Thread: Para-Military2 Gray G-10 - SPRINT

Para-Military2 Gray G-10 - SPRINT

The Spyderco Para-Military2 Gray Sprint Run with a G-10 handle and CTS-20CP steel is now available.

Check out the C81GGY20CP2 Para-Military2 Sprint here.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    How many paras were made, 1200 pcs?
    And how many HRc it has?
    Last edited by zvir; 07-05-2011 at 06:13 AM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User liltemp1's Avatar
    \,,/ I love the knife \,,/ Para is a great knife to edc.
    I'd rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

Picture makes it look like a dark charcoal gray on my screen. In the hand it looks like a very light gray.

Does the Para2 use a bushing? *Edit:* the answer is yes.
    Last edited by Cave Dave; 07-10-2011 at 02:11 PM.

I wish that it was a charcoal grey...thats a great colour!
    On the hunt for...

Spyderco Forum Registered User buddy54ck's Avatar

"great slicer,fun to play with, addictive !!!"

I wish the Grey G-10 didn't attract dirt like a magnet, but this knife is a HOMERUN !
    Sorry to anyone who couldn't get one, It was definately worth the wait, Like The Lum Sprint.
    Thanks Spyderco,
    Charlie

PS, These will probably be hard to find in the secondary market, because, although I bought it for the collection, just like others, it is way to nice as an EDC, to let sit in a box. "
    "GREAT SLICER,FUN TO PLAY WITH, ADDICTIVE !!!"
    PPSS
    THANK YOU SPYDERCO AND TOM BERRY

I agree the knife is fantastic, fun to play with and addictive. It's really the only folder I need.

I don't find the way the handle shows dirt to be a problem at all. It's super easy to clean. Especially with a product called, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, available at stores like Walmart etc., (it's made in Germany, however). Anyway, it cleans up the Gray G10 to look like new in just a few seconds. It really is almost like "magic." Otherwise, a little soap and water and scrubbing every week or two will also keep it looking pretty nice. So I don't see it as a problem, unless you are using your knife to mix up tar or cement. In that case, it wouldn't matter what color it was.
    Peter - My 's:
    Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).

Bummer to have missed this one, and they are all but gone. Any chance there will be more shipments of these going out, or perhaps something very similar coming up? Seems like this combo was a really big hit...

Howe's just had a shipment of them a few days ago. Of course they sold out very quickly, but it indicates that a few more may still trickle out. But you have to be lucky to catch them as they seem to always sell out rather quickly if they are priced below $200.

I would say the best chance of getting one at a decent price would be to get on as many dealer email notification lists of when the model is in stock as possible. I got one this way at Warriors and Wonders, a Canadian dealer that ships to the US. If you can respond quickly once the email is sent out, you probably will be able to get one.

But who knows how much longer or how many remain to be released. It could be over already.

On the other hand, there is also the M390 blue G10 dealer exclusive pre-order at Bento Box Shop that is still available. That one is supposed to be released some time next spring. M390 is also a really great steel. I've pre-ordered one of those although I'm not crazy about blue scales. But I do like the idea of Para 2's in M390.
    Peter - My 's:
    Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).

M390 seems very nice, but I've got enough foreign steel, would be great to see more USA Made high end steels available. Plus the fact that 20CP is a good bit cheaper than S90V, and performs at least as well from what I hear, it would seem to have enormous potential. The more quality USA products we can tap into, the better it is for our own economy, especially right now in these times of recession.