Thread: C101BL2 - Manix2 Blue Lightweight

C101BL2 - Manix2 Blue Lightweight

The Spyderco Manix2 Blue Lightweight is now shipping from Golden, CO and the product information page is now live on Spyderco.com.

For info and specs, check out the Manix2 Blue Information Page here.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar

Thumbs up

Yes!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Darkfin's Avatar
    Is this different from the one I got about a month ago??
    There isnít any symbolism. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The shark are all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is ****.
    ~Ernest Hemingway (describing The Old Man and the Sea)

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Wait a minute. The Pic clearly shows a 154cm FFG blade vs the CTS-BD1 that's out now. Is this a different model?

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Nothing different that I know of. I'm just still waiting for my dealer to recieve the stock to fill the pre-order I placed 6 months ago.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User nakahoshi's Avatar
    I found one in Vermont

I still cant get over how light this is in hand!

-Bobby

Spyderco Forum Registered User Rutgrr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 46Alpha View Post
    Wait a minute. The Pic clearly shows a 154cm FFG blade vs the CTS-BD1 that's out now. Is this a different model?
    The photo must be wrong. The info on the page says BD-1.
    My s

I believe this picture, like the one in the 2011 catalog, is a picture of a preproduction model with 154cm blade steel.

Spyderco Forum Registered User jtoler_9's Avatar
    Probably just a mistake. The production model I just got was BD-1.

The photo was made from a regular manix copy I believe. It should be BD-1.

The first image posted was outdated. The tech specs were correct in saying that the steel for this knife is CTS-BD1

Yes it's BD-1. Anyway, the one complaint about this knife is that it only has a PLAIN edge! WTC Spyderco? How can Spyderco of all companies not offer a serrated or at least partial? Does anybody know of a good place I can get an edge put on? I called Spyderco and they said they don't do anything like that. This is the first Spyderco next to my Cocobolo Kiwi that has a plain edge...not my style. Help?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Chris_H's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by my91sho View Post
    Yes it's BD-1. Anyway, the one complaint about this knife is that it only has a PLAIN edge! WTC Spyderco? How can Spyderco of all companies not offer a serrated or at least partial? Does anybody know of a good place I can get an edge put on? I called Spyderco and they said they don't do anything like that. This is the first Spyderco next to my Cocobolo Kiwi that has a plain edge...not my style. Help?
    The problem is that serrated and partially-serrated knives just aren't selling as well as plain-edge knives nowadays. Serrations as an option have been disappearing rather than having having lingering stock of a product that moves slow or not at all.

Don't you sharpen yourself? If not, why not learn that part of knife ownership now? The Spyderco Sharpmaker is a great tool and is fairly intuitive. Of course, there are a myriad of other sharpening devices out there that might also suit your tastes better.
    "All your are belong to us."
    ** WTC # 1032 1533 **

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    I'll admit that I carried a full serrated Delica for seven years and loved it. Since then, however, I've gravitated more towards plain edge knives. Have you looked at possibly getting the G-10 Manix 2? It is offered in plain, serrated, or partially serrated and is typically only a few bucks more than the blue FRCP Manix 2.

BTW, good to see a Spokane man on here. I grew up in the valley (attended Central Valley HS).

edit: re-read and see that you already have the blue Manix 2. Sorry, I don't know of any place to get aftermarket serrations put on.
    Last edited by jabba359; 01-13-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: Des Horn, Dialex Junior, Super Blue Manbug

A Combo Edge Pre-Ordered

I don't know when the combo-edge will be released, but I've got one pre-ordered from Howes.

I used to be a serrated edge guy myself and have found that I am gravitating toward the plain edge for any new knives that I buy. I still carry a serrated edge for certain tasks, but with the Spyderco plain edge, I feel like I can cut anything that I need. I prefer the plain for self defense as well, as the serrated edges can get hung up in loose clothing. (If a situation ever did happen where it came to this.)