Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Released! Edge Angle Guide!

Just Released! Edge Angle Guide!

Just released! This is an SFO direct item only and will be limited to one per customer.

http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=583
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jay_Ev's Avatar
    Sweet! I'm gonna get me one of those.
    <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Eight bucks for shipping seems a bit steep, unless you're ordering other stuff.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User wec12's Avatar
    Only available here?

█ A.K.A. Mr.Dissector. █
    "Think before You Cut" --- Sal Glesser. █
    █ My small gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/24938645@N00/

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wec12 View Post
    Only available here?
    -->

Quote Originally Posted by TazKristi View Post
    Just released! This is an SFO direct item only and will be limited to one per customer.

http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=583

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
    Eight bucks for shipping seems a bit steep, unless you're ordering other stuff.
    15 bucks shipping for me.

Spyderco Forum Registered User cosmo7809's Avatar
    Cool! Think I will pick one up.

Lets hope the project is a success and goes into full production into retail stores.
    Last edited by cosmo7809; 08-21-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User HotSoup's Avatar
    This would cost me $25 USD to get, since I'm in Canada. I'll pass.

Seems like a cool trinket, but you won't really get feedback if people can't access them affordably.

I'll order one, if and when the shipping prices are adjusted.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    tag to follow this...
    Not Forgotten:
    LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
    MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
    Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?

Spyderco Forum Registered User cougar337's Avatar
    I am down for 1. ~$20 for this item is worth it to me, very cool
    - Ian
    See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Limited run edge gauge. Never done before. Um...ya screw shipping.

Maybe it's being done to keep greedy eBay trolls away? I'm sure they will sell out quick enough.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Spyderco Forum Registered User cosmo7809's Avatar
    Just remembered I had a American Express 25$ gift card.

Got a Angle Guide and a pair of stickers!

I wonder how the guide is packaged..... Box, blister, um...??

Spyderco Forum Registered User ChrisR's Avatar
    I'd love to get one but why are these only available through SFO?! I got all excited and went through to the checkout to find that it'd be $25 shipping to me in the UK, which just seems extortionate Come on Spyderco - where's the fairness in that? There's a recession on and plenty of us would like to get ourselves a nice Spydie-treat but I can't justify that

If I was able to buy this through my usual Spydie-trader then I know she'd just slip it in a USPS air-mail packet and it would be cheap enough to justify buying.
    Last edited by ChrisR; 08-21-2010 at 01:45 AM.
    My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades

Spyderco Forum Registered User A-Knife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    I'd love to get one but why are these only available through SFO?! I got all excited and went through to the checkout to find that it'd be $25 shipping to me in the UK, which just seems extortionate Come on Spyderco - where's the fairness in that? ...
    Hear, hear. I agree. I would love to get one but in this way thereis no fun in it.

André

Spyderco Forum Registered User JT's Avatar

Thumbs down

I'd love to get one but why are these only available through SFO?! I got all excited and went through to the checkout to find that it'd be $25 shipping to me in the UK, which just seems extortionate Come on Spyderco - where's the fairness in that? There's a recession on and plenty of us would like to get ourselves a nice Spydie-treat but I can't justify that

If I was able to buy this through my usual Spydie-trader then I know she'd just slip it in a USPS air-mail packet and it would be cheap enough to justify buying.

I'm personally VERY bummed too. Ain't going to pay 25USD for shipping, when the item is 9,95 USD.
    Since it's limited to 1 per customer, group buys or getting one via a friend is out of the window too.

I understand when they ship knives via the more expensive way, but for this... I don't know. I would be willing to take my chances with the cheaper shipping method.

Nah, I'll just close my PC now, and head for the hills.. maybe some fun time with my dual sport will make this day better.
    -The Cult Of The Curved Ones- C.O.T.C.O.

I'm not Sal, but I don't think I have to be to figure this out. For a very small run of a few hundred experimental units, the additional costs to send this downstream through the distributors to the dealers would increase someone's/everyone's costs on this to an unreasonable level.

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    I'm not Sal, but I don't think I have to be to figure this out. For a very small run of a few hundred experimental units, the additional costs to send this downstream through the distributors to the dealers would increase someone's/everyone's costs on this to an unreasonable level.
    I imagine you're right. On the other hand, we can hope they'll either work out a more reasonable shipping method (like First Class Mail in a photo mailer) for these or that enough folks will pay the price quickly enough for them to make it a regular production item.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

I imagine you're right. On the other hand, we can hope they'll either work out a more reasonable shipping method (like First Class Mail in a photo mailer) for these or that enough folks will pay the price quickly enough for them to make it a regular production item.
    Yes, esp perhaps the latter? I had been needing a set of brown stones for the Sharpmaker so I added that to my order and the shipping looked a little more reasonable.

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar

Shipping on small items

Dear Spyderco,

FYI: SOG sells their knife sheaths and individual tools for their multi-tools (you can swap different items like screwdriver, knife blade, scissors, etc. in their multi-tools) at the cost displayed on their web site with no shipping. The items are small and go through the US Postal service. They only sell these items on their site. I think that's a great service for their customers. I'm sure they add enough on the price to cover the couple of stamps needed for these items. I would like to have an edge guide.

Sincerly happy Spyderco customer,
    Jack

Spyderco Forum Registered User A-Knife's Avatar
    I guess that if Spyderco notice there is a vast interest in this object (they say it's an experiment) it will go into their regular production. However, I do see some cheaper shipping possibilities for such a flat lightweight object.

Let's wait and see.

André