Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Released! Edge Angle Guide!

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    We pulled it for now.

sal
    So if I got an order in before it was pulled will I be receiving one?

Hi Schneider,

I don't know. I'll find out Monday.

We didn't offer the piece to cause a negative thread. Sorry that it turned out that way. We only made about 175 pieces to test. I'm sure some of the crew will want some. They certainly cost us more to make than the asking price. It was a test. We didn't think about the cost of shipping overseas or shipping at all. We'll re-evaluate the test on Monday.

Sorry if this caused concern.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User ChrisR's Avatar
    Hi Sal - please ignore my original post - if you'd like to keep it a test-piece mainly for the US market then I'll have no hard feelings - I didn't realize that the run was so limited and at a negative margin, but now that you have explained everything I can see that hassle for such small numbers isn't worth causing a fuss.

It was just one of those things that seemed really exciting at first and then seemed a bit disappointing if you lived abroad, but no point denying US buyers access to it. Maybe at another time it will become a proper catalog product and it will make its way out to us foreigners
    My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades

Spyderco Forum Registered User cosmo7809's Avatar
    Sal, PLEASE keep the run and do not pull it.

You know theres starting to be a disgusting trend where when people do not get what else some did they make a big deal about it and ruin it for others. Reason why I state this is because of the Forum Native last year had almost the same results.

Here Spyderco is trying to do good for their customers and in return they get bull and grief.

Normally I would say sorry if I offended anyone but at this point, not today.
    Last edited by cosmo7809; 08-21-2010 at 04:41 PM.

No sweat. We'll figure out the best way to go on Monday.

sal

Quote Originally Posted by cosmo7809 View Post
    This, please

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    I would also be very disappoiinted if the complaints voiced by some here ruined this greatt project for all. We trust and honor your judgment, but it would be a shame to be detoured by the complaints some expressed.

You know theres starting to be a disgusting trend where when people do not get what else some did they make a big deal about it and ruin it for others. Reason why I state this is because of the Forum Native last year had almost the same results.

Here Spyderco is trying to do good for their customers and in return they get bull and grief.

Spyderco Forum Registered User HotSoup's Avatar
    You know theres starting to be a disgusting trend where when people do not get what else some did they make a big deal about it and ruin it for others.

You know whats disgusting? You criticizing others for voicing their opinions.

No one is trying to ruin it for anybody else.

Kristi announced the product, which, by the way, is being primarily targeted at us. If they want to keep the shipping the same, fine by me, but its going to be primarily US-based buyers, since many of us right across the border won't order it.

We were just saying that its not worth paying that much in shipping for such a small item.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Whether it's being recalculated for shipping or pulled because of complaints a lesson can be learned.

Anything offered directly through SFO only is special enough not to warrant dealers. Mules, Swicks, Forum Knives, etc. While I never bought a fixed blade of that type I always saw it as a partnership rather than a revenue making product. I'm sure some of these make the company money, others may merely be breaking even or not worth the energy spent. I doubt anyone got a yearly bonus car for executing the Purple Native.

At the risk of sounding too preachy (HA!) don't forget people who make the products also read the forums. Good and bad imput is received directly. They aren't emotionless robots.
    Last edited by Blerv; 08-21-2010 at 04:59 PM.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Spyderco Forum Registered User HotSoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerv View Post

Anything offered directly through SFO only is special enough not to warrant dealers. Mules, Swicks, Forum Knives, etc. While I never bought a fixed blade of that type I always saw it as a partnership rather than a revenue making product. In sure some of these money is made, others may merely be breaking even.
    +1

I'd be the first to stick up for Spyderco in terms of their relationship with consumers/collectors. We have it very good compared to consumer's and 'other' manufacturers

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    You know whats disgusting? You criticizing others for voicing their opinions.
    Well the "opinions" ruined it as far as I am concerned... Just like the "opinions" did for the forum native(wont even get into that). Am I wrong to voice my opinion?

Normally I would say sorry if I offended anyone but at this point, not today.
    Why don't you point out even a single post here that's giving spydero bull and grief?

