Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2126

Thread: Show your mods!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    More nice work from you, Ned. Now it's more useful, too (I'm not a serration fan). I did that to a Caly 3, but it suits yours better. Thanks for showing us.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    More nice work from you, Ned. Now it's more useful, too (I'm not a serration fan). I did that to a Caly 3, but it suits yours better. Thanks for showing us.
    I appreciate the encouragement Jazz, I'm thinking of that song by the Carpenters: "We've only just begun..." Hmm, what shall I do next!
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    Great work on the Dragonfly Net. I like it. Good job.

Jack

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    I appreciate the encouragement Jazz, I'm thinking of that song by the Carpenters: "We've only just begun..." Hmm, what shall I do next!
    That's how I am, but just remember to think it through so you don't regret a mod. I've done it myself. Man, you've got me considering that mod now! I've actually got 3 or 4 mods in the lineup right now, but I injured my shoulder and it's keeping me from them.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by jackknifeh View Post
    Great work on the Dragonfly Net. I like it. Good job.

Jack
    Thanks Jack, you are one of the guys who has really inspired me to start down this road....
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    Made this kirinite handle for my new Dragonfly 2 with super blue blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    How does the back spacer look?
    Oops. Forgot. It's the same material as the scales.

I made another handle with the same kirinite but used orange G-10 for a backspacer.

Notice the gap between the backspacer and the lockbar. When gluing the backspacer to one side of the handle the backspacer slid enough to cause this gap. It also created another problem. See next picture.

The movement of the backspacer I was unaware of until I got the thing together also meant about 1/8th of the edge at the tip of the blade was hitting the backspacer. I had two options. Remove steel fromt he blade or remove backspacer material. I opted for the backspacer. I kind of like the result.

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).

I really like the curved result, too, Jack.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

New clip finish for my sons Delica!

Spyderco Forum Registered User sharpguitarist's Avatar
    Hey guys,
    I don't like polished clips, so I did a little mod to my new Yojimbo clip.

Thanks for looking!
    Later,
    Don
    everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Looks good Don. Sandpaper or wire wheel, or?
    Time for another !

-Matt

Spyderco Forum Registered User sharpguitarist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydersense View Post
    Looks good Don. Sandpaper or wire wheel, or?
    Hey Spydersense,
    Thanks!
    80 grit sandpaper in a random swirling pattern, then a light go over with a scotch bright pad.
    Later,
    Don
    everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    I decided to try to build some wooden scales on my Pingo this weekend - the first time I've tackled this model. There was an old piece of mesquite burl in my workbench that seemed to call my name. Mesquite is a very hard and durable wood, but much lighter than something like ironwood. To be honest, I've never had that much luck in finishing mesquite - I guess I never figured out the magic formula for getting that perfect gloss. Anyway, I sanded this set of scales out to 1000 grit then topped it with one light coat of rubbed TruOil finished with a coat of RenWax. This should be a good EDC knife.

TedP

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Wow! That's a fantastic looking Pingo! I've held a Pingo a few times and it never really grooved for me, but I've seen a few custom wood handled Pingos now and it makes me wish I could make scales like that. Absolutely fantastic!
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

That is one classy looking Pingo, I really like that look, super nice...

Spyderco Forum Registered User MadRookie's Avatar
    Good work as usual Ted - you're setting excellent standards here!

Nicest Pingo handle mod I've seen. Well done, sir!
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Serrated my Military aftermarket via Wiley Knives: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/attac...6&d=1393331215

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Ted this is getting out of hand. I may need to hit you up for some wood scales someday. That Pingo is dead sexy.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    By far, that is the best looking Pingo that I've ever seen. Excellent work Ted.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Gofannon's Avatar

"The things you own end up owning you."
    Tyler, Fight Club

My spyderco

Geoffrey