Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Orange G-10

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Hey Ted,

I am thinking about getting a Mule soon. Where can I get ahold of a set of orange scales for it?

Thx.

Orange Tenacious

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    RoBo, those stonewash jobs look great and I love the clip experimentation.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    RoBo, those stonewash jobs look great and I love the clip experimentation.
    Thank you!
    And you called it, experimentation.
    I hope to get my own clip "style" down soon, and all my TI clips will be the same shape, just different sizes.
    I acid etch all the steel before I stonewash to get consistency on the finish.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTech View Post
    Thank you!
    And you called it, experimentation.
    I hope to get my own clip "style" down soon, and all my TI clips will be the same shape, just different sizes.
    I acid etch all the steel before I stonewash to get consistency on the finish.
    I do the same with mine. This is 4 minutes in the ferric.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mike View Post
    Hey Ted,

I am thinking about getting a Mule soon. Where can I get ahold of a set of orange scales for it?

Thx.
    Mike - These are a set of Halpern scales that I bought a while back. They make different runs with different colors - so not every color is always available. I recommend contacting them via their web site to see when they are planning their next run of orange scales. They are great folks to do business with.

TedP

Spyderco Forum Registered User MATURA's Avatar
    very nice, orange envy
    Matt It's only a weapon when it is pointed with intent, until then it is simply just a knife.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Love this thread
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by phillipsted View Post
    Mike - These are a set of Halpern scales that I bought a while back. They make different runs with different colors - so not every color is always available. I recommend contacting them via their web site to see when they are planning their next run of orange scales. They are great folks to do business with.

TedP
    I will check them out once I figure out which Mule I want.....and I have no idea what steel to get. Any recommendations are appreciated!

I will check them out once I figure out which Mule I want.....and I have no idea what steel to get. Any recommendations are appreciated!
    You are in luck, Mike! The Spyderco Factory Outlet still has three mules available direct from the manufacturer - definitely the cheapest way to buy them. They have the Cobalt Special (MT-09), the Cruwear (MT-12), and Elmax (MT-13) available. Of these three, my pick would be Elmax, but all three are great steels.

Good luck and happy "muleing."

TedP

Spyderco Forum Registered User Gunslinger's Avatar
    My orange G10 knives.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Gunslinger's Avatar
    All my orange Spydies, even the frn ones.

Nice collection, Gunslinger!

I've found that these orange knives are less threatening to folks when you whip them out in public. The color says "Emergency Rescue" or "Paramedic" rather than something more sinister. Whenever anyone comments on one of my orange knives, I always respond that "this is just my fishin' knife". Everyone always accepts that as an explanation without question...

TedP
    Worry less - Breathe more...

My trusted companion, a Spyderco Solo SoO1PS, black micarta, Peter Atwood Lanslide, capped off with a diamond knot.
    Spydie Fanatic #185

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Nice collection, Gunslinger!

I've found that these orange knives are less threatening to folks when you whip them out in public. The color says "Emergency Rescue" or "Paramedic" rather than something more sinister. Whenever anyone comments on one of my orange knives, I always respond that "this is just my fishin' knife". Everyone always accepts that as an explanation without question...

TedP
    I have to assume that you are whipping out all 8 of your orange knives at the same time.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

You are in luck, Mike! The Spyderco Factory Outlet still has three mules available direct from the manufacturer - definitely the cheapest way to buy them. They have the Cobalt Special (MT-09), the Cruwear (MT-12), and Elmax (MT-13) available. Of these three, my pick would be Elmax, but all three are great steels.

Good luck and happy "muleing."

TedP
    Thanks for the info. I seen somewhere that a new Mule MT14 was going to be released soon! Have you heard anything about this? What steel will be used?

Spyderco Forum Registered User RLR's Avatar

Orange sucks...

... money from one's wallet:
    Name:  orange.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  79.4 KB

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. I seen somewhere that a new Mule MT14 was going to be released soon! Have you heard anything about this? What steel will be used?
    IIRC, it's supposed to be CTS-204P, which is Carpenter's version of M390. We haven't gotten any knives in 204P yet, but if M390 is any indication, it should be an excellent steel, possibly one of the best so far. It'll hold an edge for quite some time, shouldn't be too difficult to sharpen, and the corrosion resistance will make it fairly stainless.
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: Des Horn, Dialex Junior, Super Blue Manbug

Spyderco Forum Registered User nirvanero's Avatar
    My most orange G-10 ever!

Quote Originally Posted by jabba359 View Post
    IIRC, it's supposed to be CTS-204P, which is Carpenter's version of M390. We haven't gotten any knives in 204P yet, but if M390 is any indication, it should be an excellent steel, possibly one of the best so far. It'll hold an edge for quite some time, shouldn't be too difficult to sharpen, and the corrosion resistance will make it fairly stainless.
    What is the ETA? Anyone know?

This is all the orange I own! Dont have much green either as I have other colors! LOL