Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MT13P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring Elmax

MT13P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring Elmax

UPDATE: The MT13P is now live on Spyderco.com!

MT13P will be available for sale on Monday, 27-Feb-2012 at 0900 (MST)

All sales will be handled by the Spyderco Factory Outlet store online at www.spyderco.com.

Maximum Purchase Allowed: 2

Cost: $64.95 each

Domestic Shipping: Standard Shipping rates apply.

International Shipping:
    International shipments will be sent out according to our International Shipping Schedule:
    Shopping Cart Total: $0-$99 - Shipping/Handling Charge $25
    Shopping Cart Total: $100-$399 - Shipping/Handling Charge $35
    Shopping Cart Total: $400 and higher - Shipping/Handling Charge $50

International shipments will be via USPS International Priority Mail. Please be aware, we will have limited tracking capabilities. Tracking once it leaves the US is dependent upon the postal services outside the US and their ability to provide it. However, this will completely eliminate UPS Brokerage Fees.

About Elmax:
    Spyderco’s thirteenth Mule Team Project installment uses Elmax steel produced by Bφhler-Uddeholm Steel of Kapfenberg, Austria.

Bφhler first sold steel in North America in 1925 by providing European-made steels to toolmakers, manufacturing industries and construction jobs in the U.S. Their Elmax is an alloy composed using powdered metallurgic technology that was designed specifically for high-tech applications, primarily for use in the electronics industry. It contains elevated levels of chromium, vanadium-molybdenum that deem it a well-tailored fit for making knife blades. These elements translate into resistance to wear and corrosion and it has a homogenous grain structure making it malleable when grinding and forming.

What is the Mule Team:
    For those of you unfamiliar with our Mule Team Project, it is unique to Spyderco. In-house we call knife samples designed and built for testing and evaluation Mules. We know a healthy percentage of knife users are interested in different blade steels and their performance abilities. Running with that, we released an ongoing Mule Team Project. Several times per year we unveil the same single-piece fixed blade patterned knife in a different and exotic blade steel. This lets steel-obsessed knife knuts test, try and use something normally not offered to the industry. Product runs are limited to 600 – 1000 pieces of each steel type depending on foundry requirements.

Mule Blades are leaf-shaped with a sharpened and finished PlainEdge blade but with an unfinished handle providing a do-it-yourself opportunity. The unfinished handle has a series of holes for attaching custom handle scales or for wrapping with para-cord. Each piece is sold without handle scales or a carry sheath focusing the project on the blade steel. This opens endless creative possibilities for the owner to design their own handle scale and carry options.
    Last edited by dapagco; 02-27-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Edited to change time. MT13P will go live at 0900 instead of 1000 MST.
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    Whoo Hoo! Lucky thirteen!

TedP

Spyderco Forum Registered User Rockcrawler's Avatar
    Sweet can't wait, I here Elmax is some pretty good stuff? Almost as good as M390 with a proper HT?
    Cheers!

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Whoop!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Guy Vanderveken's Avatar
    Great news

Been waiting for this

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    So excited about this one and I was really surprised that the price was so affordable. I may actually get one to give as a gift to my brother. Does anyone know if this is the first official Mule of 2012 or was Cru-Wear?
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Mr.Sparkitle's Avatar
    Awesome, i love my elmax ZT, this is a must.
    PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//

Spyderco Forum Registered User pdptrow's Avatar
    Been waiting for some Elmax. What are they shooting for in HT/ RC?
    Paul
    Sage1, Stretch II CE-sold, S35VN Mule, Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Delica BRG ZDP-189 PE, Manix 2 CPM M4, Para 2 CTS-20CP , M390 Mule, Southard Flipper, Left Hand Millie, Para 2 204P , Delica Super blue
    It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

Spyderco Forum Registered User Brock O Lee's Avatar
    This is awesome news! Looking forward to grab one...
    Hans

Tuff, Military (S90V, M4, S30V SE), Paramilitary 2 (20CP, M390, 204P), Gayle Bradley, Manix (LW S110V, M4), Forum Native 5, Caly 3 (ZDP, SB), Delica SB, Sage 2, Salt 1 SE, Dragonfly H1 SE
    South Fork, Mule Team (Elmax, S110V), Aqua Salt SE

Spyderco Forum Registered User Detdaddy's Avatar
    Very excited about this one. I recently read a lot of good things about this steel. I'll be ordering my second Mule Team.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Zencowboy's Avatar
    Sweet, will go down and get one. Also I am sure someone on here with test the hardness for us, thanks in advance;-)

Will there be 1000 of these?

Spyderco Forum Registered User angusW's Avatar
    I'm liking the price on the Cruwear and on this one as well. I'll definitely be getting two of these.
    Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies

Hot Diggity Damn!

Very nice. Looking forward to it.

Hey sal, do you know the hardness of these knives?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Thevenin's Avatar
    Great news!!

Please note I've updated the release time in the original post.
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to this one.

Thanks for getting it out! It's going to be outstanding.

Marked on my calendar.

Time to order another Clovis pouch from KSF. I have my Cruwear Mule in one with a set of Halpern scales. Fits perfectly and well worth 20 bucks.