Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USN Catcherman - EXCLUSIVE

USN Catcherman - EXCLUSIVE

The USN Catcherman is now available on Spyderco.com.
    Last edited by dapagco; 08-29-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User DCDesigns's Avatar
    FRN molded clip? I thought they'd learned their lessons with that one...

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Seems a bit steep on the price for me. For who ever is buying it, have fun with it. Looks like a cool knife.

Spyderco Forum Registered User toomzz's Avatar
    Cool, but not my piece of pannekoek...
    Even in times of peace a gentleman still keeps a sword by his side

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDesigns View Post
    FRN molded clip? I thought they'd learned their lessons with that one...
    The Catcherman was never available with anything but the molded clip. Since this is just a short 600 piece sprint run, it would be insanely expensive on a per knife basis to create a new FRN mold (a $50k mold would add just over $83 to the cost of each knife, making it way too expensive). I'm sure if Spyderco had intended on producing this knife again as a regular production piece, they would have taken the lesson they learned and applied it.

Quote Originally Posted by .357 mag View Post
    Seems a bit steep on the price for me. For who ever is buying it, have fun with it. Looks like a cool knife.
    It may seem a bit expensive since you'd be paying full MSRP on it and not the discounted dealer price many are used to, but also keep in mind the size of that chunk of H1 in there, which isn't a cheap steel. Also, if a member of the USN (whom this knife was re-released for), then you get a nice discount that brings the price more in line with typical dealer discounted rates.
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: MT19 PSF27 Mule, Des Horn, Dialex Junior

Spyderco Forum Registered User TBob's Avatar
    Blade thickness and hole diameter are missing from the product page.

The price doesn't seem out of line at all for an H1 black blade of that size. Looks pretty reasonable to me, especially for a limited sprint run.
    : Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189 (EDC), Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Southard Black Blade, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. Spydie Fanatic #179

Quote Originally Posted by jabba359 View Post

It may seem a bit expensive since you'd be paying full MSRP on it and not the discounted dealer price many are used to, but also keep in mind the size of that chunk of H1 in there, which isn't a cheap steel. Also, if a member of the USN (whom this knife was re-released for), then you get a nice discount that brings the price more in line with typical dealer discounted rates.
    I understand completely. Didn't know about the discount.

Quote Originally Posted by TBob View Post
    The price doesn't seem out of line at all for an H1 black blade of that size. Looks pretty reasonable to me, especially for a limited sprint run.
    I didn't say it was out off line just out of my League.

Spyderco Forum Registered User BDNX's Avatar
    Looks awesome...would be nice for a new production model...
    -Scott

-The Cult Of The Curved Ones - C.O.T.C.O.

- got salt?

My Spydies: Sharpmaker Tasman Salt Saver Salt Spyderhawk Salt Pacific Salt Black Blade Ladybug Hawkbill Salt Ladybug Salt Dragonfly Salt Salt 1 CF Balance Meerkat Sprint Harpy Squeak Manix 2 Ltwt Pingo Ladybug ZDP-189 Blue UKPK Manbug Tusk

Spyderco Forum Registered User TBob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .357 mag View Post
    I didn't say it was out off line just out of my League.
    Sorry, I misunderstood! Carry on...
    : Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189 (EDC), Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Southard Black Blade, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. Spydie Fanatic #179

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    I had an answer all typed out and then saw Jabba got it already...what he wrote!

It is a wicked cool knife. I don't fish though and as an EDC carry I need more than a chicks-dig-it factor.

Quote Originally Posted by gac View Post
    I don't fish though and as an EDC carry I need more than a chicks-dig-it factor.
    Dudes-dig-it as well...though somehow I don't think that's the additional factor you were really looking for...
    -Kyle

I'm not selling my 2...ever. I may give one away to my brother though. It will be used with pride as its meant for.

Quote Originally Posted by TBob View Post
    Blade thickness and hole diameter are missing from the product page.

Honestly, with the size of the H1 blade, I was def expecting it to me more.

Quote Originally Posted by jabba359 View Post
    Dudes-dig-it as well...though somehow I don't think that's the additional factor you were really looking for...
    Well, let's face the facts. How many chicks give a dang about knives anyway? A gay guy with a cool knife would have a better chance at impressing a romantic interest than a straight guy ever could.

I swear the blade shape is slightly different to the original Catcherman. Very glad they retained the FRN clip.
    If its a re release it should be faithful in its details.

Otherwise they would be pulling a "George Lucas".

Ive been trying to register on USN for months now without success. I know this is a long shot, but could someone PM me the discount code?

Quote Originally Posted by Armalite Native View Post
    Otherwise they would be pulling a "George Lucas".
    Except for Spyderco loves their customers and each change makes their products better while G-Luc hates the fans and does his best to make his product worse and worse.

Han shot first!
    -Kyle

The two item max on this knife has been lifted.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xavierdoc's Avatar
    I really want one of these but can't risk it because Spyderco.com ships USPS to the UK. Despite being legal over here, almost any Spydie folder is at risk of being confiscated by customs (with no viable appeal process).

If only Fedex or UPS were an option...

sigh
    UKPK G10, UKPK Ti, Para 2CF&20CP, Stretch CF, Stretch CF conv, Manix2 M4,Endura Wave, Endura ZDP189, Pacific Salt, Captain, Gunting S30v, P'Kal, Gayle Bradley,Atlantic Salt, Spyderhawk, Crossbill, Wings slipit
    Mules: CTSBD1, Super Blue, S90V, VG10, S35VN, Cos-3, M390 Fixed: Bushcraft, Warrior