Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you use your Spyderco today?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Mako109's Avatar
    PPT to chop green onions, slice chicken meat, break down several boxes, open a couple of blister paks, and to cut the tip off a tube of caulk.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cscoop's Avatar
    Laying around after having foot surgery on Friday. Feeling totally useless and looking for something to cut up I saw an extra large pizza box that would not fit into our kitchen trash can. Crutched on over and used my Para 2 and turned it into 30 small pieces of smelly cardboard. Now I feel better.
    We would not let our people have ideas why would we let them have guns? Josef Stalin

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    I just cup up a lot of the usual today...corrugated boxes.

A random tip for you box cutter guys out there, try slicing at a 45 degree angle through sheets....it's a lot easier than going at it straight in at 90 degrees. It allows the board to spread apart easier than if you slice through it straight. Try it sometime...the difference is like going from a dull knife to a sharp knife.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cscoop View Post
    Laying around after having foot surgery on Friday. Feeling totally useless and looking for something to cut up I saw an extra large pizza box that would not fit into our kitchen trash can. Crutched on over and used my Para 2 and turned it into 30 small pieces of smelly cardboard. Now I feel better.
    Hope you recover soon and back to using your Spyderco's as usual soon. Take care.
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

It's 5am for me. My daughter wanted to stick a Pokemon figure on a pencil she takes to school. So cut away the top of a HB pencil to slide on the Pokemon using my SB Caly. She was so happy that she asked me to do the same for her two back up pencils. She's seven now.
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
    -Wicked Edge

Spyderco Forum Registered User OldSarSwmr's Avatar
    Used my Manix2 while taping off my living room prepping for paint. Tape...slice...repeat.

Dan

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    I just cup up a lot of the usual today...corrugated boxes.

A random tip for you box cutter guys out there, try slicing at a 45 degree angle through sheets....it's a lot easier than going at it straight in at 90 degrees. It allows the board to spread apart easier than if you slice through it straight. Try it sometime...the difference is like going from a dull knife to a sharp knife.
    Definately gonna try that, bro.

- best wishes, Jazz.

Edc-ed the trusty PPT today. Cut some greenlee string at work. Broke down some light fixture boxes. Opened a package of meat and broke down the box of rotini. The faithful PPT was brought out of retirement and my new lansky kit gave her a face lift. The lansky was my Xmas gift to myself.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Today i literally planed the top of a door in my house with my Paramilitary. It's been rubbing for a while now and i got sick of it. I don't own a wood plane so this was the next best/sharp thing. It was pretty hard work trying to shave such thin slices but it worked out nicely.
    Last edited by Evil D; 01-18-2012 at 02:19 PM.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

I used my XHP MIllie last night to cut up an apple for my wife
    -Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
    -Wicked Edge

PPT vs DHL package

Used my PPT to open up a DHL package. Found that the blade shape is excellent when slicing the outer pack without damaging the bag inside.

Notice the clean cut

I used a Native to cut my thumb....does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by okbohn View Post
    I used a Native to cut my thumb....does that count?
    I used my PPT to cut the skin of my right foot toe yesterday and did not report it. So, yes, it counts. As long as the blade performed well, its all good

-Ryan

-Wicked Edge

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    Used my m390 para to open my birthday presents
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Tuff- Southard- Caly 3.5 Superblue- Dragonfly H1 SE- Resilience
    Others- Dalibor Sirius- Strider SnG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer
    Inbound: Curtiss Nano- Zero Tolerance 0777

Happy Birthday Razorsharp!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
    Used my m390 para to open my birthday presents
    Happy birthday mate! Wish you all the best on this special day

Spyderco Forum Registered User Mr Blonde's Avatar
    Used the spine of my FRN ZDP189 Stretch to scratch away the cover over a code on a gift card.

Last update: 03-21-2014 - WTC 2507 - Twitter

Spyderco Forum Registered User Zenith's Avatar
    "If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
    "the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
    If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
    Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/

Today my Delica 4 SE cut some hard plastic cable protector at my workplace.
    Right after that I sliced a sheet of paper with it just to amuse my colleague.