Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you use your Spyderco today?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Wow you are a good doggy daddy!
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!! X 2, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 2
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User MadRookie's Avatar
    LOL

Yeah, have 5 of them - 3 x Yorkies and 2 x Jack Russels.

They are our kids in the house.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I cut up a garage-full of boxes, again.

We moved 3 months ago and my wife is still filling up my garage with empty boxes. I have to cut them up and put them together for our trash service to pick up. I used my Manix 2 for most of this, and over a period of a couple of months I got it very dull. I sharpened and stropped it back to being pretty sharp, but after today it might not be quite so sharp.

I used my dragonfly salt to open the box containing my new KC native!
    So much to learn!

My 's : D'fly2 yl salt SE, Centofante 3, Tasman Salt blk PE, Manix 2 g-10, chaparral 1 cts-xhp, yojimbo 2.

Wanted list: N5 lwt

I used my endura wave to open food packages, cut bananas, and pop a blister (eww I know).

My new pacific salt SE has been cutting a lot of rope lately plus lopping small limbs that are in my way in the forest.

In other news, my SAK has done a wonderful job opening beer bottles (yes, I know my endura can do that as well!)
    My Spyders : Endura wave PE, Pacific Salt SE, Tenacious PE, Persistence PE(gifted), byrd Hawkbill SE, Cricket(lost)
    Wish list: Yojimbo, Cricket, Delia FFG, Street Bowie, Police 3

-Adam

Used my "Paramilitary 2 Paring Knife" for food prep this morning.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I sliced through several dozen heavy zip-ties today while putting a Schwinn Runabout together with this animal.

Later today I sliced onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos for dinner with my K08 Santoku
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

How did I use my Spydercos today? Stupidly.

I was having fun cutting hair by holding it from one end and quickly hitting it with varying spydies (couldn't cut with the Persistence; time to strop).

Manix, chop, chop. Another hair. Dragonfly, chop, chop, Stretch, chop. Another hair. Techno, chop, Manix, chop, chop, chop (see where I'm going, with the increasing number of chops on the same, shortening hair?).

There goes a clean ~1/4in diameter "disk" from the side/tip of my left index finger, most of that being nail... Got a picture of the disk; too disgusting to post. It was a "shallow" disk, but enough to make my new FFG Manix 2 G-10 very "mine".

My wife is not amused.

Spyderco Forum Registered User MadRookie's Avatar
    ...ouch!

But now it is truly owned.

Thanks for not posting the pic It's painful enough just thinking about it. I got careless cutting some small branches from a trail with my cru Millie soon after I got it and got a cut along the pad of my thumb. It takes a little while to realize just how sharp these things are.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

I received a South Fork yesterday. Wow, this is a horse of a little knife.

I didn't wake up in time this morning to skin a buffalo, so I cut up some tomatoes and onions and peppers with it and made some omelets. I will probably use it in the kitchen for a while to get used to using it and sharpening it.

I plan on using it camping and fishing and doing those messy jobs I don't like doing with a folder.

It's probably overkill for what I need but so far I like it. I'm trying to determine it's toughness and how much of a beating it can take, i.e. Would it open up a can of beans easy enough without worry of damage or how well the tip will dig into wood without breaking . A person needs to know the reasonable limitations of his tools.

So far I like it. It should be fun figuring out it's place in the line up.
    Last edited by sok; 01-11-2014 at 10:04 AM.

I used my new foliage green Dragonfly to get out about 15 1.5 volt button cells and 3.0 volt lithium cells from their packaging, to power my wife's tiny candles, etc. (This is left over from Christmas and will soon be put away -- thank heavens for cheap Amazon Prime batteries).

I started by trying to get them out from the back of the packages through the cardboard, which is near impossible in some cases, then remembered my D-fly clipped in my shirt pocket, and it quickly lopped them off through the clear plastic on the front of the packages. It's great for small work like this because you can choke up so close on the blade without danger of cutting yourself. I don't know how I got along without it so long, and now it stays in my pocket all the time.

I've thought of the 20th century as the one in which humans poisoned themselves, and I'm beginning to think of 21st as the one in which they're packaging themselves to death. But, with the help of my trusty D-fly, maybe I can ward that off in my case

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    It was yesterday but I used my cruwear millie to strip the cables for the connectors on my DIY aerial for my 2m vhf transciever.
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    I used my new Southard to sit and knifesterbate at my desk while reading internet forums.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Leon's Avatar
    I used my Chicago to open the package that my paramilitary 2 arrived in
    Good times

Yesterday I built a giant crossbow/ballista with a few classmates for a senior physics project. Used my Endura a few thousand times to trim wood, cut duct tape and nylon/wire cordage, and even cut this weird piece of cardboard that was like a toilet paper tube, but giant and the "walls" were a half inch of non corrugated cardboard. Not cut it in half, but split it all the way down lengthwise like a log. I thought all that would kill the edge, and I was really cranking the knife hard to cut that cardboard and was worried about inducing blade play, but the Endura held up 100% and still sliced notebook paper after all that.

Today I used my Endura to open the package of the new pocketclip for my Manix 2 lightweight.

Then at work, I cut some pieces of tape with that Manix 2 LW for my boss to use to fix a busted 12 pack of soda for a customer.

Then I opened and cut some boxes of grocery bags. Coworker: "Woah is that your knife?" as they watched it zip through cardboard. It is not often that we get an outside justification of the fact that I spent half an hour that morning putting on the best ceramic rod and leather belt strop edge I've ever gotten on that Manix 2.

Then I thumbed open my Manix 2 and flipped it closed repeatedly and stared at it while I ate fried chicken with my other hand on my break at work. Good times.

Then my twin brother had another half an hour discussion comparing his SOGs to my Spydercos. He admitted he preferred the ergonomics and traction of the Manix to his Trident and Flash II, but he still likes his weird SOG pocketclip deployment and the assisted opening of the SOGs too much to come to the light side. It makes me sad.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    About a week ago, I used my Dragonfly Salt PE to dig a sliver out of a co-worker's hand. It just so happens I had just overheard her ask if "anyone had a knife handy." After using an alcohol swab on the blade, we were good to go.
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    I used my new Southard to sit and knifesterbate at my desk while reading internet forums.
    TMI

As I've said before I wondered it there's something Freudian about us buying all these knives

Spyderco Forum Registered User Mr Blonde's Avatar
    My Terzuola slipit helped to build a cardboard castle today.

Last update: 03-21-2014 - WTC 2507 - Twitter