Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Been listening to a lot of early Ministry lately. Because 1 drummer just isn't badass enough, you gotta have 2.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

I've seen these guys live (They opened for Corb Lund last time I saw him), and they do a great live show.

Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    yello point blank

I think I prefer this to the Ray Wylie Hubbard version.

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User KNaB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    Been listening to a lot of early Ministry lately. Because 1 drummer just isn't badass enough, you gotta have 2.

Heh, what? No "faux british accent, new wave with sympathy" old ministry?

I used to work for Martin Atkins' ( the drummer in the black and white striped shirt who is not Bill Reiflin) record label. Still run into him every now and then

Last edited by KNaB; 06-12-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNaB View Post
    Heh, what? No "faux british accent, new wave with sympathy" old ministry?

I used to work for Martin Atkins' ( the drummer in the black and white striped shirt who is not Bill Reiflin) record label. Still run into him every now and then
    Yeah I don't go quite that far back lol. They practically gave birth to industrial metal and I like to pretend there never was a Ministry before that lol. Didn't one of them end up drumming for REM or something?

~David

Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    Yeah I don't go quite that far back lol. They practically gave birth to industrial metal and I like to pretend there never was a Ministry before that lol. Didn't one of them end up drumming for REM or something?
    yes. Bill Reiflin was drumming for R.E.M in the mid 2000's. I have a piece of the steel cage from the "in case you didn't feel like showing up" tour. I actually have a bit of memorabilia from the world of industrial music.

"Well his name was Mr. Dale Earnhardt
    And he drove the black, number three
    Now the king is gone but he'll not be forgotten
    Nor his like will we ever see"

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Apophis's Avatar
    Stereolab - Cybele's Reverie:

-Nate

Persistence, UKPK, Forum Native, South Fork, Cruwear Millitary, Cruwear Manix, SB Stretch, SB Caly 3.5, UKPK,
    Chaparral, 3 Para2's, Lefty Military, K390 Mule, Caly Jr., Centofante 4

Saw these guys live a few years back and it was awesome (I was literally front row and center just a few feet from Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy...I have one of Duffy's guitar picks he threw into the crowd). They opened with Fire Woman, but they didn't have the acoustics set up right and all we heard was the bass and drums, but they sorted it all out perfectly for the rest of the show and played Rain next which is when the concert really took off. Great show, and probably the loudest concert I've been to.

-> Branden

And this.

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    Dream of the Blue Turtles album but I listen to this song several times each time I play the album.

I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

Spyderco Forum Registered User DRKBC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_roxas45 View Post
    Dream of the Blue Turtles album but I listen to this song several times each time I play the album.

Thanks Chuck, I haven't listened to that song in such I long time, really enjoyed it.

Spyderco Forum Registered User ourgon's Avatar
    Street Bowie
    Street Beat
    Paramilitary 2
    Starmate 440V
    Police SS
    Endura IV FG
    ClipiTool

Any Mastodon fans in the house? Their new album is streaming on iTunes right now if you wanna hear it before it releases. It isn't quite as heavy as some previous albums, but it's quite polished and sounds excellent. I like it more than I have their last few albums but not near as much as Remission and Leviathan.

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User ourgon's Avatar
    Street Bowie
    Street Beat
    Paramilitary 2
    Starmate 440V
    Police SS
    Endura IV FG
    ClipiTool

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuck_roxas45's Avatar
    I always heard that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but then you catch even more flies with poop

http://sharpthings.net/chat

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696