Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 2074

Thread: Show your mods!

  1. #121
    Spyderco Forum Registered User GRIFFIN HAWKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas (The Meadows) NV
    Posts
    116
    I like what your doing very much ,0 What is the difference between G10 and G11 ?
    Is it hardness ? If so which is which ?
    I just started working with G10 and I'm impressed with how strong it is,
    For a loss of a better term ,)
    BE WELL .. GH

  2. #122
    Spyderco Forum Registered User unit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN HAWKS View Post
    I like what your doing very much ,0 What is the difference between G10 and G11 ?
    Is it hardness ? If so which is which ?
    I just started working with G10 and I'm impressed with how strong it is,
    For a loss of a better term ,)
    Honestly, I am not sure what the differences are...both materials behave similarly for the uses I have attempted.
    Thanks,
    Ken (my real name)

    ...learning something new all the time.

  3. #123
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Creepo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by unit View Post
    Honestly, I am not sure what the differences are...both materials behave similarly for the uses I have attempted.
    Isn't G11 just another name for translucent natural G10?

    Perhaps the components in the epoxy matrix are a bit different.

  4. #124
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Agent_Ohm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Constitution State
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by unit View Post
    Does this count?

    I made a fixed version of the Military from G-11 and G-10 a while back....I call it the unit-tary

    It was a fun project and is now a nifty letter opener.


    that is amazing
    Dan

    In omnia paratus

  5. #125
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,739
    Nice stuff, guys! GH - that knife to me has become a sculpture. I really like your artistic style - not like any other knife you'll see.

    Ken - very cool letter opener. Is the blade G10? I like starting things and having a few carvings or whatever going at a time. You get tired of one and skip it for a while.

    - best wishes, Jazz.

  6. #126
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepo View Post
    Isn't G11 just another name for translucent natural G10?

    Perhaps the components in the epoxy matrix are a bit different.
    Composition is a bit different, if anyone is interested they can search for the full name, garolite grade 10 and grade 11.

  7. #127
    Spyderco Forum Registered User unit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,831
    Jazz, the "blade" is all G-10 (pink and full tang LOL) and the handle slabs are G-11. The only other material is a couple flaired brass tubes that secure everything together. It is surprisingly tough!
    Thanks,
    Ken (my real name)

    ...learning something new all the time.

  8. #128
    Spyderco Forum Registered User GRIFFIN HAWKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas (The Meadows) NV
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Nice stuff, guys! GH - that knife to me has become a sculpture. I really like your artistic style - not like any other knife you'll see.

    Ken - very cool letter opener. Is the blade G10? I like starting things and having a few carvings or whatever going at a time. You get tired of one and skip it for a while.

    - best wishes, Jazz.
    Thanks Jazz ,) The mods are pretty tough so it's still very usable (^;

    And yes, Ken's creation is unique and beautiful in it's own right's !
    ! WOW !
    BE WELL .. GH

  9. #129
    Spyderco Forum Registered User prime77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    194
    Made my Cara Cara2 nice and glowy




  10. #130
    Spyderco Forum Registered User GRIFFIN HAWKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas (The Meadows) NV
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by prime77 View Post
    Made my Cara Cara2 nice and glowy



    Awesome ! Very Sifi looking Well done !
    BE WELL .. GH

  11. #131
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA, USA
    Posts
    6,540
    Quote Originally Posted by unit View Post
    Does this count?

    I made a fixed version of the Military from G-11 and G-10 a while back....I call it the unit-tary

    It was a fun project and is now a nifty letter opener.


    That isn't a military, it's not full flat ground!

    That's nice work.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

  12. #132
    Spyderco Forum Registered User unit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    That isn't a military, it's not full flat ground!

    That's nice work.
    That is why I call it the unit-tary.
    Thanks,
    Ken (my real name)

    ...learning something new all the time.

  13. #133
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14

    Manix 2 Mod Job

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    This is my first knife modification

  14. #134
    Spyderco Forum Registered User GRIFFIN HAWKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas (The Meadows) NV
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshowrenfro View Post
    [IMG] [/IMG]

    This is my first knife modification
    Awesome ! I really like how you extended the 'Jimping' down the scales
    BE WELL .. GH

  15. #135
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,739
    Nice stuff, prime77 and bigshowrenfro! Thanks for sharing.

    - best wishes, Jazz.

  16. #136
    Spyderco Forum Registered User GRIFFIN HAWKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas (The Meadows) NV
    Posts
    116
    MONSTER SHEATH in the making ... ( For the FrankenTenacious )
    BE WELL .. GH

  17. #137
    Spyderco Forum Registered User Agent_Ohm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Constitution State
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshowrenfro View Post
    [IMG] [/IMG]

    This is my first knife modification
    Dan

    In omnia paratus

  18. #138
    Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBoy_S4 View Post
    LOL
    You should never have to ask yourself "do i really need another knife?" The answer is obvious...

  19. #139
    Spyderco Forum Registered User HellHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lithuania,Europe,Earth.
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBoy_S4 View Post
    Ouchy,I'm thinking that will rip your palm up pretty bad with some hard work.
    thewannabesurvivalist

  20. #140
    Spyderco Forum Registered User GRIFFIN HAWKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas (The Meadows) NV
    Posts
    116
    I made a sheath, not sure if it's done yet [?] I might change the hardware appliances a bit ..

    It wasn't easy to build following the Frankenstein theme ..

    There are grommets positioned on the back to accept Molle-Locks ..

    It's really very rugged and functional (^;
    Last edited by GRIFFIN HAWKS; 10-08-2010 at 11:29 PM.
    BE WELL .. GH

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •