Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you use your Spyderco today?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by BAL View Post
    I like your style rg02, I have several 22's, a G26 and Mossberg 12 as well, along with others of course.
    Good minds think alike!
    -Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
    -Wicked Edge

I did not have to do it but I went ahead and did it anyway.

Had two burgers for lunch. My Caly3.5 helped me out.

A Madrasi Beef Burger:

Chili Chicken Cheese Burger:

BTW, I was not focusing on the burgers. There's a nice patina forming now.
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    I used my newly acquired M390 Para 2 (with factory edge and bevel) to slice half a giant cardboard box into small slivers (approximately 750-800 cuts). Then I pulled out my XHP Manix 2 that I've reprofiled to 30 (no secondary bevel) to finish off the other half of the box (also 750-800 cuts). Boy was I tired by the end. I had always wondered why people would have such small piles of cardboard after cutting up boxes. I thought it seemed like they didn't cut much. Well, after doing it myself, I now realize just how much work it is and how much the box shrinks when reduced to slivers. Cutting that much cardboard also destroys an edge pretty well.
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: Des Horn, Dialex Junior, Super Blue Manbug

Flipped around my Manix2 for entertainment while I picked out my next Spyderco

Quote Originally Posted by jabba359 View Post
    I used my newly acquired M390 Para 2 (with factory edge and bevel) to slice half a giant cardboard box into small slivers (approximately 750-800 cuts). Then I pulled out my XHP Manix 2 that I've reprofiled to 30 (no secondary bevel) to finish off the other half of the box (also 750-800 cuts). Boy was I tired by the end. I had always wondered why people would have such small piles of cardboard after cutting up boxes. I thought it seemed like they didn't cut much. Well, after doing it myself, I now realize just how much work it is and how much the box shrinks when reduced to slivers. Cutting that much cardboard also destroys an edge pretty well.
    Well, once the blades dull, I know you're gonna have more fun getting that edge back
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

Quote Originally Posted by zunedog31 View Post
    Flipped around my Manix2 for entertainment while I picked out my next Spyderco
    Ouch , I forgot to do that with my Para2 today.....but it was in my mind when I was selecting the second Spyderco of the day to purchase.

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    today , my caly cut a box containing a bbq and unwrapped all the pieces . And my catcherman that arrived today was chopping fruit hanging from trees in the orchard at home (naughty me )
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Tuff- Southard- Resilience
    Others- Dalibor Sirius- Strider SnG DGG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer- Curtiss Nano- Strider SMF Lego
    Inbound: Zero Tolerance 0777 - Zero Tolerance 0801cf - Benchmade 940-1

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    A faucet broke off inside the fitting and no plumbers are available today. So I made a wooden plug with my GB to plug it as a makeshift until a plumber comes. Bad thing is, I hit a nail.

After 30 minutes on the brown rods, there's just a tiny compression or chip left. That will sharpen out after a few sharpenings.
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Spyderco Forum Registered User spydutch's Avatar
    Yesterday my SS Cricket/SE helped me to "modify" some pieces of fireworks of my 15 year old son

Started out with my Delica/SE AUS8 gen 1, but soon switched over to my Cricket.

Man, what a great utility blade that is
    Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal)

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge

Thanks for making me the Avatar, Dialex

Recently, I was cutting the rug down at a place called the jug with a girl named Linda Lu.

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    Later today I'll be using a Spyderco to open a package containing a blue M390 Para 2!
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Used my Yojimbo 2 to slice flaps off of a cardboard box
    -Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
    -Wicked Edge

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cscoop's Avatar
    Used my Manix 80mm to open a 20lb bag of bird feed. What an overkill. I could open a Soviet tank with this dang thing.
    We would not let our people have ideas why would we let them have guns? Josef Stalin

Spyderco Forum Registered User md8232's Avatar
    I cut up a roast for dinner with my Mule Team 7. It made everything taste better!

Opened a few PC boxes at work with my sage 3.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Rockcrawler's Avatar
    I used my Manix XL to chop up jalapenos, serranos, habaneros, cilantro, a lime, and tomatoes to make guacamole. Also some lettuce for fajitas... No not ridiculous at all...
    Cheers!

Spyderco Forum Registered User INFRNL's Avatar
    I think I have you all beat
    The collection held the drawer they currently live in; in place. And my Terzuola served as a display in my office on the desk in front of my screen

I did not have to use any today, but I usually rotate through them to open mail this past week, along with some presents

It slices, it dices, it....... stirs coffee?!?

I used my PM2 to stir some sugar into my coffee at the office this morning. We were out of stir sticks, but the mighty PM2 sliced that coffee with ease.

Yep it's pretty much the lamest way that I've used a knife but it did the job.

It sure did come in handy during Christmas. Many packages opened with my trusty edc.

I showed off my Street Beat boot knife in the post office today as it slide across the floor after one of the rivets in the sheath came loose, doh...

I had 105 diaries and desktop calendars which were packaged in bundles of ten with brown paper and sticky tape. Used my Caly3.5 SB to take everything out of their packaging and prep for distribution.

Knife is still cutting as if new.