Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you use your Spyderco today?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Rwb1500's Avatar
    Bump up for one of my favorite threads.

Last day of vacation and somebody lost my darned cigar punch. No worries, plenty of sharp blades around.

Quote Originally Posted by dbcad View Post
    Change is the only constant...

...Quite enjoyable and satifsying to have the number of knives decrease but the sharpness of the edges increase. The eternal quest for least resistance

Enjoy your edges folks

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    I'm told the cap of a Fisher Bullet SpacePen also makes a decent cigar punch, but I always use one of my Spydercos.
    Last edited by 3rdGenRigger; 11-09-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Typo
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Nice photo rwb
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Manix 2 LW, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User Rwb1500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    Nice photo rwb
    Thanks! Not bad for the old cell phone.

I gave up on good cigars years ago, just realized I was spending too much money on them. Now a buddy had taken up the habit and I feel obliged to lead him down the right path. Of course that means I've got to fire up a few sticks myself, much to my wife's dismay.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbcad View Post
    Change is the only constant...

...Quite enjoyable and satifsying to have the number of knives decrease but the sharpness of the edges increase. The eternal quest for least resistance

Enjoy your edges folks

Spyderco Forum Registered User defenestrate's Avatar
    I used my CTS-XHP Manix2 prying out a battery cage from one of those dollar store flashlights - something has made it not fit the case that well (weather changes?). Before that, I used it to open a couple of small pharmaceutical packages (OTC stuff, nothing fun) and to cut some hoop cheese that I added to burger patties (I also used Matouk's west Indian hot sauce (a Trinidad staple I hear) and raw Sourwood honey). Those burgers were some of the best I can remember. The chunky spicy habanero salsa with enough honey to balance it out is a killer topping and the hoop cheese is mild enough not to distract too much from the other flavors.
    I don't get mad. I get..Stabby.
    -Fat Tony

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I used my frn stretch to open a couple of knife packages in the mail today!

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    I used my Schempp Tuff to trim an errant thread off my jacket today, just for the sake of doing it. It felt like I imagine sandblasting a soup cracker would.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

I used my Yojimbo2 to score a pomegranate.

Most of my knife usage is not interesting enough (letters, packages, some food, etc) to post in a thread like this, but yesterday was more interesting. I came out into the garage to get some dog food and heard a hissing sound. Turns out the expansion tank on my hot water heater had sprung a leak. No, I didn't use the knife to cut off the offending tank. That might have even damaged a knife as stellar as my Spydercos! But I DID use my trusty Sage 1 to cut the soaked insulation blanket off from around the heater after replacing the tank. It just tore into the tape, insulation sheets, and backing material with ease. It was really fantastic to already have a suitable knife in pocket and ready to go!

(Sorry, no pictures!)

Para-2 cutting open boxes at garage sale

Performance: flawless

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Folding knife kitchen duties. My first Schempp and all can say is HOLY SH*T. Ed, this is a game changer. Less than 6 hours out of priority mail box and it's pivot deep in peppers and onions.

My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Truly nice photo xceptnl
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

As I Lost my job last friday, I have much spare time and decided it was time to install my 2 new PSB CW180R in wall speakers. Used my ZDP endura to cut off the insulation in the wall of my weirdly build 1958 home :P

Sorry for the crappy photo, cell phone with low lights doesn't work well even with a flash.

Last edited by Laethageal; 11-19-2013 at 04:07 AM.
    Owned : Broken tip ZDP-189 Endura, Mule Team 18, Mr Itou R2 180mm Gyoto, Super Blue Stretch, Super Blue Ladybug
    In the wish list model list: Southard, *Yuna Qi 4.1 in K390*, ZDP-189 Ladybug, Chaparral, any AEB-L Sal would make into a folder!

Mail opening, tags of a suit jacket, stripped some wire with my manix 2 xl.

Great knife

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KardinalSyn View Post
    Truly nice photo xceptnl
    Thanks. For some reason the cell phone camera has become a needed tool in my kitchen.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Cut rope, opened boxes, dinner prep (potato mostly).

All with the manix 2 xl

Open more knife packages with my stretch combo-edge! Blue ambitious and persistence knives! Quality of these value folders is amazing!!!

Sorry to hear about being outta work. Hope you find a good job soon.
    Happy to see a well used knife.
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    very nice photo Laethageal! hope the job hunt goes well
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Manix 2 LW, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Looks like that broken-tip endura might be a good candidate for converting into a "Jandura" .

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showt...ghlight=janich
    Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E)