Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C95G2 Manix2 XL

C95G2 Manix2 XL

The Spyderco Manix2 XL is now shipping from Spyderco HQ. For more info and specs, check out the Manix2 XL product page at Spyderco.com.

Spyderco Forum Registered User JayTeeEmEm's Avatar
    Wow, that was quick. Didn't think this would be out until next year. Just saw this on Facebook and came here to check who might have got one already. XL looks good!
    Stretch ZDP Delica 4 FFG Cricket SS Persistence UKPK FRN Rescue and Blue DP Sage CF Pacific Salt Centofante 3 Spin Dragonfly SS Bill Moran DP Military CF Lum Ti Military H1 Ladybug Hawkbill Ladybug Para 2

"Knives have great depth. History, geography, metalurgy, hi tech materials, design, interesting mechanisms, everyday function plus the beauty in the creation of each piece.

It's an addictive hobby though. Be careful."

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User DCDesigns's Avatar
    wats the steel?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Popsickle's Avatar
    S30v

Can't wait!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User catamount's Avatar
    Just in case anyone is wondering, the blade is 3 mm thick, not 4 mm like the original C95.
    Tom

http://spydercovt.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sequimite View Post
    I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
    Junior avatar courtesy of dialex

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Does anyone know if the liners are skeletonized?

Spyderco Forum Registered User rycen's Avatar
    The discription says it has skeletonized liners
    We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal

Thanks Rycen,
    I must have missed that when I read over it.

Spyderco Forum Registered User rycen's Avatar
    Guess I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by catamount View Post
    I'm looking at one, and they're definitely not skeletonized.
    We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal

The product description for the C95G2 has been updated to show the correct information. Sorry for any confusion!

Does anyone know when the next stock will be released to KnifeCentre?

I saw that a few other online dealers had the Manix XL and those quickly sold out. My pre order is with KnifeCenter and there is no indication of a due date yet.
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

Spyderco Forum Registered User INFRNL's Avatar
    What about a sprint run on this knife or do they not do that on new released models? I would like a sprint of this if I were to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by KardinalSyn View Post
    Does anyone know when the next stock will be released to KnifeCentre?

I saw that a few other online dealers had the Manix XL and those quickly sold out. My pre order is with KnifeCenter and there is no indication of a due date yet.
    Thanks Spyderco.
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Popsickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KardinalSyn View Post
    Thanks Spyderco.

got mine from new graham yesterday and mine from howes early next week

Quote Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
    got mine from new graham yesterday and mine from howes early next week
    I was worried why my usual place, KC was not getting their stock of the XL. I wrote here and my order got updated same day.

That's a nice collection you have. I can't afford to have two of each but getting what I need slowly.

I placed order after reading the specs for the earlier version on the XL description which showed the XL having 4mm thickness. Now I read it as 3mm after being updated. Oh well, guess its not my first 4mm thick knife.

Spyderco Forum Registered User eloreno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dapagco View Post
    The product description for the C95G2 has been updated to show the correct information. Sorry for any confusion!
    The spyderco website still shows the manix2 xl as having skeletonized liners, which it does not.

Spyderco Forum Registered User IG-88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eloreno View Post
    The spyderco website still shows the manix2 xl as having skeletonized liners, which it does not.

This is very unfortunate, it would have been nice if they where skeletonized, it would balance the knife beter, it is a bit buttheavy now.
    Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE

Spyderco Forum Registered User eloreno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IG-88 View Post
    This is very unfortunate, it would have been nice if they where skeletonized, it would balance the knife beter, it is a bit buttheavy now.
    I agree. I am thinking that eventually, it will get skeletonized liners.
    I think it's important that spyderco correct the information on their website. Most knife dealers use the same description, leading to a lot of bad info on the internet.
    I did not check this thread before ordering, and I expected skeletonized liners.

Don't care about skeleton liners, just more crap to clean out that gets stuck. Would like 4mm blade with 3v steel though...in fact I'll take two.

Spyderco Forum Registered User darkstar29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash View Post
    Don't care about skeleton liners, just more crap to clean out that gets stuck. Would like 4mm blade with 3v steel though...in fact I'll take two.
    +1
    Also, the bb lock is cool but I'll never edc a knife with one. Give me a back compression lock any day... Just personal preference talking.
    I walk away slow tonight,
    and cut through the air
    with a curse, like a knife.