Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the worst cut you got with a Spyderco

Hybrid View

Membership Suspended - Pending

Whats the worst cut you got with a Spyderco

What happen.Did you go the hospital

How many stitches,What knife and how did it happen

Spyderco Forum Registered User -F1's Avatar
    I would love for Sal to answer this question.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Dr. Snubnose's Avatar
    I try to hold onto my knives...this way the BG doesn't get it and I save a trip to the hospital...Doc
    "Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    I stupidly cut towards myself with my ambitious, went halfway behind my thumb nail.
    another accident, though not a spyderco, I slipped off my sharpener and filleted my index finger around the knuckle.
    and another one where i was cutting cardboard, resting the card on my leg, I slipped nd my caly 3.5, luckily fairly dull, cut my leg
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Tuff- Southard- Caly 3.5 Superblue- Dragonfly H1 SE- Resilience
    Others- Dalibor Sirius- Strider SnG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer
    Inbound: Curtiss Nano- Zero Tolerance 0777

Spyderco Forum Registered User OldSarSwmr's Avatar
    My worst cut happened to my bank account and hasn't healed yet.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by oldsarswmr View Post
    my worst cut happened to my bank account and hasn't healed yet.

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Rwb1500's Avatar
    I stuck the tip of a Delica into my thigh over Christmas...

And no, I don't wanna, talk about it

Maybe later.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSarSwmr View Post
    My worst cut happened to my bank account and hasn't healed yet.
    +1
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

Got my new Spydie Caly3, VG10, and touched the blade with my thumb to see if it was sharp. WOW!
    Sonny

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Shaving with a Gayle Bradley.

Spyderco Forum Registered User RLR's Avatar
    dropped a paramilitary on my toe years ago... tip in.
    cut wasn't huge, but split the nail in half.
    to this day, the nail grows split in two, along the paramilitary scar.

Don't catch a knife with your foot...

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    @ Chuck:
    Good gosh, man! I'm hoping you switched to an electric razor after this event. Hope your face is on the mend.

As for my worst Spydie-inflicted injury...

Once upon a time, many moons ago, I failed to fully engage the lock on my SS Harpy. (I was in a hurry and was trying to open my knife as I was pulling on a pair of jeans). In the end, I looked down in horror to see that my right index finger was wedged firmly between the handle and the razor-sharp teeth of the Harpy. After a quick trip to the ER (they know me by name) I returned home with four stitchs across my knuckle (Oh! And did I mention that I was forced to get a tetanus shot?). I later discovered that I had accidently sliced through one of the ligaments/tendons in my knuckle. Because of this, my right index finger has a permanent "arch" at the knuckle. I like to think of it as my personal Spyderco tattoo.
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderNut View Post

(I was in a hurry and was trying to open my knife as I was pulling on a pair of jeans).
    WHY? At least you got your FINGER!

@ Chuck:
    Good gosh, man! I'm hoping you switched to an electric razor after this event. Hope your face is on the mend.
    I went with my multiblade monstrosity

That cut was a couple months ago and since it was very clean, it healed right up.

As for my worst Spydie-inflicted injury...

Once upon a time, many moons ago, I failed to fully engage the lock on my SS Harpy. (I was in a hurry and was trying to open my knife as I was pulling on a pair of jeans). In the end, I looked down in horror to see that my right index finger was wedged firmly between the handle and the razor-sharp teeth of the Harpy. After a quick trip to the ER (they know me by name) I returned home with four stitchs across my knuckle (Oh! And did I mention that I was forced to get a tetanus shot?). I later discovered that I had accidently sliced through one of the ligaments/tendons in my knuckle. Because of this, my right index finger has a permanent "arch" at the knuckle. I like to think of it as my personal Spyderco tattoo.
    I hope you have full function after you heal. Yours is much worse than mine.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    I went with my multiblade monstrosity

That cut was a couple months ago and since it was very clean, it healed right up.

I hope you have full function after you heal. Yours is much worse than mine.

I'm glad to hear that you are no worse for the wear following your shaving incident. As for switching to the "multiblade monstrosity," I hope that you are referring to a Gillette and not the C44 Dyad.
    As for my index finger: I still have some difficulty trying to fully extend it due to the trauma to the tendons. Cold weather especially seems to cause more stiffness in the joint. However, it doesn't cause me any pain/discomfort. It just looks kinda' funny.

-Michael
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

I'm glad to hear that you are no worse for the wear following your shaving incident. As for switching to the "multiblade monstrosity," I hope that you are referring to a Gillette and not the C44 Dyad.
    As for my index finger: I still have some difficulty trying to fully extend it due to the trauma to the tendons. Cold weather especially seems to cause more stiffness in the joint. However, it doesn't cause me any pain/discomfort. It just looks kinda' funny.

-Michael
    LOL, yeh a Gillette.

As for the stiffness in your finger, I hope that time will move the stiffness to where it's wanted.

Spyderco Forum Registered User DiKa's Avatar
    After a night of cigars and cognac, brought my friends downstairs to show my collection. After explaining what the hole is for on the blade, I decided to show them. Everything was well until I showed them how to close a Civilian with one hand. Long story short, an inch long cut, one hour bleeding, medical glue, bandaid, I'm pouring drinks with my left hand and speaking very loudly about how sharp are my knives.

Quote Originally Posted by DiKa View Post
    After a night of cigars and cognac, brought my friends downstairs to show my collection. After explaining what the hole is for on the blade, I decided to show them. Everything was well until I showed them how to close a Civilian with one hand. Long story short, an inch long cut, one hour bleeding, medical glue, bandaid, I'm pouring drinks with my left hand and speaking very loudly about how sharp are my knives.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sorry lol Im pouring drinks with my left hand.

Dude that sucks

Spyderco Forum Registered User Tdog's Avatar
    Over the years commercial and charter fishing I've cut myself more times than I want to think about. The only time I've cut myself so far (knock on wood) with a Spydie was with a brand new Delica. The action was tight so I lubed it and backed off the pivot screw ever so slightly. I was working the blade back and forth hoping to "break it in" a bit. Wasn't paying attention and sliced the doody out of my thumb. ER with 6 stitches. The doc commented on what a clean cut it was. Have to look very closely even to see a scar. Sharp knife and a sharp doc. I am Thankful for both.
    Last edited by Tdog; 01-11-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Bolster's Avatar
    Left thumb. 5 stitches.

Opening a zip-tie with a Delica.

It cut the tie fine, it's just that the blade kept on going, after the tie was cut.

(I no longer own any Delicas.)

Quiz for extra points: What's the #1 cutting chore that sends people to the ER room? (According to my physician, who entertained me with factoids while he was sewing up my thumb.)
    Last edited by Bolster; 01-11-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    Congratulations—your brainwashing is complete!
    Perform ongoing maintenance by daily consumption of mainstream media.