Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Spyderco Kitchen Knife Collection

Hybrid View

Spyderco Forum Registered User

My Spyderco Kitchen Knife Collection

After much time (about 6 months), work (late night eBay purchases) and of course money (don't even want to add it up), I have a nearly complete Spyderco Kitchen knife set. If I could just get that serrated bread knife my work will be complete. Picked up a few extra utility knives along the way that I have put away to sell at some point in the future.

These replaced our wedding gift knife set from 11 years ago. I was so paranoid when we had a house sitter in August that I had made a note and posted it on the knife block "Under penalty of DEATH, hand wash these knive ONLY, DO NOT place in dishwasher for any reason. "

Although I spent more than I would like to know or admit, it was well worth it these knives hold their edge, sharpen quickly, and look just awesome.

Last edited by chukhatrok; 10-02-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User rycen's Avatar
    I admire you tenacity.
    We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User SQSAR's Avatar
    I regret not getting any Spyderco kitchen knives when they were in production and more readily available.

Spyderco Forum Registered User tonydahose's Avatar
    nice collection, enjoy using them.
    WTC #1444 Always Remember
    Need info on a particular , just click here
    My knives
    Spydie count: a few

Spyderco Forum Registered User DrChimRichalds's Avatar
    Very, very nice. I was watching an auction for a mint Spyderco Santoku on eBay the other month. Went for big bucks. That was the first kitchen knife I've seen on there in a while, I can't even imagine the trouble you had to go through to get your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by DrChimRichalds View Post
    Very, very nice. I was watching an auction for a mint Spyderco Santoku on eBay the other month. Went for big bucks. That was the first kitchen knife I've seen on there in a while, I can't even imagine the trouble you had to go through to get your collection.
    I was watching that one too, that went for about 2.5X what I spent for my brand new Santoku back in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinetreebbs View Post
    It would be great if Spyderco was able to make another line of kitchen knives.
    I was at the SFO asking about the kitchen knives and hoping that there was some secret stash of bread knives that only knowledgeable customers could get access too. I know wishful thinking... anyway Mike said they are working on a kitchen set but want to make sure that production meets the quality that we all love from our Spydies. They did have a large utility knife (6.5" inch blade) in the sharpening demonstration area. But since I already had 2 of those, so I did not even ask.
    Last edited by chukhatrok; 10-03-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pinetreebbs's Avatar
    chukhatrok, nice collection!

DrChimRichalds I think I was watching the same auction. It would be great if Spyderco was able to make another line of kitchen knives.
    Have you joined Knife Rights yet? Go to: www.KnifeRights.org
    Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    WOW, just wow
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Southard- Resilience
    Others- Shirogorov Hati - Strider SnG DGG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer- Curtiss Nano- Strider SMF Lego- Curtiss F3 3.5"
    Inbound: Zero Tolerance 0777 (thanks USPS for losing it )

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Great job. I admire your dedication. Thank you for sharing.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Spyderco Forum Registered User Qcrazy's Avatar
    chukhatrok, Very nice collection. I don't see a Vagabond in your collection. How would you classify that knife? Kitchen/picnic/utility/oddity, since it doesn't slide into a knife block?

Nice collection Chukhatrok, I also, don't add up the money that I spend on knives. I know that it is quite a bit, but there is no need in proving it.

Spyderco Forum Registered User ChapmanPreferred's Avatar
    Good effort on the collection. Some really nice pieces.
    SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
    Work EDC List
    FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
    FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
    BRP: CF Military S90V
    BLP: Forum S110V Native

nice collection

just scored a yang knife my first spyderco kitchen knife
    very sharp nice and light
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mally; 10-21-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: added pix

...and just when I thought I was complete. Thanks to Aaron in Texas I was able to now complete my MBS-26 Kitchen knife collection. Was able to pick up the bread knife, serrated cooks, serrated chefs and the flex bone, for those wondering when you have the flex bone and the fillet knife it is easy to tell the difference in the flexing of the blade.

So what we have pictured is: (not in the order of the image)
    K01 Serrated Bread Knife
    K02 Cooks knife
    K02 Serrated Cooks Knife
    K03 Chefs Knife
    K03 Serrated Chefs Knife
    K04 Serrated Utility Knife
    K05 Serrated small Utility Knife
    K06 Fillet Knife
    K07 Flex Bone Knife
    K08 Santoku
    K09 Paring Knife
    K09 Serrated Paring Knife
    and
    K10 Serrated Challif Butchering Knife

Sorry, not really, to any of you out there that I outbid on since February 2011, but I became very determined to get a complete set after getting my first one and loved it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chukhatrok; 08-18-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: typo

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Amazing collection friend .
    Blake

it is a very nice collection, i almost feel bad letting you know that there are a few more out there. there was a K05 in mbs26 in plain edge made. now i am sure you already know about the yin/yang and the sashimi. Also when i was collecting the kitchen knives i found out that there were a set of steel bolstered kitchen knives made by spyderco, i forgot the steel though. i was offered a gyuto for like $300 but i turned it down and bought a Masamoto for less.

edit: you probably know this as well but there were some red K05s and pink and purple Santokus made as well.
    My knives

Quote Originally Posted by tonydahose View Post
    it is a very nice collection, i almost feel bad letting you know that there are a few more out there. there was a K05 in mbs26 in plain edge made. now i am sure you already know about the yin/yang and the sashimi. Also when i was collecting the kitchen knives i found out that there were a set of steel bolstered kitchen knives made by spyderco, i forgot the steel though. i was offered a gyuto for like $300 but i turned it down and bought a Masamoto for less.

edit: you probably know this as well but there were some red K05s and pink and purple Santokus made as well.
    Actually I was staring to suspect that there was plain edges for K05 and K04. I do know about the Yin/Yang and Sashimi as well, but consider those on a different scale. I was trying to get MBS-26 with the Sermollen handles as a complete set, now I do, well almost

Heck in my pursuits for these I even picked up the MBS steel Catcherman for $40 at a knife show this past spring.

I had blue and red handle K05's and K04's but sold them as well my slight OCD bothered not having all black. The little pink handled paring I justify in my mind as It is easy for me to tell the difference between the serrated and plain edged.

Paul has been looking for a K05pe for a long time. I gave him a used K05 that was pretty beat up that i won in a group auction of spydie kitchen knives. it looked like crap IMO so searched and won a new serrated on ebay and sent it to Golden for them to grind off the serrations and make it into a plain edge.

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showt...highlight=tony
    My knives

Spyderco Forum Registered User GTPowers's Avatar
    Nice collection, beautiful patina!

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    Nice collection, chukhatrok! I bought five or six of these knives back when they were available. Due to attrition, I'm down to my Santoku and the Paring knife. Both of these have been real troopers and are among my favorite Spydies...

TedP