Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you use your Spyderco today?

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KardinalSyn View Post
    It actually took me a few views to figure out that you had stabbed the Spaghetti can with your Para2. Nearly had a heart attack.
    Haha did you think the blade snapped?. Dont under estimate m390, the stuff is still quite tough with all that wear resistance
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Tuff- Southard- Resilience
    Others- Dalibor Sirius- Strider SnG DGG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer- Curtiss Nano- Strider SMF Lego
    Inbound: Zero Tolerance 0777 - Zero Tolerance 0801cf - Benchmade 940-1

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
    Haha did you think the blade snapped?. Dont under estimate m390, the stuff is still quite tough with all that wear resistance
    Nope, was feeling sad for the spaghetti.
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

The weather is finally warming up in the Pac NW. For the Last two days I've used my large Rescue out in the garden...opening bags of compost, trimming back the thick stalks on wintered-over kale, and harvesting the last of the arugula crop. IMHO, the Rescue in one tool that should be in the pocket of every serious gardener and landscaper.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."
    "Measure for Measure"
    -W. Shakespeare

Easter egg hunt. I hid Golden Egg. Performed surgery with CF Walker ZDP on felt Easter Bunny and inserted egg in bunny tummy. Great hide.

Spyderco Forum Registered User thog94's Avatar
    Cutting more bails of twine...

Spyderco Forum Registered User thog94's Avatar
    Finishing up a cod end, love my Native but miss my Salt. She was so much better at cutting the poly but she has a good home now. I think that I need another one.

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    Cut tape to do markings on concrete at a construction site
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Tuff- Southard- Resilience
    Others- Dalibor Sirius- Strider SnG DGG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer- Curtiss Nano- Strider SMF Lego
    Inbound: Zero Tolerance 0777 - Zero Tolerance 0801cf - Benchmade 940-1

Used my Military to make some stump markers from some twigs about an inch in diameter. Put points on them so they would push into the ground. Cut some poly twine from around a burlap wrap on a tree that was planted in the front yard and opened a few bags of planting soil. Still shaving sharp. I'm really enjoying this knife and S30v!

Used my M390 PM2 to open the mail. Tough job I know
    -Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
    -Wicked Edge

Used my M390 Millie today.
    Cut tomatoes into slices. Halved two loaves of French bread and layered mustard and mayo. Used the knife tip to pick up smoked beef already sliced from the deli. Then added cottage ham. Topped off with the tomato and salad leaves.

Though I washed the blade right after with soap and water. There is some discoloration on the blade. This did not disappear after a few wipes on cotton cloth either. This did not happen with the S30V Millie.

Updated:
    So those blemishes that formed on the blade, perhaps due to the acidity of the tomato or due the mustard/mayo which I could not get rid of with soap and water, it just wiped away about twenty minutes later when I ran my finger across the blade.
    Last edited by KardinalSyn; 04-16-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: updated
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Brock O Lee's Avatar
    We are moving house on the 19th, so I used the GB to cut a lot of packaging tape, bubble wrap and boxes over the weekend.

The CF scales suite this knife very well, because it doesn't show dirt like coloured G10. Two strokes per side on the fine ceramic, and its hair popping sharp again.

Awesome work knife, but sometimes I wish it was a little bigger, like the Millie.
    Hans

Tuff, Military (S90V, M4, S30V SE), Paramilitary 2 (20CP, M390, 204P), Gayle Bradley, Manix (LW S110V, M4), Forum Native 5, Caly 3 (ZDP, SB), Delica SB, Sage 2, Salt 1 SE, Dragonfly H1 SE
    South Fork, Mule Team (Elmax, S110V), Aqua Salt SE

Spyderco Forum Registered User A.P.F.'s Avatar
    I used my Lum Tanto sprint, to clean some caked on grass from my lawnmower deck. The front edge of the tanto is perfect for scraping tasks.
    Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser

Spyderco Forum Registered User Azwaiian's Avatar
    I used one of my Spydies to cut open a Barbie Mermaid doll packaging! No worries though, no Barbie dolls were hurt or injured, as my Spydie cut cleanly and smoothly, through the positively pink and pirky packaging!

Spyderco Forum Registered User md8232's Avatar
    Used my PM2 S90V to open the packaging on my Orange PM2.

Spyderco Forum Registered User C.L.L 97's Avatar
    Used my pm2 to open a package w/ a book in it. And cut up a small cardboard box...worked great!
    Caden's 's-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
    Newest manix 2 lightweight.
    top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly33.5,all sprint para2's
    Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar

Spyderco Forum Registered User Onionman's Avatar
    Used my G-10 D'fly to cut the ends off of my carrots for a snack, then used it to cut my steak at dinner. Went through the 3/4 inch thick steak with ease.
    The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Very carefully EDC'ed a ZDD-189 Caly 3 for the first time today. (No Use Though)

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CXXX View Post
    Very carefully EDC'ed a ZDD-189 Caly 3 for the first time today. (No Use Though)
    Is that you from PinoyGuns, Charlie?
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Used my Delica to cut open a dough bag while making pizza dough this morning and to cut the flaps off the top of a large box of paper towels to better fit it into the storage area where we get the towels out of.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Zenith's Avatar
    "If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
    "the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
    If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
    Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/