Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Games?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I swore off video games about 4 years ago and sold off all my paraphenalia associated with them. Then last year I got a cell phone with Tetris on it. Thats about all I game with these days.
    Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
    Transcend the illusion.

Spyderco Forum Registered User dsmegst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar29 View Post
    Skyrim is a great game, dsmegst! Are you playing on the PC? While not completely immune to the bugs that plague the PS3 version, PC is the way to go.. If I wanted to give Beth more money, I'd buy it again for the PC.. But Beth can kiss my you-know-what. No more money from this guy until the PS3 version gets fixed.

As far as what to try next, I don't know..If you are strictly PC, I'd be no help as I game almost exclusively on PS3.. But, if you've been out of the loop for 10yrs, I suggest Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4, God of War I,II,III, All the Grand Theft Autos..especially San Andreas, Ratchet and Clank: Tools of destruction, Assassins Creed I and II, Borderlands, Devil May Cry I, III, and IV, ... God, man..you missed so many great games! I could list 20 more..but you get the picture..
    PS2 was my last console and I really don't count the Wii as a real gaming console. My 6 year old loves it though.

I'm playing Skyrim on a PC and it's been pretty good. A gamer colleague was nice enough to give me his "older" graphics card to help me out. The one I had was woefully underpowered for gaming and he got a gift Spydie from me.

Man, that's a pretty big list. I'm thinking about one of the first person shooter or wait for the next Diablo release. Skyrim is right up my alley so anything similar would be great. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look them up.
    Dan (dsmegst)

Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    If you haven't played Oblivion, give that a try too. It's the prequal to Skyrim.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Sequimite's Avatar
    When I worked at Citicorp I was heavily into gaming: naval miniatures, micro armor, medieval miniatures using combined Chainmail / D&D rules, Avalon Hill / SPI boardgames, ...

We played the Civilization boardgame long before it was a computer game.

We played games on the Citicorp mainframe and were excited by the emerging pre-IBM PC games.

Today I've advanced all the way to Warlords 3, HOMM 2 and Diablo 2. I actually just picked up Heroes of Might and Magic so it is monopolizing my time.
    Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
    - William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897

Spyderco Forum Registered User Rwb1500's Avatar
    I'm into a little of this and that. I'll admit it, I love Call of Duty. I pwn noobs...

I love Nintendo though, Zelda, Mario, etc. I still have my Nintendo 64.

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    If you haven't played Oblivion, give that a try too. It's the prequal to Skyrim.
    What about Morrowind? did anybody played or heard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequimite View Post
    Today I've advanced all the way to Warlords 3, HOMM 2 and Diablo 2. I actually just picked up Heroes of Might and Magic so it is monopolizing my time.
    I am really surprised see somebody (except me) still playing D2. I semi-retired from gaming. After addiction hit a home base, there is no money left for new computer, no time for games. Still once in a while playing D2 or Total war. I loved Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3, but was disappointed with #4. What is up to now days?:
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Spyderco Forum Registered User darkstar29's Avatar
    Yeah, bh49. Morrowind is a great game, as is Oblivion. I haven't played either one in years, though.
    I walk away slow tonight,
    and cut through the air
    with a curse, like a knife.

I just got Oblivion for the PS3, but I'm holding off on it until I play Morrowind. I figure Skyrim for the PS3 will be fixed (and cheaper) by then.

I've also wanted Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii for quite awhile. All you RPG fans with a Wii should get Xenoblade Chronicles. The game world is HUGE. In terms of size, it's like an offline MMORPG.

Not going to get into how much of a geek I am lol, but if anyone here plays BF3 on 360 feel free to add me, always looking for good squad mates, my gamertag is also w3tnz .

Spyderco Forum Registered User Gunslinger's Avatar
    I loved TES Oblivion, spent way to much time playing that one.
    I started playing it on the 360 and graduated to thd PC and
    Started modding with construction set. Now I play Skyrim wich
    Is awsome.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar

Guild Wars 2 launches this weekend for people who prepurchased it. It officially launches on the 28th.

Anyone else playing it? $59 with no subscription fee. I'll be on the Black Gate server likely with the witty name, "Blerv".
    Blake

Spyderco Forum Registered User dialex's Avatar
    Another gamer here. Not too much time left for gaming anymore, unfortunatley.
    One of my dearest games was - and still is - Dungeon Keeper. I still play it now and then and I think it stands up even to nowadays standards.
    Speaking of shooters, I was literally thrilled by STALKER (all those three versions available at a ridiculous price on Steam). It is a game like no other and I don't have words enough to praise it. And believe me, I played them all, from Wolfenstein and Doom to FarCry and Deus Ex. But STALKER... is different. But for God's sake, use the Complete mod made by Pavel Dolgov in conjunction with STALKER. It dramatically improves the game experience and fixes some bugs too.
    The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.

Spyderco Forum Registered User thog94's Avatar
    My hats off to anyone who plays games like WoW, Oblivion, etc. I couldn't even deal with Fallout. I have less than zero patience to walk around and talk to people only to find out that I need to go to a different town to talk to even more people to get the objective done. The only games that I've played like that have been the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic games for the Xbox. I need action right away so I either play shooters or any of the Lego games. There are a few others mixed in there as well since I have kids.

I've owned a console since my Atari 2600 since 78-79 and currently running a Xbox 360. The kids have a Wii in their rooms that I haven't touched in the longest time.

I'm a big fan of the COD franchise and own a PS3 just to play them when they come out. Other than that I haven't been hooked on games since Return to Castle Wolfenstein close to 15 years ago.
    ...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    I haven't played much of anything lately except Diablo 3. It has consumed all my gaming time. I'm in the process of procrastinating about building a new PC, or i would've already bought Skyrim...but i'm holding out and trying to focus on one game at a time to obsess over, and i really want a serious PC to max out the graphics on Skyrim. Games that beautiful just need to be enjoyed maxed out.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Skyrim is a great game, I got bored of it after I found the infinite xp glitch on 360 and was taking everything out with 1-2 bow shots tho. Have been getting back into Fallout New Vegas lately and jamming on some CS source every now and then. Battlefield 3 getting stale was eagerly awaiting black ops 2 but looks like they have turned that into MW3, looks like its all tech no skill
    Last edited by w3tnz; 08-25-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User darkstar29's Avatar
    After a break from gaming, I started playing KoA: Reckoning last week. I highly recommend it.
    I walk away slow tonight,
    and cut through the air
    with a curse, like a knife.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Thanks for the recommendations everyone

I spent most the weekend running around in GW2 and am really enjoying the experience.
    Blake

Spyderco Forum Registered User Gunslinger's Avatar
    I am addicted to Skyrim right now on the 360. Skyrim is finally playable for me because a lot (not all) of the glitches are patched. I will get the game on the pc just to check out the graphix but I prefer it on 360 because the console commands and contruction set mods are to tempting.

I am anxiously waiting to hear more about Fallout 5.

Hi friends i just want to say you that i like to play video games because this is very best way to kill your time and you are enjoiynig while playing this game i mostly like to play Need For Speed this is really very best game for play and i am playing this game with my friends b y have a networking in the computers....