YOU on the other hand are constantly attacking people who simply want to spend less money on shipping, making them out to be spyderco's enemy and turning people against each other. For what, that they like spyderco's product enough to want them? Now that is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by jzmtl View Post
    Why don't you point out even a single post here that's giving spydero bull and grief?

YOU on the other hand are constantly attacking people who simply want to spend less money on shipping, making them out to be spyderco's enemy and turning people against each other. For what, that they like spyderco's product enough to want them? Now that is disgusting.
    Not once have I called ANYONE out. I am not saying that anyone is turning against spyderco nor calling them an enemy.

I simply do not like when a few bad apples ruin the entire basket.

Believe me guys, I am not trying to "fight" or have words with anyone here. While yes were are on the same side of being spyderco users/collectors I dont think that means that I should not state my mind like everyone else is. Maybe I was a little harsh, but at the time that is how I felt. But just like you have strong feels other people do too.

Truth is, after all the forums I have been on the spyderco forum beats the rest by 100%. Sometimes things get a little heated and mean things are said. This is not the first time it has happen and surely not the last time that there is an disagreement.

But let me just say this, picture yourself in the others person shoes(and now that I do it I see your side as well) and see how they feel.
    Last edited by cosmo7809; 08-21-2010 at 05:17 PM.

C'mon. We're adults. Cool your jets. I've been known to make bad calls before. We'll sort it out and try to figure out the best way to get them to those interested as inexpensively as we can.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    It's just as right for Cosmo to knock opinions with his opinion on how silly they are.

Edit: another edited post . Thx Sal for perspective.
    Last edited by Blerv; 08-21-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Not once have I called ANYONE out. I am not saying that anyone is turning against spyderco nor calling them an enemy.

I simply do not like when a few bad apples ruin the entire basket.

Believe me guys, I am not trying to "fight" or have words with anyone here. While yes were are on the same side of being spyderco users/collectors I dont think that means that I should not state my mind like everyone else is. Maybe I was a little harsh, but at the time that is how I felt. But just like you have strong feels other people do too.

Truth is, after all the forums I have been on the spyderco forum beats the rest by 100%. Sometimes things get a little heated and mean things are said. This is not the first time it has happen and surely not the last time that there is an disagreement.

But let me just say this, picture yourself in the others person shoes(and now that I do it I see your side as well) and see how they feel.
    Sorry, things got a little heated. At the time I felt you were accusing people who complained about shipping to be cause of spyderco pulling it and ruining it for everybody.

Spyderholics are brothers and sisters. It does not matter where you come from the same desire to take part in the Spyderco brand is not something anyone ought to be critical of.

It being pulled so there is a possibility that non US customers might get a chance to own this is not something anyone could surely criticise?

Otherwise do we form a line based upon time on the forums or the level and time we have supported Spyderco? Where do you stop?

How about we all celebrate being part of a small family and stop, think and remember this is Sal's home.

If I am allowed the chance to own this at a good price with reasonable shipping costs I will buy one. If not, well at least I asked.
    My real name is Wayne

Nothing is ruined. We still have to run our test. We'll find a more effective way to do this on Monday. Far better than having an ongoing disagreement until Monday.

The shop is closed until Monday.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User ChrisR's Avatar
    If this thread shows anything it is that:

1. the Edge Angle Guide has got great potential as a novelty product - big thumbs-up for the inventor

2. Spyderco has a lot of very loyal international fans, all desperate to get their hands on their products

Two very positive messages to take

I'm sure Sal can sort something out to keep everyone happy
    My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades

Guys... Gals.... when all is said and done I still have my opinion and your still have yours. As said before while I respect other opinions I will fight for my own as I hold nothing against you for doing the same. Sure things can get out of hand. But I believe that if we can take a moment and sit back and say "WTF did I just do" then its alot better than having a single track mind.

Sorry if I offended anyone or if anyone felt as though I was singling them out. As Sal said we are all adults and as we all know adults can act like kids.

Hopefully we can look back and say "wow....I think I like spyderco a little too much" Just dont let the wife know.
    Last edited by cosmo7809; 08-21-2010 at 05:46 PM.