Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2074

Thread: Show your mods!

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    ... I'd chamfer those holes next.
    Looks good, but yeah, I'd chamfer those holes.

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Just a few quick cell phone pictures...no good camera pictures of this as of yet.

Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Nice Branden!
    Time for another !

-Matt

This is the first time I've needed to take one of my Spydercos apart. I was hesitant to do it and have been sitting on it for weeks since I bought it from Holland, but it went a lot smoother than I was expecting...took me less than 10 minutes in fact. Probably not surprising though given that I was able to remove and disassemble the foglights of my parents Grand Wagoneer when I was 5 (And when an insurance broker was at the house no less...not the best timing lol).
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User hawaiihunter's Avatar
    3rd gen, that "inlay" or whatever you would call it really matches your Razer Gaming Keyboard.
    Looking for: Grey Cts-20cp Paramilitary 2
    Green Cts-204p Paramilitary 2
    S110v Mule

Currently own: Tenacious, Green Cts-204P Paramiitary 2

It only glows that brightly after 10-15 seconds under my 260 lumens flashlight...it does fade, and it's not normally that bright.

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Made the holes bigger so u matched the liners perfectly and sanded them down a bit. I think I'll leave it like this for now

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    stonewashed my chaparral 2 blade a couple weeks ago

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Fluted TI Military. S90V blade swap.
    Anodized Gold. Flame colored pocket clip, standoffs, Lanyard tube, and screws. Screws were up graded to T-8.
    Had to swap pivot, stop pin, and pivot screws to fit the blade.
    Carbidized steel insert and TI lock faces.
    CRK style lanyard, OD Green, with Damascus Brass Bead.

Carbidized lock faces.

Assembled knife.

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    I made some time to spend in the shop this weekend and finished up two mods that have been sitting on my bench for a while. The first is a Squeak modified with jigged bone scales. This is only my second or third time to use jigged bone - it is not my favorite material to work with. It tends to chip out, the dye gets all over the place until it wears down, and the smell when you cut or drill it is really bad. But I've always had a soft spot for jigged bone ever since my Grandad got me into knives almost 50 years ago. He was a Case man, and this was his favorite scale material. Nothing says "traditional" quite like dyed jigged bone...

Anyway, this is a set of bargain basement scales from Culpepper. I wanted to try it out before investing in some more expensive slabs. I drilled and counterbored these with my drill press and cut them out using my bandsaw (pee-ew!). I then contoured and sanded them down to 1500 grit. The Squeak doesn't have any washers (they are built into the FRN scales) and I think I'll need to get some phosphor bronze washers for the next time I break it down. That would make the action silky smooth.

TedP

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    Here's my second weekend project - a UKPK rescaled in Arizona Ironwood. These scales took some time to get prepped. When I resawed the slabs off a larger block, it exposed a lot of hairline cracks and small checks. So I drilled and counterbored the holes, cut out the scales, and roughly contoured and sanded them down to 120 grit. Then I removed the scales from the knife and coated them with thin CA glue. This filled the cracks and I sanded the CA off and polished the scales out to 1200 grit. It was topped with Ren Wax for the final finish.

TedP

Spyderco Forum Registered User Chris_H's Avatar
    Absolutely amazing scale mod/replacement with the jigged bone that you did on the Squeak, Ted!
    "All your are belong to us."
    ** WTC # 1032 1533 **

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipsted View Post
    I made some time to spend in the shop this weekend and finished up two mods that have been sitting on my bench for a while. The first is a Squeak modified with jigged bone scales. This is only my second or third time to use jigged bone - it is not my favorite material to work with. It tends to chip out, the dye gets all over the place until it wears down, and the smell when you cut or drill it is really bad. But I've always had a soft spot for jigged bone ever since my Grandad got me into knives almost 50 years ago. He was a Case man, and this was his favorite scale material. Nothing says "traditional" quite like dyed jigged bone...

Anyway, this is a set of bargain basement scales from Culpepper. I wanted to try it out before investing in some more expensive slabs. I drilled and counterbored these with my drill press and cut them out using my bandsaw (pee-ew!). I then contoured and sanded them down to 1500 grit. The Squeak doesn't have any washers (they are built into the FRN scales) and I think I'll need to get some phosphor bronze washers for the next time I break it down. That would make the action silky smooth.

TedP

This is so COOL! I love the Squeak. I carry mine often and this just looks wonderful. I'll bet that it will be super slick with the new washers..
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Very Impressive Military RoBo!
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    Very Impressive Military RoBo!
    thank you, Sir!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipsted View Post
    Here's my second weekend project - a UKPK rescaled in Arizona Ironwood. These scales took some time to get prepped. When I resawed the slabs off a larger block, it exposed a lot of hairline cracks and small checks. So I drilled and counterbored the holes, cut out the scales, and roughly contoured and sanded them down to 120 grit. Then I removed the scales from the knife and coated them with thin CA glue. This filled the cracks and I sanded the CA off and polished the scales out to 1200 grit. It was topped with Ren Wax for the final finish.

TedP
    Gorgeous woodwork Ted!
    Time for another !

-Matt

Spyderco Forum Registered User MadRookie's Avatar
    Simply gorgeous Ted!

You got talent.

This is my first attempt at a knife modification. I just acid etched the pattern and added a small lanyard made from one of my Infantry cords...

20140429_180740.jpg

20140429_181541.jpg

Pretty amateurish I'll admit but it was a fun project.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    This is my first attempt at a knife modification. I just acid etched the pattern and added a small lanyard made from one of my Infantry cords...

20140429_180740.jpg

20140429_181541.jpg

Pretty amateurish I'll admit but it was a fun project.
    It looks consistent. A great start and nice job
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Thank you..