Thread: 2010 Catalogs

2010 Catalogs

The catalogs for 2010 are live and available for download... http://spyderco.com/catalog/download.php

(looks like ya'll beat me to the announcement, but that's what I get for driving home )
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Bluntrauma's Avatar
    Thanks Kristi, Hope you and your family have a safe and happy Holiday!
    Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
    liveit_loud on Ebay.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Peter1960's Avatar
    Thank you very much Kristi. Just in time for a good Christmas reading
    Peter - member of Spydiewiki.com group

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
    Spyderco's company motto

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pneumothorax's Avatar
    Thanks Kristi, now I can start the 'official' list for 2k10.

Hope you have a fantastic and relaxing holiday season!!
    2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
    2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!

Banned - Disrespectful PM to Admin.
    Happy Holidays. Drive Safe. I am in nj and just got 14 inches of snow and damn near crashed twice so i can only imagine the snow where you live. anyway can i ask, is this the total list available? para2 and ti mili and ffg delica and others not listed.... that means it will still be a while for them?
    Last edited by SmoothOne25; 12-23-2009 at 03:20 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User RamDreamer's Avatar
    SmoothOne25,

The Ti Mili is on page 16.

Spyderco Forum Registered User supermatch38sa's Avatar
    Thanks a lot Kristi, wish you and yours a merry christmas and a happy new year.
    Yours,
    Jose
    Jose
    ¨PRICE IS FORGOTTEN, QUALITY IS EVERLASTING¨

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Thanks Kristi, and a merry christmas to you and your family. Love the 'carrots' btw

Still, I wanted to let you know that in the 'other 2010 catalog thread' I've seen quite some complaints about not being able to open the PDF. I also am experiencing some issues with the PDF file, which I'm looking into at the moment. There may be something wrong with the PDF export, since everything is hunky dory until you reach page 38. After that: laptop-meltdown :P

I will report back if I discover anything useful

EDIT:
    The 'extremely high CPU load' issue appears to be a OSX 10.6 issue exclusively. It does not occur on (less powerful) machines running 10.5.
    Last edited by Whieee; 12-24-2009 at 02:55 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Double post here but saving the PDF makes browsing fluid. It does take about 5 mins to download though.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Blerv View Post
    Double post here but saving the PDF makes browsing fluid. It does take about 5 mins to download though.
    I have downloaded it to disk. Trying to browse it inline was even worse The fun thing is, that my MacBook Pro has no problems whatsoever viewing (and editing) PDF files that are over 10 times as large.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Murdoc's Avatar
    No problems whatsoever here. Maybe it's a Mac thing?

Dennis

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    You can also configure Firefox to just save .PDF files without opening them. In IE you can accomplish the same thing by right clicking on the hyperlink to the PDF and selecting Save Target As... from the pop-up menu which will appear. In both cases, the file will download much more quickly, and you then can use the PDF reader of your choice to view it outside the browser. I've switched to Foxit Reader myself. Seems to open PDFs, especially the large ones, faster than Adobe Reader.

In Chrome, none of the mouseover tabs on the Spyderco home page work, the dropdown menus do not appear. Even if I use Kristi's link to visit the download page, I can't find a way to just download the PDF without opening it either. Might just be my unfamiliarity with Chrome. I downloaded it, tried it, but was not really impressed by it. I find it renders a significant percentage of the pages I frequently visit oddly, compared to IE and Firefox.

No clue how much, if any, help that will be to those on Macs.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

The file is also called "2009SpydercoCatalog.pdf"

You might want to change that to 2010.

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Dave View Post
    The file is also called "2009SpydercoCatalog.pdf"

You might want to change that to 2010.
    Think you may have clicked on the wrong file Dave. Either that or you have your browser set so that you need to refresh the page manually in order to see stuff that was added recently. The 2009 catalogs are still available, but the 2010 ones should be at the very top of the page as per the screen shot below. The file names are 2010_Spyderco_ProductGuide.pdf and 2010_Spyderco_SASGuide.pdf I downloaded my copies shortly after they were announced, so I don't think the names have been changed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Hi Kristi, I have maybe dumb question but I will ask anyway... When we can order printed version of new catalog? Thanks for answer in advance.

Ps: I want that gem at home - it looks just fantastic! Thanks for such a nice christmass gift.

Spyderco Forum Registered User RamDreamer's Avatar
    I picked up the new catalog at SFO yesterday. Another very well produced endeavor. It's nice to flip through the pages rather than staring at the pdf version on a computer screen I must admit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
    Think you may have clicked on the wrong file Dave. Either that or you have your browser set so that you need to refresh the page manually in order to see stuff that was added recently. The 2009 catalogs are still available, but the 2010 ones should be at the very top of the page as per the screen shot below. The file names are 2010_Spyderco_ProductGuide.pdf and 2010_Spyderco_SASGuide.pdf I downloaded my copies shortly after they were announced, so I don't think the names have been changed.
    I think we were both correct. When you hover over the image of the 2010 catalog you actually get the 2009 catalog. If you click on the text you get the correct 2010 catalog.

I love the carrots pic!
    Not Forgotten:
    LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
    MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
    Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?