Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformed into H-1 Salt Series???

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Cool Transformed into H-1 Salt Series???

Just recently I got my new H-1 Catcherman I'm still in awe of how great that one turned out. It gave me a whole new attitude toward the H-1 Salt Series. I've always liked the Salt Series but this blade gave me some really nice ideas.

The new H-1 Catcherman impressed me so much that I immediately made an appeal for those who might be listening to consider bringing back the super folding fillet classic the Catcherman in the H-1 Salt Series.

My question to all of you great folks here at Spyderville is what current or past great Spyder would you all like to see transformed from it's original format into being changed to the H-1 Salt Series.

Another blade I've been playing with and working hard with this week is my highly treasured FB-05 Temperance 1 model. AS I'm ripping up boxes and doing other chores with it today I just got to thinking how superb that wonderful and highly useful blade would be if it were to be reintroduced into the H-1 Salt Series. It could be a super fixed blade Spyder that would be perfect on a working man's budget and make a super reliable fixed blade to boot.

So which ones do you all think would be great in the H-1 Salt Series?
    Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User D1omedes's Avatar
    Well, it seems to me that the Catcherman was designed for H1 steel. It's a fillet knife, aimed for fisherman. H1 offers incredible corrosion resistance, ease in sharpening and the ability to take a very fine edge. If a standard Catcherman was released in H1, I'd definitely would like one.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    It all comes down to how much the blade flexes. It's been a long time since i cleaned fish, but if the blade doesn't flex, it isn't the best knife for the job IMO. That being the case, i would just opt for another Salt knife if the Catcherman wasn't available.

Of course...i've also had a SAK in my tackle box for so many years i can't remember how many, and it still isn't rusted.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

I was going to make a whole thread on this but I was thinking yesterday about it after getting my spyderco military. How bout Spyderco makes an H1 version of the military or para military 2 for our forces that go into every enviorment out there, no matter how wet, humid, cold, hot etc. Like our navy seals, or any of our forces that specialize in cold/snowy enviorments. Im sure theyd love to have a military that they can take under water when in hiding and not worry about rusting up after they emerge from a merky pond. Or one they can drop in the snow or use in freezing rain. Not everyone fights in the desert...I think there needs to be an all weather spyderco for our armed forces.

So, imagine an H1 military, in camo blue or snow digi cam with a black non reflective blade. Only thing Im not sure about is the pivot getting frozen up, but Im sure spyderco could think of something. Seriously who wouldnt buy one of these?

Someone whos good with photoshop, make a picture of one of these.
    Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.

Delica sized dyad! I'd buy 2 or 3 to last me a long time.

Spyderco Forum Registered User richroemer's Avatar

mule to test newest US version/replacement of H1?

How about a new mule using whatever modern steel might be available to replace H1. I like H1 but maybe something new is better? And if it was a new US steel to replace H1, that might be good too!

Edit: H1 and serrations is great... but maybe something else might be better for plain edge?
    Last edited by richroemer; 09-14-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: add bit about serrations

Thumbs up So far, so good

Well DrKnight I couldn't agree with you more that an H-1 Military or Paramilitary would truly be great for those who serve in our armed forces in distant lands where there happens to be a super corrosive environment.

.357 Mag you're talking to the guy who has hailed the Dyad model since the early 2000s I wouldn't object at all to a Delica sized Dyad in H-1. However I would like to see a full sized one in H-1 as well.

Great suggestions so far brothers & sisters. I think it's a foregone conclusion that most everyone agrees that the CAtcherman and H-1 steel are truly made for each other.

Spyderco Forum Registered User araneae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richroemer View Post
    How about a new mule using whatever modern steel might be available to replace H1. I like H1 but maybe something new is better? And if it was a new US steel to replace H1, that might be good too!
    H1 is pretty new and modern. I'm sure if there was a newer better steel, Sal would use it.
    So many knives, so few pockets...
    -Nick
    Light Modding and Wharnifying when time permits

Just got: Superblue D'fly

The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User Bradley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkknight614 View Post

So, imagine an H1 military, in camo blue or snow digi cam with a black non reflective blade.
    <3 Yes please, hahah sounds way cool.
    Current:
    Dodo (stuck lock)
    Smallfly
    Para 2
    S110V Mule
    Meerkat
    K04 Kitchen Knife

Whenever it gets here:
    S90V CF Yo 2

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Drkknight614 View Post
    So, imagine an H1 military, in camo blue or snow digi cam with a black non reflective blade. Only thing Im not sure about is the pivot getting frozen up, but Im sure spyderco could think of something. Seriously who wouldnt buy one of these?
    Wow what a knife digi cam with a black blade

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    Keep in mind, some of these would come out VERY expensive, some would need titanium or H1 liners, and when that happens, BOOM price flies
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Southard- Resilience
    Others- Shirogorov Hati - Strider SnG DGG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer- Curtiss Nano- Strider SMF Lego- Curtiss F3 3.5"
    Inbound: Zero Tolerance 0777 (thanks USPS for losing it )

Exclamation Derailed!!!

Hey Folks I think we're getting DERAILED here! Please guys and gals let's stay ON TOPIC

AGAIN my question to you all was>>> Which Spyder model present or past would you all like to see in the H-1 Salt Series???

I don't know how we got DERAILED but it can happen to the best of threads I realize. But can we please stay ON TOPIC?????

Which Spyder model present or past would you all like to see to be transformed into the H-1 Salt Series? I hope I don't have to delete the thread but maybe I will

Spyderco Forum Registered User 1623's Avatar
    I have but one simple wish for an H1 Salt variant...

UKPK with yellow bi-directional FRN scales, FFG drop point blade, deep carry polished wire clip.
    "To be nobody but yourself, in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."

E.E. Cummings

Music and age have no correlation; what's in the heart is in the heart.

Spyderco Forum Registered User pmbspyder's Avatar
    h1 para 2 with full se in any number of different handle varieties.

a guy can dream, can't he!?
    Latest : Yojimbo 2

SE & PE availability also handle materials

Quote Originally Posted by pmbspyder View Post
    h1 para 2 with full se in any number of different handle varieties.

a guy can dream, can't he!?
    Personally I think everything that makes it to the H-1 Salt Series should be available in SE & PE.

Just look at the resurrection of the Spyderhawk model and how well it's doing since it got to the H-1 Salt Series. And it's available in SE & PE as well as the Tasman.

Now you raise a great point with the Handles>> Because most of them end up being FRN>> However I would love to see some in G-10 yellow or black handles

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    How about the Lil Temperance or the A.T.R.?

H1 would be nice, but I'd ideally like to see these both reissued with Carpenter steel or ZDP-189...

TedP
    Worry less - Breathe more...

My trusted companion, a Spyderco Solo SoO1PS, black micarta, Peter Atwood Lanslide, capped off with a diamond knot.
    Spydie Fanatic #185

Spyderco Forum Registered User Dr. Snubnose's Avatar
    I for one would love to see an Ayoob or Chinook II in H1 maybe even a Moran....Doc
    "Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*

Quote Originally Posted by JD Spydo View Post
    Hey Folks I think we're getting DERAILED here! Please guys and gals let's stay ON TOPIC

AGAIN my question to you all was>>> Which Spyder model present or past would you all like to see in the H-1 Salt Series???

I don't know how we got DERAILED but it can happen to the best of threads I realize. But can we please stay ON TOPIC?????

Which Spyder model present or past would you all like to see to be transformed into the H-1 Salt Series? I hope I don't have to delete the thread but maybe I will
    This is derailed? Lol Ive seen much worse. We still talking about H1. But I agree with you, would love to see some G10 scales. But i wonder, is the reasoning behind this not happening yet because of the increased steel that would need to be used? If Im not mistaken every g10 knife has some sort of steel liners no? Spyderco would have to make these in H1 or some other rust resistant steel and I can see that becomin mighty costly. If it was open construction, the pins would need to be like that also, and if closed like on my g10 endura over here, the backspacer would have to be so too. I still want to see it happen, but I think thats whats holding spyderco back.

I would like to see a rescue assist in h1 steel blade also. Is it a knife your going to be diving with or using on a boat...no, but as a firefighter you will get wet from time to time and its nice to know you can leave your knife where it is and not worry about it. My spyderco atlantic salt stays where it is till I need it. It gets wet all the time, but I dont have to worry. Same goes for my benchmade 110h2o fixed blade (am I allowed to mention them on here lol).
    Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I would like to see a Goddard Jr similar to the white sprint in PE, a G-10 Police (dreaming!), a G-10 Rookie. How about a Michael Walker or something from Bob Lum's collabs?
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Ayoob & MORAN

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Snubnose View Post
    I for one would love to see an Ayoob or Chinook II in H1 maybe even a Moran....Doc
    Doc I find your pick of the fixed blade MORAN very interesting>> simply because my main pick is the fixed blade Temperance 1 model and the 2 of them have much in common.

I do like the design of the Temp 1 a bit better than I do either one of the Moran models but I could live with an H-1 MORAN very well.

Not so sure about the Ayoob but I will think hard on that one. Because I'm in your camp 100% of the way with the Ayoob model being one of my top 10 all time Spyders. Tell me why you think the Ayoob of all models would benefit from an H-1 blade?

I bet it sure would look unique with a yellow G-10 handle I just had my SE Ayoob out yesterday playing with it. Again Doc you got my interest level perked up for sure