end italic symbol [/I] appears before the word not after. I have corrected this manually in a couple of posts and it seems to work. Am I correcting unnecesarily?
    Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"

Spyderco Forum Registered User Sequimite's Avatar
    I've become addicted to the "What's New?" button. It's much more convenient than flipping between forums.
    Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
    - William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    If you look below every post with a signature, it seems like there is about 20 pixels of dead space.

Thanks for the work you're doing Kristi, I really like the new forum. How much would I have to pay for larger avatars?
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    I cant post pictures anymore . It says links are invalid and wont upload from my computer
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Tuff- Southard- Resilience
    Others- Dalibor Sirius- Strider SnG DGG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer- Curtiss Nano- Strider SMF Lego
    Inbound: Zero Tolerance 0777 - Zero Tolerance 0801cf - Benchmade 940-1

Spyderco Forum Registered User angusW's Avatar
    It seems like when I go to the Spyderco forum, I'm not logged in even when selecting the "Remember Me" box every time. After I log in I get the following error message.

It's not a big deal but this is not happening with other forums so I'm thinking it doesn't have anything to do with a cache setting in Firefox.

EDIT: Just realized when I want to go to the Spyderco forum, I type an "S" in the search box, top right of FF and then click on "Spyderco". The google page that then shows up with the top listing is "www.spyderco.ca". Clicking on that link brings me to the above.
    Last edited by angusW; 11-09-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies