Thread: New Smallfly for sale at KC

Spyderco Forum Registered User captnvegtble's Avatar

New Smallfly for sale at KC

This is interesting. I thought these were being phased out due to restrictions on selling spyderco ballisongs. Anybody know anything about this or have a perspective on the Smallfly?

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Knew there was a dealer exclusive in the works, but though that one was blue, so this may be something else. Beyond that, nothing except that the SmallFly is a neat little knife.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User J32A2's Avatar
    Just ordered one from bladehq. They are foliage green, these came out of no where!

Spyderco Forum Registered User captnvegtble's Avatar
    They're also selling them at Howe's

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I'm confused...Why aren't these in the catalog? The autos are! Also, I just found a " spyderfly" ( 3" blade 154cm), black G-10 over ss, on another site. Spydiewicki lists spyderflys with 4" blades. Is this a real Spydie? spyderfly or a smallfly? I did just buy a green smallfly

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steeldust View Post
    I'm confused...Why aren't these in the catalog? The autos are! Also, I just found a " spyderfly" ( 3" blade 154cm), black G-10 over ss, on another site. Spydiewicki lists spyderflys with 4" blades. Is this a real Spydie? spyderfly or a smallfly? I did just buy a green smallfly
    They could be a distributor exclusive, none of which get cataloged, or it could just be a case of nobody putting the page up yet.

As for the 3" SpyderFly, it's either a mistake (wrong name) or a fake. Which is more likely would depend on who the dealer is.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

I ordered one from GPKnives and then cancelled it after looking at my state laws. As far as I can interpret the law, it seems that a balisong is illegal to even own in Texas. I knew I couldn't carry one, but I thought I could own one at home. I guess not. Just not worth it to me to mess with.

Spyderco Forum Registered User jtoler_9's Avatar
    I have wanted one of these for a long time. But like Grimace, I can't even own one. not worth the trouble. But still makes me SAD.

Spyderco Forum Registered User J32A2's Avatar
    Got mine today!! Sweet little bali-song. I'm fairly new to bali's, this being my 1st Spydie-fly. Really solid!

This is legitimate, it is an exclusive through a Distributor.
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    That's good to know, Kristi. I assumed that they were legit because I trust several of the dealers who were carrying them.

To be honest, I love playing with balis, but since I can't carry it around, I only need one in my collection. Probably 20 years ago I bought a Benchmade 42 when they came out and have played with it off-and-on ever since, so this fits my bill.

Plus, I have my bali pen to fiddle with!

TedP
    Worry less - Breathe more...

My trusted companion, a Spyderco Solo SoO1PS, black micarta, Peter Atwood Lanslide, capped off with a diamond knot.
    Spydie Fanatic #185

Thanks TazKristi! I knew it was real ( the green one ) when I took it out of the box and saw the awesome fit and finish. Really,it kind of took my breath away.....I want a blue one too!

New smallfly in Digi Camo @ Blade HQ. Ordered one. I guess the blue one had glitches!

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3Speedyfish3's Avatar
    Nooo! The blue one is coming! I can feel it!

Randall