Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I thinking fake

Spyderco Forum Registered User ChrisR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MachSchnell View Post
    Well, in the case of this example, if the other side had clip cutouts it would be even harder to identify it as a fake. It obviously has people fooled. They even etched Sal's logo on the blade... jackass counterfeiters.
    There are other differences that are less easy to pick up in promo photos or adverts but they are there if you look hard enough. But generally speaking the fakers aren't dumb so there must have been a commercial reason why they didn't cut out slots on the other side. Also, knives are made in batches so it could be that they made 1000s of these fake UKPKs years ago and haven't bothered making any more since. It isn't really a very good knife to fake ... if they wanted a more commercial fake they could have done a Delica clone.
    My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by MachSchnell View Post
    Well, in the case of this example, if the other side had clip cutouts it would be even harder to identify it as a fake. It obviously has people fooled. They even etched Sal's logo on the blade... jackass counterfeiters.
    Yea, notice how the right end of the L in the fake touches the far right end of the A shape. It isn't supposed to. Adding Sal's logo makes it even worse.

Also there are no spaces in between the words Golden and Colorado and also between U.S.A. and Earth.
    Last edited by BAL; 01-25-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User rycen's Avatar
    We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User DrChimRichalds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rycen View Post
    I posted on your thread about this knock-off on blade forums too. Just exchanged a few messages with the seller...

First response after I messaged him claiming the black "Pen Knife" was a fake...a good fake nevertheless, but still fake:
    THANKS FOR INFO, BUT THE BLACK ONE IS NOT FAKE! I TOOK THE BLACK SPYDERCO TO PLAZA CUTLERY IN ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS A AUTHENIC SPYDERCO PEN KNIFE. I CAN'T GO WRONG THERE, MY FRIEND. LATER GATOR!!

My response:
    You're dead wrong. The black knife does not have the clip grooves on the other side of the scales for left-hand carry. Look up any other pen knife and you will find grooves for the pocket clip on each side. Each one of your Maroon pen knives has these grooves because they are authentic. The black one does not have these because it is not authentic. Furthermore, the fact it doesn't have a box or paperwork should reinforce the knife's lack of authenticity. I'd suggest modifying your information.

Seller's second retort:
    YES, I NOW SEE THAT, YOU ARE RIGHT. THANKS FOR THE INFO, I WILL POST ON MY DISCRIPTION.

And another

Item #110832532251
    We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal

GAH I was trauling the local aution site the other night, and came across this: "SPYDERCO HOLE KNIFE"

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hunt...-451391015.htm

I didn't think much of it at first, but it instantly screamed fake, no model number, and is selling for about half the price of a ladybug goes for over here...

If anyone can confirm I will do further investigations and go about reporting them.

That is also a fake

sal

It's the standard, and very poor-quality, fake UKPK - as someone has said in the comments. The seller seems to think that if he says it is made by a factory that once did OEM work for Spyderco then that gives him the rights to sell a blatant fake ... he needs educating on the law. I was going to reply in his thread (he has other fakes too) but I don't want to register on the site.

If anyone here is a member please report it as a fake and point the seller to this forum if he is really interested in not selling fakes.
    My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades

Yeah I initially asked him for the model number, he has now uploaded close up photos showing the horrid quality, and is now claiming CPMS30V is the model number! I think he is just really ignorant but I have reported the listing for breach of copyright / fake goods.

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    I reported that to the trademe team 4 days ago, no reply :/. He has also blatantly lied to me too (jellabie)
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Tuff- Southard- Caly 3.5 Superblue- Dragonfly H1 SE- Resilience
    Others- Dalibor Sirius- Strider SnG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer
    Inbound: Curtiss Nano- Zero Tolerance 0777

Spyderco Forum Registered User jezabel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
    I reported that to the trademe team 4 days ago, no reply :/. He has also blatantly lied to me too (jellabie)
    Keep it up!
    I've religiously reported the fakes on TM, about 50% of time the listing gets removed. Not so long ago there was one idiot peddling fake BM42's and Microtech's, once TM was informed that auto's were actually illegal in NZ, the listings were quickly removed.... occasionally they even email you back and thank you!

J
    C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C41BKPS, C52BKP, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C83BM, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hunt...-452764241.htm

MORE on trademe, trademe is usually very clean. same seller too
    Last edited by razorsharp; 02-28-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Tuff- Southard- Caly 3.5 Superblue- Dragonfly H1 SE- Resilience
    Others- Dalibor Sirius- Strider SnG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer
    Inbound: Curtiss Nano- Zero Tolerance 0777

Quote Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hunt...-452764241.htm

MORE on trademe, trademe is usually very clean. same seller too
    Spyderman, really!!
    Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Sithus1966's Avatar
    Same pictures on a ebay listing with the name washed out with photoshop.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-No-brand...ht_3134wt_1344

Quote Originally Posted by w3tnz View Post
    GAH I was trauling the local aution site the other night, and came across this: "SPYDERCO HOLE KNIFE"

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hunt...-451391015.htm

I didn't think much of it at first, but it instantly screamed fake, no model number, and is selling for about half the price of a ladybug goes for over here...

If anyone can confirm I will do further investigations and go about reporting them.
    C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.

sal

sal

sal

sal

he takes it down and puts it right back up

again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-CMP...#ht_500wt_1282

sal

Reported - a clear Chinese fake.