Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Spyderco Kitchen Knife Collection

Spyderco Forum Registered User Mr Blonde's Avatar
    That is a very impressive collection. The Chaliff is a rare sight!

Last update: 03-21-2014 - WTC 2507 - Twitter

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Post Bread Knife

Quote Originally Posted by chukhatrok View Post
    After much time (about 6 months), work (late night eBay purchases) and of course money (don't even want to add it up), I have a nearly complete Spyderco Kitchen knife set. If I could just get that serrated bread knife my work will be complete. Picked up a few extra utility knives along the way that I have put away to sell at some point in the future.

These replaced our wedding gift knife set from 11 years ago. I was so paranoid when we had a house sitter in August that I had made a note and posted it on the knife block "Under penalty of DEATH, hand wash these knive ONLY, DO NOT place in dishwasher for any reason. "

Although I spent more than I would like to know or admit, it was well worth it these knives hold their edge, sharpen quickly, and look just awesome.

Have you ever found a bread knife?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    very nice! i cant wait for spyderco to start releasing more kitchen knives
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by jgmett View Post
    Have you ever found a bread knife?
    Yes I did, see my August 18 post when I also got the serrated chefs K03 and serrated cooks K02 knives. Actually got a second one in their too a gave to my dad. Since then I got a K04 utility knife based on on Tonydahose's comment and sent it to the SFO and had it reprofiled to a plain edge. Thanks for putting up with me Charlynn!!!

Then my latest acquisition is not even 12 hours past auction end as I write this and do not yet have the knife, but for those of you that saw it on eBay I was the winner of the serrated K06/K07 fillet/boning knife auction that ended last night.

Now I am keeping my eye open for the K05 small utility knife so I can reprofile to a plain edge. Then I will be done. I will post a new picture after the serrated fillet/boning knife arrives.

2 more to the collection

As promised a few days ago here are the pics of the newest additions to the Kitchen Knife collection.

First up is the K04 Utility knife I had reprofiled thanks to the fine folks at the SFO and to Tonydahose for mentioning this was possible as he had done it.

Then here is the eBay win of a K06 Serrated Filet
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chukhatrok; 12-28-2012 at 12:15 PM.

I just banged my head against the keyboard when I was bowing down to the greatness I've just seen. Thats one heck of a collection Chuck! WOW
    ...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...

Spyderco Forum Registered User IG-88's Avatar
    Nice to see them all together in one pic! Sweet collection congrats
    Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE

It has been a while but I have added even more to my collection.

Now with Spyderco resuming selling Kitchen Knives I have already purchased 2 of the new ones. I will say I like the new handle material much better.

On to the picture, hear is my full collection of classic Spyderco Kitchen knives in the MBS-26 steel.

Attached Images Attached Images