Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Video Games?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w3tnz View Post
    Anyone on next gen console? Currently smashing heaps of BF4 on ps4, lots of fun with 64 player maps.

I'm a fallout fan, spent lots of time in New Vegas, F3 had a better story but NV was more polished/playable imo, can't wait for F4.
    Sadly the elder scrolls online beta reviews are disappointing, don't think I'll be paying to play that...
    I honestly hope it's an absolute flop. As much as I enjoy some online/multiplayer games, the Elder Scrolls games I would prefer just stay huge epic single players.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    First impressions are putting it as pretty boring and loaded with micro-transactions. Doesn't look like any substance beyond being a skyrim multiplayer mod with half the textures stripped out. The PvP might have some merit, but once again, will probably just become pay to win. I hope it flops too, so bethesda can focus on F4

Spyderco Forum Registered User Monocrom's Avatar
    First impressions are putting it as pretty boring and loaded with micro-transactions. Doesn't look like any substance beyond being a skyrim multiplayer mod with half the textures stripped out. The PvP might have some merit, but once again, will probably just become pay to win. I hope it flops too, so bethesda can focus on F4
    Doesn't matter if it flops or not. Bethesda is the one company in all of gaming that deserves to go out of business. Lazy morons who apparently have no clue what the term "Beta Testing" means. Flop or not, you know they're going to folked up the other game anyway.
    "The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

-John Cleese-

I'd much rather they got their issues sorted out than go bankrupt, as they make some of the only games I play anymore.

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    I didn't really read the NDA (so prob cant say this ) but I didn't really enjoy the beta a month or so ago. Another person I know who liked Skyrim thought it was pretty decent and will probably buy it. If so, I'll prob do the same.

These days I'm just looking for a game that I can spend 40-70 hours playing. That's cheap entertainment relative to everything else .

Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    I'd much rather they got their issues sorted out than go bankrupt, as they make some of the only games I play anymore.
    I totally agree. No studio should go out of business; they should be managed to success. It's a really depressed industry in general. Talented artists and programmers being worked to the bone by complete morons hungry for a cheap buck.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Sometimes it's best to start over. Let them sell the rights to those games. Someone else can pick them up. Bethesda is the Alpha Romeo of gaming. Fantastic products for the enthusiast.... Horrific reliability as part of the package.
    "The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

-John Cleese-

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Sometimes it's best to start over. Let them sell the rights to those games. Someone else can pick them up. Bethesda is the Alpha Romeo of gaming. Fantastic products for the enthusiast.... Horrific reliability as part of the package.
    Lets be realistic though....Fallout 3/NV and the latest Elder Scrolls games ARE enthusiast games. I can't imagine there are many people playing vanilla versions and never hitting up any mods. I'm sure it happens, but I have to believe the vast majority of gamers playing these games on PC are in it for the modding experience. You even see Xbox players crying that they don't have access to all the awesome user made mods. For me the modding aspect is at least 75% of why I play these games. The story is always cool and the graphics and gameplay are fun, but when you start modding it and making it your own world, that's when it really gets fun. If I had to choose between never crashing and not being able to mod it, or modding it and having it crash once an hour, I'll deal with the crashes, because chances are there's a mod for that too (and there are many).

~David

Never had issues with Bethesda software crashing on consoles, I suppose the vanilla versions are more stable
    Plenty of bugs in F3, mostly clipping and visual, but some of that stuff gives the game character, finding glitches and exploiting them is always part of the fun.

As far as devs/producers go, you can do much worse than Bethesda, TESO money grab aside. Played anything EA has crapped out lately? Not to mention gearbox and their shady funding scheme, look how good borderlands 2 was, but how games like colonial marine suffer at the expense.

Lets be realistic though....Fallout 3/NV and the latest Elder Scrolls games ARE enthusiast games. I can't imagine there are many people playing vanilla versions and never hitting up any mods. I'm sure it happens, but I have to believe the vast majority of gamers playing these games on PC are in it for the modding experience. You even see Xbox players crying that they don't have access to all the awesome user made mods. For me the modding aspect is at least 75% of why I play these games. The story is always cool and the graphics and gameplay are fun, but when you start modding it and making it your own world, that's when it really gets fun. If I had to choose between never crashing and not being able to mod it, or modding it and having it crash once an hour, I'll deal with the crashes, because chances are there's a mod for that too (and there are many).
    I've used them all. No mods = 3 hours at best without crashing, with the occasional 25 minutes each gaming session.

Modding isn't the only way to make a game your own. At least with Fallout 3, you can do some in-game things to make it your own.

-John Cleese-

I admit. I am a fan of WoW and I think WoW is my spirit pursuit.