Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The hands down best multi tool ever made?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Simple Man's Avatar
    Well, thanks to all of you, my backup now has a backup....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...253D&viewitem=
    Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Wow that's a great price, congrats

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Thumbs up

I love using a combo of the Skeletool and also the PC250MTK around the house! I have had the Porter-Cable oscillating multi-tool for a while now. I decided to buy this because I had used a friend's high-dollar name brand multi-tool and really liked it, but I couldn't see paying triple the price for the big name. I have used this every day for many different things including cabinet and deck work. The "no tool" blade change is great and time saving. The 10-foot cord is a good length. Overall, it's very comparable to the Big Name Brand. The only downside is that the blades are a bit pricey and don't last very long.
    Stay Sharp

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    Just like there is no perfect knife, I doubt if there is one perfect multi-too. But, I have a SOG PowerLock which I have swapped some of the individual tools and also a Spyderco SpydeRench (discontinued). By having both of these on my belt I have almost every small tool need covered. Many times you need two tools and need to use them at the same time. With one multi-tool this is impossible (except for the Spyderco SpydeRench). The SpydeRench can be seperated to use a screwdriver and adj. wrench at the same time. This is a great feature. Anyway, with two multitools you can have most everything except a table saw. I love most of SOG's MT's because you can remove the scissors and put in a wire stripper (or whatevery you need). And Spyderco's MT is a great tool. Everyone should keep their eyes out for a used one for sale.

Jack

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    My favorite is the Leatherman Charge. I thought I would like the Skeletool for EDC but I have too many good folders to displace one of them with the Skeletool. I bought the Charge thinking I might carry it in my pocket while I was carrying a folder but sometimes it is too much. I do carry the Charge sometimes on weekends in addition to a big folder.