Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Ever heard The Black Crowes playing Led Zeppelin songs with Jimmy Page as a guest guitarist? The album that was released is from a concert (Live At The Greek). The album is amazing...I prefer the versions of "Nobody's Fault But Mine" and "Heartbreaker" to the Led Zeppelin originals.

Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ignaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGenRigger View Post
    Ever heard The Black Crowes playing Led Zeppelin songs with Jimmy Page as a guest guitarist? The album that was released is from a concert (Live At The Greek). The album is amazing...I prefer the versions of "Nobody's Fault But Mine" and "Heartbreaker" to the Led Zeppelin originals.

I prefer the originals but as long as Jimmy Page is the guitarist it can't be bad

I know a couple guys that don't use expensive knives (Or other tools) because they find a way to break EVERYTHING. There's always one.

Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Metal ukulele

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Wow...mad leet Ukulele skills haha.

-> Branden

This guy needs to be in a band...I need entire albums like this

~David

That guy is definitely talented...that's heavier than what I typically enjoy listening to though. This is about as heavy as I listen to the majority of the time.

"In 100 years there will be no emo music, in 100 years there will be no screamo music. But in 1000 years...THERE...WILL...BE...POLKA!"

-> Branden

Haven't listened to Kula Shaker for a while...any Kula Shaker fans on here?

-> Branden

Can't say I listen to Polka, but I do have a really wide variety of tastes, though I definitely favor the heavy stuff. Depending on my mood, it could be...

~David

Or it could be this...

~David

I can even get down on this...

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    That's a diverse array David!
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

How about some Medeski Martin and Wood? I first heard of these guys 10 years ago from a friend of mine who's a pretty awesome drummer.

-> Branden

Oh, and of the three previous songs you posted this is by FAR my favourite. Never heard of these guys but I'm definitely going to be looking for some more of their songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    I can even get down on this...

-> Branden

Damn...now you've done it...I already have two of their albums downloaded haha. Have you ever listened to Galactic?

-> Branden

Anyone who doesn't know who Squirrel Nut Zippers is might have heard their one and only hit song, Hell. Either way I've only ever listened to this one album (Hot), and I love it. Their hit song got me interested and the rest of the album sucked me in. When I was younger I was a big Brian Setzer/sing/big band fan and this has some of that flair.

~David

I've also got a thing for trumpet and this gal's voice, among other things lol

~David

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    That's a diverse array David!
    Yeah lol. 90% of the time I'm listening to the cookie monster headbanger stuff, but over the years I've grown to appreciate other music genres for various reasons. I was raised on classic rock and even some older Motown era stuff, but then I grew up in the '80s and have two older brothers who were teens in the '80s and force fed me a healthy dose of '80s metal. Then my best friend growing up was into rap/bass so I got a lot of that too and today I can listen to 50 Cent/Eminem/etc just as easily. For me music is about tempo and rhythm and timing signatures..I probably pay more attention to how music is written and played and how technical it is than most casual listeners, and my experience is that heavy music is often extremely technical stuff so it grabs my attention. Most of the time in bands like Oceano, the vocals are almost like an added instrument in the band. Once you break your mind away from needing to hear a "singer" or if you're like me and you pay more attention to the music anyway, it gets a lot easier to tolerate lol. Plus after so many years I can actually understand 99% of what those vocalists are saying. There's technique in how they sing and emphasize syllables to flow with the music, so once you pick up on that it's a lot more legible.

~David

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGenRigger View Post
    Damn...now you've done it...I already have two of their albums downloaded haha. Have you ever listened to Galactic?
    No never heard them but the distorted bass immediately made me think of Death From Above 1979, which were/are a 2 piece band from Canada (yeah only 2 members). One of them plays distorted bass and the other drums and sings. The bass is played pretty feverishly and it can sound a little abrasive at times but I love how much energy they generate with just a bass and drums.

~David

~David