Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you use your Spyderco today?

Spyderco Forum Registered User jmh58's Avatar
    Used my manbug at work to cut the tip of a tube of caulking off.. John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Never too old to relive your youth!!

Life is to short to carry a cheap knife!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User MadRookie's Avatar
    Preparing stuffed mushrooms....

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Loaned my PM2 to a friend while we installed Christmas lights on the cell tower at the top of our hill (We've been doing so for about 20 or so years), while I used my Caly 3.5. I even tested out my Jester just for the sake of it (I wanted to see how well it would cut 3/8" rope into 10' rope slings to hoist the sets of lights). I didn't take my phone with me so no pictures from today, but here's 2 pictures from previous years as someone will probably be wondering what it looks like lit up.

Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    That's Awesome! ^^^
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User VeloWeave's Avatar
    Thanks 2rdGenRigger, awesome photos, and now I'm dizzy. I took my Chaparral to a wedding tonight.

Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
    Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
    Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, [I]Caly 3 CF[I]
    Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    It's 3rd Geneneration. My grandfather, my father, and myself have all built cell towers (My dad would be 2nd technically). I'm transitioning to a different profession (I'm fairly allergic to a lot of things outside and it's not optimal in that respect), but I do still climb occasionally or run crane on weekend jobs when extra help is needed. I've also built small aircraft hangers and a few other side projects.

Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    I don't have a photo, and technically it was yesterday but I used my new Swick 3 to open my new xbox one.
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!!, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Lava, Para-Military 2 CPM-S35VN, Domino CTS-204P, Bob Lum Tanto Folder Black on Black, Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 204P
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Used my "black" frn native to open my tylenol cold and flu capsule packets! Those things can be such a pain !!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Yesterday used my KW exclusive CF/M390 Millie to open my package containing my KW exclusive CF/S90V Manix 2 XL's , and again today to open the package containing my brown Native XHP Native (KC Exclusive).
    Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E)

Ate my burger....

Spyderco Forum Registered User jmh58's Avatar
    MR.. You are making me hungry!! John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Never too old to relive your youth!!

Life is to short to carry a cheap knife!!!

Haha....I am always hungry.....hence the food thingies......

Spyderco Forum Registered User Officer Gigglez's Avatar
    Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.
    I used mine for some utility stuff, while making another knife.
    Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
    -Tenacious G-10, Combo edge
    -Tasman Salt, PE
    -Persistence Limited Edition Blue G-10, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -Delica 4, Grey FRN, Emerson Wave, PE
    -Karahawk collector's club #015, Custom Scales, Emerson Wave, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE
    -Byrd SS Crossbill, PE, Custom Engraved

Spyderco Forum Registered User demoncase's Avatar
    Used my ATR to open a bag of cat litter....Ah, the joy of a rock 'n' roll lifestyle.
    Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Spyderco Forum Registered User NoFair's Avatar
    Used my Techno to open a pack of plastic cups for a DNA isolation experiment..

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I used my pocket scalpel (Caly 3 SB) to precisely cut wrapping paper and finish the Christmas gifts to go under the tree. My wife is a Christmas nut and typically starts decorating early the week of thanksgiving. We have many trees in the house and all must have presents under them to "look finished". The look she gave me when I was using the Spyderco instead of scissors was priceless.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    I used my pocket scalpel (Caly 3 SB) to precisely cut wrapping paper and finish the Christmas gifts to go under the tree. My wife is a Christmas nut and typically starts decorating early the week of thanksgiving. We have many trees in the house and all must have presents under them to "look finished". The look she gave me when I was using the Spyderco instead of scissors was priceless.
    Yep, women do not understand these "manly" notions of us knife nuts.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Brock O Lee's Avatar
    Between the serrated edges of the Dragonfly Salt (yesterday), and Aqua Salt (today), this box of litchis did not stand a change.

Hans

Tuff, Military (S90V, M4, S30V SE), Paramilitary 2 (20CP, M390, 204P), Manix 2 (LW S110V, M4, Cruwear), Gayle Bradley, Caly 3 (ZDP, SB), Forum Native 5, Delica SB, Sage 2, Salt 1 SE, Dragonfly H1 SE
    South Fork, Mule Team (Elmax, S110V), Aqua Salt SE

Spyderco Forum Registered User vaisforlovers's Avatar
    Today we used the Sharpmaker to teach my son how to sharpen a SAK. We did this to work on his Whitlin Chit for Cub Scouts. He got it paper slicing sharp all on his own. No blood letting either. Couldn't be prouder. Thanks Spyderco for making a Scout friendly sharpener that really works.
    "The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill

Spyderco Forum Registered User VeloWeave's Avatar
    I used my Chaparral to open a box of batteries.

Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
    Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
    Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, [I]Caly 3 CF[I]
    Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon