Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Video Games?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jeremy_A_Neel's Avatar
    I play varieties of games on different consoles (N64, Wii, PS2, Xbox 360, pc). I just recently bought Just Cause 2 on Steam and have been playing that for about 2 weeks now. Sandbox games and games with extremely large open worlds, where basically, if you see it on the horizon, you can walk there, are very fun to me (Incredible Hulk, Prototype, Crysis, Crackdown, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption). I mean, how can't you have fun tethering an enemy's car to the road during a car chase, or punching a Korean soldier through a corrugated steel hut? I'm also a fan of Borderlands, and am awaiting a copy of Borderlands 2 (that I got at the gearbox panel at PAX Prime 2011 ).

Spyderco Forum Registered User tonydahose's Avatar
    i just bought my lil guy ford vs chevy for xbox. i have the steering wheel and pedals....i was up till 1 last nite playing it..lol
    WTC #1444 Always Remember
    Need info on a particular , just click here
    My knives
    Spydie count: a few

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    I found some awesome Star Wars mods for Oblivion so I'm back playing that again.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Spent the better part of the night playing Borderlands 2, great game so far.

Spyderco Forum Registered User darkstar29's Avatar
    Borderlands2 came out yesterday. Great fun.
    I walk away slow tonight,
    and cut through the air
    with a curse, like a knife.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Want that game so bad!
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jeremy_A_Neel's Avatar
    I'm still waiting for my copy of Borderlands 2 to ship to my house... wtf I don't know if the shipping carrier or 2k is to blame, since it is a "free copy" that I redeemed by attending the panel, and it went through them rather than a normal paid transaction.

Spyderco Forum Registered User thog94's Avatar
    Took the day off of work so I could spend all day playing. Well worth the wait and I love the little tweaks that they put in. Need to start a new character so I can play co-op with my son. I think he was getting mad watching me play all afternoon and not getting a chance to touch the controller.

I am unshamedly a gamer grew up in the first console generation I have a ps3 ,Xbox super elite and the kids have theirs.
    In regards to hard drives being more powerful than software the ps3 has yet to use more than 1/3rd of its power so it should be interesting when it does .
    Recent games that are worth the time gears of war 3 Xbox , skyrim either console and am looking forward to resident evil 6 looks great via the demo.bk

I like RPG too and I play Assassin's Creed and Diablo 3 for most time!

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    The only video games I play these days are "Sega GT" for Dreamcast, "Scooby Doo: Night of 100 Frights" for Gamecube, and "Excitebike" for NES. Playing with my 4 year old on systems I used to play years ago.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User Officer Gigglez's Avatar
    Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.
    I game when time permits. used to do it quite often pre college years. I like shooters, RPGs, Etc. Splinter-Cell is easily my favorite game series. Probably put Max Payne behind that, and Mass Effect behind that.
    Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
    -Tenacious G-10, Combo edge
    -Tasman Salt, PE
    -Persistence Limited Edition Blue G-10, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -Delica 4, Grey FRN, Emerson Wave, PE
    -Karahawk collector's club #015, Custom Scales, Emerson Wave, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE
    -Byrd SS Crossbill, PE, Custom Engraved

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbelleh View Post
    The only video games I play these days are "Sega GT" for Dreamcast, "Scooby Doo: Night of 100 Frights" for Gamecube, and "Excitebike" for NES. Playing with my 4 year old on systems I used to play years ago.
    That's pretty sweet. My 4 year old is fair at Mario Kart, but I have not exposed him to "perfect dark" on 64 and "Soul Reaver" on PS. They were two of my favs. The only thing I play lately is some "SSX3" to relax on occasion. One of these days I will have to buy a new system, but for now I still own working versions of:

Nintendo
    Gameboy
    Super Nintendo
    N64
    PS One
    PS2
    xbox
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User dialex's Avatar

A blast from the past - SUPAPLEX!

