Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you use your Spyderco today?

Spyderco Forum Registered User MsbS's Avatar
    Last night I started to feel like I was developing a cold. I took some Aspirin just before bedtime, etc. In the morning, I made myself some ginger root + hot water tea. Turns out the blue Manix Lightweight with plain edge is just perfect for slicing ginger, and the choil also gives you great control to peel it!

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Used my edc DLC Para 2 to slice open bags of cheese to make lasagna I also minced some garlic for some Rosemary garlic bread I baked, then sprinkled on some parm cheese. Turned out good.

Also sliced up a bunch of parchment paper and broke down some cardboard. Boring stuff.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Made my 3 year old a PB&J sandwich and then sliced some apples for the two of us to snack on while watching college football on this rainy afternoon.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Paradiggum's Avatar
    Today I used my Tenacious to make feather sticks to start the bonfire we got going. Sharpened a couple of sticks for marshmallows to. Also cut up some cardboard boxes to toss onto the fire after it was roaring.

Visited the beach, vegetable market and then the hair salon. Had my SS Endura in my pocket the entire time. Only used it to open a bag of cashew nuts which I ate whilst walking along the beach.

My thanks to everyone who contributed to make this thread a success. I enjoy reading your contributions immensely.
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cheddarnut's Avatar
    I chased a spider on the wall with my d2 para after my gf sent me to mince it, but i let it escape for fear of spider karma cursing my blade.
    I collect knives, my knives collect dust.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pneumothorax's Avatar
    Used my woodcraft mule to debark an old tree branch to make another walkingstick. It is very comfortable in the hand and the choil on this fixed blade allows great control. Now I know why they made it.
    2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
    2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!

I used my Sage 1 to open a packet of targets for patterning steel shotshells.

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    I used my Sage 1 to open a packet of targets for patterning steel shotshells.
    Are you using steel shot for your shotgun?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jeremy_A_Neel's Avatar
    Used my new Military to open a zipfizz. So much quicker than spending a minute trying to tear the plastic with my fingernails

Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    Are you using steel shot for your shotgun?
    Chuck, yes here we have to use non toxic shot when hunting waterfowl. I pattered BlackCloud 2 3/4" 3-shot for ducks and 3" BB for goose using an Improved Cylinder choke in my 870.

I used my Chinook 2 to make a video on closing a mid lock with one hand. video is posted in another thread
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sJLVQY1p7uQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spyderco Forum Registered User MsbS's Avatar
    My surprise of the day: SpyderEdge on my Dragonfly Salt is actually very good for peeling veggies (in my case, a cucumber I had for breakfast). I was expecting a lot more difficulties, but it went real well and smooth.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Moroland's Avatar
    Did some Pumpkin carving last night with my Dragonfly 2:

Spyderco Forum Registered User spyderedge's Avatar
    Cutting cable, wires, removing seeds from dirt (scotch bonnet seeds), breaking down boxes.
    With my endura 4 ffg(blah, Blah, blah look in my sig) Worked great! stayed sharp.
    My Endura 4 FFG Plain, Black in VG-10 had been my faithful EDC companion since 9/26/2012

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    worked on my gokart -
    Last edited by razorsharp; 10-26-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Tuff- Southard- Caly 3.5 Superblue- Dragonfly H1 SE- Resilience
    Others- Dalibor Sirius- Strider SnG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer
    Inbound: Curtiss Nano- Zero Tolerance 0777

Spyderco Forum Registered User Mr Blonde's Avatar
    My Red Bone Kiwi opened the mail when I got home yesterday. Later that evening my red G10 sprint Persian opend a bag of chips. Nothing specatucal but it these mundane cutting chores make my life so much easier and enjoyable.

Last update: 03-21-2014 - WTC 2507 - Twitter

Spyderco Forum Registered User vaisforlovers's Avatar
    Today I used my Delica PE to unclog our vacuum's brushes. It was FULL of my wife's long hair. About 3 year's worth. Hair, by the way, is strong, and doesn't easily cut. And yes the knife was sharp. It was difficult getting the knife's edge perpendicular to the tension on the hair, as the hair was wrapped tightly around the brushes.

Looking back, a serrated edge may have faired better. Scissors probably would have worked even better, but then I wouldn't have been able to use my Delica. I'll try a SE in three years when I remember to unclog the vac's brushes and then scissors in 6. I'll post my results.
    "The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill

Spyderco Forum Registered User thog94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Today I used my Delica PE to unclog our vacuum's brushes. It was FULL of my wife's long hair. About 3 year's worth. Hair, by the way, is strong, and doesn't easily cut. And yes the knife was sharp. It was difficult getting the knife's edge perpendicular to the tension on the hair, as the hair was wrapped tightly around the brushes.

Looking back, a serrated edge may have faired better. Scissors probably would have worked even better, but then I wouldn't have been able to use my Delica. I'll try a SE in three years when I remember to unclog the vac's brushes and then scissors in 6. I'll post my results.
    It's funny, I did the same thing today. I had thoughts of using a serrated edge and did but it didn't work any better. I went from a Native to a Rescue, but ended up using scissors. I love my Spydies but for this task the scissors reigned supreme.

Spyderco Forum Registered User vaisforlovers's Avatar
    thog94, that is funny. Here I was thinking that what I was doing was rather rare. Little did I know, it wasn't that rare after all. Good to know about the scissors. I'll skip the SE and go straight to them next time. Here's to a clean house during the hurricane. I hope NH fares well for you.
    "The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill