Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you use your Spyderco today?

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    And to those who gave blood today inadvertently, you know that these steels require their periodic blood sacrifices! I love the companies that send you band-aids along with their knives, very handy!
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveSpyder View Post
    And to those who gave blood today inadvertently, you know that these steels require their periodic blood sacrifices! I love the companies that send you band-aids along with their knives, very handy!
    Should I try to buy some stock in whatever company makes band-aids?

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    Should I try to buy some stock in whatever company makes band-aids?
    There's a whole new batch of SB's coming out, so projections seem good on band-aid futures! I got a wicked little slice from my SB Caly when first opening it up, so I know it also needs some of your blood, the question is really how often the SB's will need feeding! I am proud that I produced a portion of that patina!
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    SB does take a hell of an edge!
    -----Dreaming of: M4 Bird & Trout collaboration with Phil Wilson-----

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    mmmm cantaloupe!
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveSpyder View Post
    Funny you should say that. I've only cut myself with one of my Spydercos once. I was 100ft up a cell tower we were in the process of building and I had my Chaparral 1 with me. I was cutting some tape off a load that had just come up and it slipped a bit and my knife hand slipped a little. I thought nothing of it and certainly felt nothing, no impact of my hand at all...didn't think it even came close. Turns out my freshly sharpened Chaparral sliced through my leather welding glove and through the back of my thumb almost to the bone as if it were warm butter. It was in the middle of winter and I only noticed when blood started dripping out of my glove through the small hole. By the time I climbed back down the fingers were all filled with blood. Wasn't as bad as it sounds though, and it sliced so cleanly and neatly that I didn't even need stitches for it.
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam), Jester (Grey G10), Caly3/3.5 (CF ZDP-189/420J2), Domino (Blue weave)
    Ladybug (H1), Native FRN (Black S30V), Dragonfly Salt, Swick3, Techno, Military (CruWear)
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule Team (K390), Manix2 LW Black, Ulize, Chokwe
    Saver Salt, Lava (Blue G-10), 2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Titanium Damascus)

-> Branden

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    The handle was only able to cut the hemp when 10,000 metric tons of force was applied

Trimmed fat and sinew of some rump steak for a barbecue

Quote Originally Posted by nccole View Post
    +1 for chokwe, I carry and use mine every day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Tabo's Avatar
    Sliced some potatoes up with the Endura SB. Nice patina starting to form just from cutting them.

Sliced a pear with my new gayle Bradley

Spyderco Forum Registered User glbpro's Avatar
    Today: Chicken vs Stretch. No contest!

Regards,
    Bruno

"Each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked." - Nehemiah 4:18

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    +1 for chokwe, I carry and use mine every day.
    I carry the one below (the bottom one), and the top one is now de-clipped and designated for kitchen duty only. I have an 8" chef's but the Chokwe can handle 90% of what I do in the kitchen. It is the only knife I have ever bought two of. Today I used my little H1 SE Dragonfly to weed around some persimmon trees that sprouted up that I am keeping for people to relocate and have. Some vine that had white flowers was climbing up the small trunks and choking them out. I have decided I need an H1 SE Pacific Salt because while the Dragonfly is great a bigger blade in that setup would be fantastic to have while I mow. It will probably get a designated place on the mower and left out there.

we were bonding

Spyderco Forum Registered User Per-Sev's Avatar
    I found a apple in the fridge today and thought I would see how my Schempp Tuff would do. It performed great, I figured it would but being a thick blade I thought I would get more resistance than I did but it sliced right threw it and then I cut the core out and the tip worked great for digging out the core. I want to post pics but it keeps saying there to large and I am using a iPad with a photo reducing app and either it won't let me post it or its to small like a thump nail.

Steak-knife

My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II

*Landon*

Breakfast for dinner is the best meal idea ever. Remembering my childhood as I enjoy real BACON for the first time in months.
    Nothing says Happy Bacon Friday like starting a day early. Also my EDC SS Stretch has been seeing lots of pocket time this week with it's new Ti lowrider clip.

My 's:

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    That SS Stretch really is a good looking knife.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

My favorite pocket steak knife working on it's patina while I expand my beer palate!
    My 's:

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar

-----Dreaming of: M4 Bird & Trout collaboration with Phil Wilson-----

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-Spencer