Speaking of... I just found a lost treasure: the SUPAPLEX game which literally engulfed hours after hours of my time (not necessarily free) more than 20 years ago...

Here's the link where you can play it online: http://www.games.fm/supaplex-remake.html
    The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dialex View Post
    Speaking of... I just found a lost treasure: the SUPAPLEX game which literally engulfed hours after hours of my time (not necessarily free) more than 20 years ago...

Here's the link where you can play it online: http://www.games.fm/supaplex-remake.html
    Thanks Alex, 3 hours of my life I will not get back. Love these mind type games.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User chuckd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    I think Blizzard is just sucking people dry with these subscriptions. It should be like Diablo 2 was back in the day. If Diablo 3 comes out and it isn't free online play i'm going to boycott Blizzard. Star Craft and D2 were my first PC games and they got me hooked from the start. I still haven't played Star Craft 2 yet.
    Starcraft2 isnt a pay to play, and it is an awesome game. I think they did a really good job with it, and continue to. I played the original starcraft, and still have it but the SC2 gameplay is excellent. That is the only game I have played from blizzard though.
    My collection:
    Ladybug2, Rescue 79mm, Salt1 edge, Meerkat Droppoint, Mariner, Kiwi jigbone, Kopa Blackquince, UK pk PE, Embassy PE, Schempp Tuff, Vallotton Sub-Hilt, Schempp Rock, Manix 2 XL, Tenacious, Byrd Finch, Techno, Puukko, Cricket SS PE, Military Digi-Camo, Tasman Salt, Delica Foliage Green, Breeden Rescue, Lionspy, Bushcraft, Kiwi3, Paramilitary2, Lum Tanto, Kopa MOP/Abalone, Southard, Endura Damascus Sprint, Meerkat Burgandy Sprint.

Spydernation #1990

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Are anybody playing Diablo3? Any good?
    I was big fan of original game. I played D2 as well, but never liked it as much as original.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Quote Originally Posted by bh49 View Post
    Are anybody playing Diablo3? Any good?
    I was big fan of original game. I played D2 as well, but never liked it as much as original.
    Played the crap out of it until the Auction House got to be like eBay and it got to the point you could only be competitive if you spent real money to buy gear. The good news is Blizzard sees the problem and in March they're shutting down the Auction House so it should get back to the good old days. I did get bored with the story line after about a dozen play throughs.

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User Syncharmony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    Played the crap out of it until the Auction House got to be like eBay and it got to the point you could only be competitive if you spent real money to buy gear. The good news is Blizzard sees the problem and in March they're shutting down the Auction House so it should get back to the good old days. I did get bored with the story line after about a dozen play throughs.
    The auction house was one of the worst ideas blizzard has ever had. It served to completely negate the whole point of the Diablo series, which is killing enemies for loot. Instead it was more about either farming gold or spending cash to get the gear you wanted, which is no better than a cell phone game. It also felt like there was entirely not enough content for the amount of time the game was in development. After a few playthroughs, it was already getting stale and there were zero options for exploration.

It was very disappointing since I have high expectations from Blizzard as a company and the game didn't have the same polish on it that I've come to expect from them. Hopefully the expansion rights the ship, but I just don't know if I'm interested enough to get back into it.
    Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester

I'm guilty of spending about $100 real money on gold for that game, which did build me a nasty Monk that blew threw Inferno with no problem, but yeah the idea did completely negate the point of the game. I think if you go to their website there's still a video talking about all of this and they say essentially the same thing.

I wouldn't even say the idea of an auction house is a bad thing, since it was a secure way to sell loot and it got your for sale gear out to the masses so you had a better chance to sell it, and it did make finding gear easier. The problem was that it boiled down to a perfect example of the rich get richer. The people who had the 300+ Magic Find and all the badass gear were the only ones finding any good loot, so they were the only ones with anything good to sell. By the time everything got up into the 20 billion price range, I logged out and haven't played it since. I do plan on getting the expansion though.

~David