Page 88 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2074

Thread: Show your mods!

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Finished this up yesterday... Emerson Wave Endura w/black G10 DuoSculpted scales in a rippled surface texture on the body and the slant Anso pattern as a faux bolster. Unseen is the toxic green G10 back spacer...

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    REALLY nice Boomer.

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Rwb1500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackknifeh View Post
    REALLY nice Boomer.
    Agreed. The faux bolster is a really cool idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbcad View Post
    Change is the only constant...

...Quite enjoyable and satifsying to have the number of knives decrease but the sharpness of the edges increase. The eternal quest for least resistance

Enjoy your edges folks

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMER52 View Post
    Finished this up yesterday... Emerson Wave Endura w/black G10 DuoSculpted scales in a rippled surface texture on the body and the slant Anso pattern as a faux bolster. Unseen is the toxic green G10 back spacer...
    Nice! Very cool effect with two patterns on one piece. I love it.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Here's the clip side... it was difficult to make out the Anso patten in the first pic...

Caly 3.5, personally done. Still learning.

"Love is not self-sacrifice, but the assertion of your own needs and values. It is for your own happiness that you need the person you love." Ayn Rand

"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." Ayn Rand

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souta112` View Post
    Caly 3.5, personally done. Still learning.

Screw construction FTW!
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Screw construction FTW!
    I know, I knew it had to be possible. Oddly enough I've hardly seen Caly mods, almost none. (Guess I'm one of the few stupid enough to try :P)

http://www.customspyderco.com/galler...-1060-full.jpg

In that case there's not even screws, I don't how they attached the scales to the liners... Glue?

I'll post some pics of the lockbar, liners and backspacer after they were drilled, later on tonight. I might have a Manix 2 posted up soon as well, and maybe an update to the Caly.
    "Love is not self-sacrifice, but the assertion of your own needs and values. It is for your own happiness that you need the person you love." Ayn Rand

"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." Ayn Rand

Spyderco Forum Registered User custommade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souta112` View Post
    I know, I knew it had to be possible. Oddly enough I've hardly seen Caly mods, almost none. (Guess I'm one of the few stupid enough to try :P)

http://www.customspyderco.com/galler...-1060-full.jpg

In that case there's not even screws, I don't how they attached the scales to the liners... Glue?

I'll post some pics of the lockbar, liners and backspacer after they were drilled, later on tonight. I might have a Manix 2 posted up soon as well, and maybe an update to the Caly.
    I'm extremely interested in this!!

Quote Originally Posted by custommade View Post
    I'm extremely interested in this!!
    The second image is the original hole sizing. Around 0.095 inches, give or take.

And last, a better beauty pic.

Was the last hole drilled too large at first? What is that.... a copper washer?
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Souta112 - Gorgeous work. Nice color, and I bet it's nice and light now.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMER52 View Post
    I want almost that exact scales! I just want the rippled surface over the whole thing in sand g-10 with a g-10 back spacer as well! Where can I get a pair of these?!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Paynter's Avatar
    I'm new to the forum. Bumped into this thread early on and it blew me away. I've spent the last two days reading all the posts and enjoyed every minute (hours!) of it. Thank you to all those that posted your fantastic mods. They are not only a joy to look at but fuel for the imagination and the inspiration to try it myself (including the steep learning curve).

Welcome, Paynter. I love seeing everyone's great work, too. Really inspiring. Hope you stick around... and show your mods, if you do any.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    That Caly is indeed beautiful!
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

My Manix 2 mod I spoke of previously. Still a couple things to finish up, but just about done.

It was originally a blacked out Manix 2, Now the blades been stonewashed, and the steel parts acidwashed. Black and green layered linen micarta, unfortunately the green doesn't show as well as I'd like...

I don't know how I got such good pics, (IMHO), but I did... Some how...

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    Good job. I really like the blade. I assume it was the DLC coating. I like the way the grind line (above the hollow part) shows up. Also, the tang stamps really stand out. Did it happen like that just from stonewashing or did you do something else. I don't remember seeing a DLC blade stonewashed before. Looks great. I've tried layered G-10 before and have always been disappointed at the lack of distinction between the two colors. Maybe it's a polishing/finishing thing or maybe it's a different manufacturer. Either way, nice work.

Jack

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three.

Souta112' your Manix 2 looks great. Hard to tell if you stonewashed DLC or if you Acid bathed it then stonewashed.
    My 's:

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    looks great! well done
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer