Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Spyderco Kitchen Knife Collection

Spyderco Forum Registered User Mr Blonde's Avatar
    That is a very impressive collection. The Chaliff is a rare sight!

Last update: 03-21-2014 - WTC 2507 - Twitter

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Post Bread Knife

Quote Originally Posted by chukhatrok View Post
    After much time (about 6 months), work (late night eBay purchases) and of course money (don't even want to add it up), I have a nearly complete Spyderco Kitchen knife set. If I could just get that serrated bread knife my work will be complete. Picked up a few extra utility knives along the way that I have put away to sell at some point in the future.

These replaced our wedding gift knife set from 11 years ago. I was so paranoid when we had a house sitter in August that I had made a note and posted it on the knife block "Under penalty of DEATH, hand wash these knive ONLY, DO NOT place in dishwasher for any reason. "

Although I spent more than I would like to know or admit, it was well worth it these knives hold their edge, sharpen quickly, and look just awesome.

Have you ever found a bread knife?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    very nice! i cant wait for spyderco to start releasing more kitchen knives
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Manix 2 LW, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by jgmett View Post
    Have you ever found a bread knife?
    Yes I did, see my August 18 post when I also got the serrated chefs K03 and serrated cooks K02 knives. Actually got a second one in their too a gave to my dad. Since then I got a K04 utility knife based on on Tonydahose's comment and sent it to the SFO and had it reprofiled to a plain edge. Thanks for putting up with me Charlynn!!!

Then my latest acquisition is not even 12 hours past auction end as I write this and do not yet have the knife, but for those of you that saw it on eBay I was the winner of the serrated K06/K07 fillet/boning knife auction that ended last night.

Now I am keeping my eye open for the K05 small utility knife so I can reprofile to a plain edge. Then I will be done. I will post a new picture after the serrated fillet/boning knife arrives.

2 more to the collection

As promised a few days ago here are the pics of the newest additions to the Kitchen Knife collection.

First up is the K04 Utility knife I had reprofiled thanks to the fine folks at the SFO and to Tonydahose for mentioning this was possible as he had done it.

Then here is the eBay win of a K06 Serrated Filet
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chukhatrok; 12-28-2012 at 12:15 PM.

I just banged my head against the keyboard when I was bowing down to the greatness I've just seen. Thats one heck of a collection Chuck! WOW
    ...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...

Spyderco Forum Registered User IG-88's Avatar
    Nice to see them all together in one pic! Sweet collection congrats
    Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE

It has been a while but I have added even more to my collection.

Now with Spyderco resuming selling Kitchen Knives I have already purchased 2 of the new ones. I will say I like the new handle material much better.

On to the picture, hear is my full collection of classic Spyderco Kitchen knives in the MBS-26 steel.

Attached Images Attached Images