Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Games?

Spyderco Forum Registered User IrishSpyder22's Avatar
    I play call of duty, mag ,resistence , and of course madden 11 on the ps3

Spyderco Forum Registered User D1omedes's Avatar
    Hey Blerv. Glad to see fellow gamers on here.

I am mainly a PS3 user. I love my God of War and Uncharted. I play Call of Duty, like everyone else, but may give that up for Killzone 3.

I love the Total War games for the PC but my home pc is too outdated for them now. I'm looking to getting back into them when I get a new tower. The only PC gaming I do currently is Magic The Gathering: Online. Probably the geekiest videogame I play.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    You all make me proud. I was afraid I was alone, lol.

Anyone looking forward to new releases?

I'm on eggshells for Uncharted 3 and Torchlight 2! Frankly I need to brush up on everything else in the pipeline...but a narrow focus is easier on the wallet.

Wish I could stay as tunnel-vison oriented with Spyderco. /blush
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Spyderco Forum Registered User ChrisM's Avatar
    I haven't played and video games since Sega and Super Nintendo. I didn't want my son to be stuck to video game all day like my nephews so we got him a DS to play usually during car rides. Then my brother in law got me a Xbox360 and Halo Reach for my birthday last November. Man these live/shooter games are so fun Halo and Call of Duty especially split screen or two Xbox two TV's lots of friends over. We get so loud and talk so much crap then the kids start getting mad because they weren't ready lol

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    I used to spend a lot of time with stratedy and RPGs: wacraft, diablos, baldur's gates, fallouts, total wars and many others. With absolutely favorite Elder Scrolls. But somehow 5-6 years ago lost interest.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

It's been about a year and oh how things have changed. Uncharted 3 is awesome as is Batman Arkham City.

On the MMO front Star Wars: The Old Republic was launched. Not sure it's quite as much of a thrill as everyone thought (I can't justify buying it but wanna try).

In bigger news Guild Wars 2 is confirmed for 2012. If all goes as planned ill be posting less...way less .

Anyone else plugging away at something fun?
    Blake

Spyderco Forum Registered User darkstar29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerv View Post
    I'm a HUGE fan of the online roleplaying kind. Started with Ultima Online during High School then on to Everquest for longer than I'd like to admit. Dabbled with Guild Wars and World of Warcraft (plus some free MMORPG's and shorter-played ones). Now I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2 more than the flying car!

I enjoyed some of the older shooters but the new ones aren't my cup of tea anymore (past about Golden Eye). Probably because I hate getting destroyed by sniper 12 year olds with mongoose reflexes . I will say the Uncharted games for PS3 are insane and I don't mind the shooter element as much.

Casual games are a kick. Mario and Zelda anything. Brawl Brothers, Mario Cart, etc.

Really anything fun or art driven makes me smile. My wife is an artist at a game company so the back-end of the games industry is very interesting.

Anyone else willing to admit to their video game enjoyment? It's ok to admit if you do. After all, if you can justify a collection of tactical knives as a paper pushing employee you argue for anything.
    Quite possibly the funniest(and most accurate) thing I've read all week

I've been a gamer my whole life. From the 8-bit NES up to the PS3 and 360..
    Back in college one of the frats we hung out at would have Mario Cart and Goldeneye tournies.. We'd rent a huge projector and go to town.. $10 buy-ins, double elimination, top 5 places paid out.. We usually had 30 or more participants.. Some of the best times I've ever had
    I was an absolute holy terror on Goldeneye, and it remains my favorite fps to this day. I don't care too much for the modern fps's.. They all seem the same.. But I still play Borderlands..I love the loots
    The online element in gaming is both a blessing and a curse.. You can meet some great people, but you'll always have a-holes trying to ruin everyone else's experience.
    Mostly the only games I play online are the TW series..I'm pretty gud And I still play Burnout: Paradise City online..IMO it's the best MP racing out there.

