Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: How did you use your Spyderco today?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Brock O Lee's Avatar
    Peeled and cut up a mango at work with the 20cp PM2.

Made a chicken sandwich for dinner with the South Fork.
    Hans

Military (S90V, M4, M390, S30V SE), Paramilitary 2 (20CP, M390), Gayle Bradley, Manix LW, Native 5 S110V, Caly 3 (ZDP, SB), Delica SB, Sage 2, Salt 1 SE, Dragonfly H1 SE, South Fork, Mule Team (Elmax, S110V), Aqua Salt SE

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I used my Caly to open Priority Boxes containing more Spydies.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User VeloWeave's Avatar
    I used my Delica 4 to open up a new Black and Decker Lithium battery weed eater box. Yard now looks squared away.

Most Carried: Caly 3 CF, Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
    Wishlist 2014: Dice, Mnandi, Strider PT CC
    Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2
    Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter
    Coming Soon Flashlight: MBI HF Copper 3 mode with Hi Cri emitter (arrived and it's awesome!)

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    I used my Caly 3.5 to sharpen a pencil, so my son could finish his homework.
    Time for another !

-Matt

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I used my Cruwear Millie to cut though several rounds of buried 3/4" garden hose while digging to uncover a corroded and broken "gate" valve, about 2.5 feet deep, controling the water supply to my house. The valve was 60 years old and the pipe had corroded completely through on both sides. Had to use the millie to cut smaller roots from around the pipe to make working room for replacement.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List, new stuff: 4V Mule; Midnight Blue Lt Wt Manix2 S110V sprint; Caly 3.5 new Japanese supersteel sprint, pref in Foliage Green G-10; New Stretch prototype CF slab/ZDP test sprint! (or super blue if any happens to be left over and lying around!); an alternative, 2nd default G-10 regular production color, such as FG, coyote, tan, etc, to be introduced gradually on some knives
    Old stuff: FG Millie D2 & Manix2 CTS-XHP

Spyderco Forum Registered User NoFair's Avatar
    Opened taped stacks of petri dishes with e-coli cultures with my PPT (cleaned it afterwards )

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Used my new SB delica to cut up onion and chicken. Mine must be defected a bit or something, as the part that suppose to be laminated started patina a bit. Ill post pictures later.
    Top Picks: Chaparral 2, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-----Dreaming of: M4 Bird & Trout collaboration with Phil Wilson-----

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User jmh58's Avatar
    Took my KIWI with me to work today.. Cut some dried paint from inside a roller cover.. Then the handle too.. John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Never too old to relive your youth!!

Life is to short to carry a cheap knife!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User jmh58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydersense View Post
    I used my Caly 3.5 to sharpen a pencil, so my son could finish his homework.
    LOL!!! So.. How did that work out??? John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Never too old to relive your youth!!

Life is to short to carry a cheap knife!!!

For the last three days I've been using mine to assist in opening the foil blister packs of cold and flu medicine.
    Darn germs!

Spyderco Forum Registered User saltybones's Avatar
    used my native to open some mail and a package containing another spydie also to cut up some bananas and papaya for a smoothie

Patina going through the laminated area:

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

I cleaned up about 15 perch for dinner with my h1 Catcherman. It did fine with everything but skinning. Needs more flex to the blade to be a real fillet knife. Don't get me wrong I love this knife it sees use weekly. I just can't rely on it alone to fillet fish ya know?
    ~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmh58 View Post
    LOL!!! So.. How did that work out??? John
    Pretty good. He ran out of excuses when I handed him his sharp pencil.
    Time for another !

-Matt

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    I used my caly 3.5 to tear up a lot of cardboard to make a box so that I could ship a sword.
    Para-Military 2 satin camo, P'kal, Matriarch 2, Squeak, Endura 4, Delica 4, Jason Breeden Rescue, Orange Dodo, Dragonfly 2, Yojimbo 2, Manix 2 DLC Black, UKPK, Ulize, Lum Tanto Folder Grey, Caly 3.5, Swick 3, Bug, Grey G10 Jester, Military CPM Cru-Wear, Karahawk, Ladybug, Caly 3 Super Blue, Bradley Folder, Starmate, Ladybug Super Blue, Urban, Para-Military 2 CPM 154/S90V, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Para-Military 2 CTS-204P

Bring back the A.T.R!

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    My LionSpy cut up some Trader Joe's bacon cheddar cheese to put on crackers. It was a tough job, but the LionSpy was up to the task.
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: Super Blue Delica, G-10 BlackHawk, S110V Mule

Spyderco Forum Registered User PocketZen's Avatar
    I used my bushcraft to cut up my old bank card and trim off some stray tread from my boot.

Quote Originally Posted by jabba359 View Post
    My LionSpy cut up some Trader Joe's bacon cheddar cheese to put on crackers. It was a tough job, but the LionSpy was up to the task.
    If that's not hard use I don't know what is

-Spencer

Been using the Endura 4 FFG all morning to cut pallet straps and cardboard. Most of the straps I'm talking about are simple plastic but some are fiberglass. Cut a BUNCH of tape to open boxes as well. Worked beautifully

Edit: I think I need a hawbill boys!
    Last edited by RealKnifeUser; 02-17-2014 at 10:57 AM.
    "The skeptic does not mean he who doubts, but he who investigates or researches, as opposed to he who asserts and thinks that he has found."
    - Miguel de Unamuno

Military Black G-10 DLC, Byrd Meadowlark 2 G-10, Lil Matriarch, Pacific Salt SE yellow, Endura 4 ffg brown, Native FRN PE, Dragonfly 2 Orange, Ulize, Sharpmaker and UF rods. Also, Cold Steel Voyager XL Clip PE, Kershaw Volt II (on loan), many fixed blades, and a KP strop block.

Spyderco Forum Registered User demoncase's Avatar
    Used:
    1. C84 Karambit to open a letter from Teh Govinmint- Joy of joys, it's my car tax renewal
    2. Squeek to trim down the insert aperture for the wife's Walther LGR diopter sights.
    Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....