Otherwise, it's SP action/adventure for me.. Oh, and I loved Skyrim..even though it's a steamin pile of dung on the PS3 with all the frame-rate/lag issues.
    I'll stop now..I could discuss games for a loooonngg time
    I walk away slow tonight,
    and cut through the air
    with a curse, like a knife.

Spyderco Forum Registered User dsmegst's Avatar
    I've been away from games for about 10 years. Then one of my coworkers turned me on to Skyrim and I haven't been able to stay away. I'm amazed by how much things have progressed. I have no idea what to try next though.
    Dan (dsmegst)

Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I love to game. Started as a kid with a ColecoVision and I've owned just about every console system since. In college I made the jump over to PC with the likes of Doom, Quake and UT. Actually used to play in a few leagues for UT/IG. I was a lan party geek. Loved to play.

I've slowed down as kid/work/wife/life tends to cut into my gaming time. Currently spending all my time with Skyrim with the new AC:R on deck as soon as I get tired of TES. So many side quests, so little time

I'll play just about anything, but I tend to like shooters and RPG's the most. I'm a bit of a curmudgeon nowadays. I always enjoyed my 1st person shooters the most, but always on the PC. Now everything is on the consoles and I just can't grasp the dual sticks vs mouse/keyboard. My ten year old nephew owned me in Halo:Reach a few weekends ago. Friggin kids

Spyderco Forum Registered User D1omedes's Avatar
    It's been about a year and oh how things have changed. Uncharted 3 is awesome as is Batman Arkham City.

On the MMO front Star Wars: The Old Republic was launched. Not sure it's quite as much of a thrill as everyone thought (I can't justify buying it but wanna try).

In bigger news Guild Wars 2 is confirmed for 2012. If all goes as planned ill be posting less...way less .

Anyone else plugging away at something fun?
    Arkham City has been one of the best game experiences of my life (and that's only 24 years, for you old guys ). Skyrim on PS3 was a major disappointment with technical issues but was still superb. I got rid of it for Battlefield 3 (the best shooter since the first Modern Warfare) but I plan on picking it up for the PC (that I'm going to build ) in the future.

I have yet to try an MMO. I played WoW two times at a friend's house and it did not impress me at all. And yes, I am a big LOTR fan and read fantasy fiction voraciously. Plus, I love Magic the Gathering. Still, WoW disappoints me. After I get my new tower I may try out another MMO but I am not set on which one. The Old Republic looks fun but I can't get my head around paid subscriptions. I will likely try out Guild Wars 2 and see how that goes.

Although my future computer is really meant for work, I can't wait to catch up on PC games that I've missed. At the top of the list are the Total War games (Medieval II, Empire, Shogun 2). I love RTS and that genre has still to make a good transition to consoles. Combine those with Magic Online and perhaps Guild Wars 2 and it looks like I'll become a PC gamer after all.

Skyrim is a great game, dsmegst! Are you playing on the PC? While not completely immune to the bugs that plague the PS3 version, PC is the way to go.. If I wanted to give Beth more money, I'd buy it again for the PC.. But Beth can kiss my you-know-what. No more money from this guy until the PS3 version gets fixed.

As far as what to try next, I don't know..If you are strictly PC, I'd be no help as I game almost exclusively on PS3.. But, if you've been out of the loop for 10yrs, I suggest Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4, God of War I,II,III, All the Grand Theft Autos..especially San Andreas, Ratchet and Clank: Tools of destruction, Assassins Creed I and II, Borderlands, Devil May Cry I, III, and IV, ... God, man..you missed so many great games! I could list 20 more..but you get the picture..
    and cut through the air

Years ago, I played quite a bit(understatement) of online Diablo II. Even ran automated bots with several accounts to quickly acquire rare items. Even made money off of it by selling the items to people. I haven't played in years though although when Diablo III comes out I may pick it up and give it a try. If online is free that is....
    "I try not to let what others are doing influence my decisions because I feel like you've got to make decisions for yourself, you've got to be true to yourself, because if you let what others are doing influence what you do, you really have nothing left of yourself" - Layne Norton

Spyderco Forum Registered User djinnzfree's Avatar
    Xbox360 i play SoulCaliburIV on xboxlive. Soon i'll get soulcaliburV.
    Other game like trialHD or shaunWhite skatebording...
    I ♥ blade, kite, motorcycle and _ _ X!

My brother is in LOVE with Skykrim! Only prob for me is the art could use a bit of polish as could some mechanics. Mainly the balancing of certain advancement paths.

Still this is by his review alone. I haven't played it.
    Blake

My brother is in LOVE with Skykrim! Only prob for me is the art could use a bit of polish as could some mechanics. Mainly the balancing of certain advancement paths.

Still this is by his review alone. I haven't played it.
    By advancement paths, I assume he means the smithing and alchemy trees.
    They are easily exploitable..but at your own peril.. Nobody wants to be a level 60 with 100 smithing and 100 alchemy, but have all the other skills in the teens..
    It is a great game, Blerv.. I think the way Beth went about it was wanting the player to have an experience rather than a hair-pulling, shout at the screen, then break your controller type of game.. If that's your thing, play Demon Souls
    and cut through the air

Spyderco Forum Registered User 78lilred's Avatar
    Console - Borderlands on 360
    PC - Patiently waiting for D3, loved d2/lod dueling. counter-strike/css (newest version will be counter-strike global offensive waiting on that one also)
    M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Waffle's Avatar
    I'm a HUGE fan of the online roleplaying kind. Started with Ultima Online during High School then on to Everquest for longer than I'd like to admit. Dabbled with Guild Wars and World of Warcraft (plus some free MMORPG's and shorter-played ones). Now I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2 more than the flying car!

I enjoyed some of the older shooters but the new ones aren't my cup of tea anymore (past about Golden Eye). Probably because I hate getting destroyed by sniper 12 year olds with mongoose reflexes . I will say the Uncharted games for PS3 are insane and I don't mind the shooter element as much.

Casual games are a kick. Mario and Zelda anything. Brawl Brothers, Mario Cart, etc.

Really anything fun or art driven makes me smile. My wife is an artist at a game company so the back-end of the games industry is very interesting.

Anyone else willing to admit to their video game enjoyment? It's ok to admit if you do. After all, if you can justify a collection of tactical knives as a paper pushing employee you argue for anything.
    I loved Golden Eye and Super Smash Brothers on N64!! I also play Mario Kart on Super Nintendo w/my girlfriend from time to time!!!!! Zelda on snes was the best IMO. As far as online, I only play counterstrike once in a while. Love the old school games.
    [Waffle]

This world is made of.. Love and Peace

I have an Xbox360 and LOVE Call of duty! I have each COD since MW. I was in to Left For Dead when it came out as well....
    -Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
    -Wicked Edge

Hey Darkstar,

I think he said it was stealth/alchemy but also that there are other "power combos". Likewise in choosing other paths you can gimp yourself down the road.

It sounds awesome and he loves it. Just a personal pet peeve of mine with balancing is all. Typically a sign of a rushed title whether it's awesome or crummy. Obviously Skykrim is on the good side of that spectrum .

Yea I'm waiting for the next big MMO myself. Love the fantasy genre. Played Ultimate Online when it was released, followed with Everquest and well...the rest is a sad pizza grease stained story .
    Blake

Quote Originally Posted by 78lilred View Post
    Console - Borderlands on 360
    PC - Patiently waiting for D3, loved d2/lod dueling. counter-strike/css (newest version will be counter-strike global offensive waiting on that one also)
    Forgot about that one. I play quite a bit of counter strike source. Good game...
    "I try not to let what others are doing influence my decisions because I feel like you've got to make decisions for yourself, you've got to be true to yourself, because if you let what others are doing influence what you do, you really have nothing left of yourself" - Layne Norton