Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: C134CFP - Gayle Bradley Folder

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Besides, it's nothing you can't fix in 10 minutes with a dremel if you decided the lock is too hard to access.

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Flash900 - this is for you - apologies for the very quick & dirty upload. Right now, YT hasn't processed the HD version, which is MUCH clearer than the regular resolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkebohOZNZA
    Last edited by JNewell; 05-12-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User AKWolf's Avatar
    Amazing HD JN...GJ

Spyderco Forum Registered User flash900's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    Flash900 - this is for you - apologies for the very quick & dirty upload. Right now, YT hasn't processed the HD version, which is MUCH clearer than the regular resolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkebohOZNZA
    JNEWELL,
    That is really very kind of you, and most appreciated.
    And, you were right, I like them both -- the GB and the Manix, especially the CF.
    I wonder how hard those are to get.
    (I see the latest sprint on BF as I write this. But I like both the CF and the blue better. Although, I must add: your quick and dirty video also shows the ordinary production Manix in a very positive light......So many decisions!)
    Thank you!

Spydies: Caly 3 & Jr.; Michael Walker; Dragonfly, 2 & G10; Delica 4, FFG, G10, & Wave; Endura G10 & Wave; Rookie; Ambitious, Persistence, Tenacious; Sage 1, 2, 3; CAT CF & G10; Chicago CF; Ladybug; Bradley; Manix 2, Blue & XL; Native 4, 5 & Forum; Balance; Rescue; Salt I & Pacific; D'Allara; Junior; PPT; SuperLeaf; Urban Safety Orange; Para 2; Matriarch 2 & Lil'; Techno; Southard; Tuffthumbz Sage 2 & Para 2 mods; Cuscadi Pingo; Domino

Just watched you again in HD.

And then ordered both a GB and G10 Manix!

Unfortunately, the dealer is back ordered for the GB. Hopefully, he will ship the Manix now, which should keep me occupied until the Bradley arrives.

Again, my thanks. What a terrific and knowledgeable group this is.

Spydies: Caly 3 & Jr.; Michael Walker; Dragonfly, 2 & G10; Delica 4, FFG, G10, & Wave; Endura G10 & Wave; Rookie; Ambitious, Persistence, Tenacious; Sage 1, 2, 3; CAT CF & G10; Chicago CF; Ladybug; Bradley; Manix 2, Blue & XL; Native 4, 5 & Forum; Balance; Rescue; Salt I & Pacific; D'Allara; Junior; PPT; SuperLeaf; Urban Safety Orange; Para 2; Matriarch 2 & Lil'; Techno; Southard; Tuffthumbz Sage 2 & Para 2 mods; Cuscadi Pingo; Domino

Just noticed that all of my posts say "No. 57."

Apparently time stands still here!

Edit: Hey, now they all say "No. 58"!!

Quote Originally Posted by flash900 View Post
    Just noticed that all of my posts say "No. 57."

Apparently time stands still here!

Edit: Hey, now they all say "No. 58"!!
    They all update on a cumulative basis.

The regular Manix 2 is badly underappreciated IMO. And, at the street price, it's almost a steal.

The CF sprint, unfortunately, seems to hover around $275, a combination of low numbers (400) and high demand.
    Last edited by JNewell; 10-02-2010 at 10:54 AM.

My GB arrived today. I found a dealer who had it in stock and gave me quite a fair price and free shipping.

It's by far my largest Spydie and my first real hard-use blade.

The quality is simply outstanding.

I also have a regular Manix coming from another dealer.

Thanks to everyone here who offered comments and advice, and particularly JNEWELL for your incredibly kind help.

Really happy that helped! It is one of only a couple of knives I've bought a spare copy of, in case of loss.

Nice Knife! just waiting on the g10

Spyderco Forum Registered User DCDesigns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chibicascade View Post
    Was there ever any official word on a g10 GB? why would you want one when the original is CF? There is nothing to be gained from g10 IMO...

sure you have the right knife man?

Thumbs up

Part of the allure for me was the fact that it is Carbon Fiber over G10. I have G10 coming out of my ears. < Big Smile > John

Spyderco Forum Registered User DCDesigns's Avatar
    I still dont thin that guy knows what hes talkin about, a G10 bradley? eh, why?

edit: unless it sells for around $65-70 street, or less. THEN I wouldnt mind pickin one up to use as a true HARD USE knife. Im hesitant to put my GB into any roll that might damage its good looks... So I could see a point there. Never mind guy, you do know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by DCDesigns; 10-25-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chibicascade View Post
    Might be an extended wait. Buy now...

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDesigns View Post
    I still dont thin that guy knows what hes talkin about, a G10 bradley? eh, why?

edit: unless it sells for around $65-70 street, or less. THEN I wouldnt mind pickin one up to use as a true HARD USE knife. Im hesitant to put my GB into any roll that might damage its good looks... So I could see a point there. Never mind guy, you do know what you are talking about.
    I was thinking about getting some G-10 or something cheap to put on my GB so I wouldn't worry about the looks as much and be able to use it for work since it is so strong. While looking for scale material I found myself looking at nice wood and started thinking maybe I'd try making beautiful wood scales for the knife which would stop me from using it as a work knife. That's ok, I still have a Manix2, Pacific salt that I can use and not worry about a few scratches. The Manix2 has M4 also and G-10 scales so is exactly what I was originally going for with the GB. I think I'll just keep it beautiful with any scales I make. The skill level may be questionable.

Jack

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).

Spyderco Forum Registered User Zencowboy's Avatar

Just ordered

Just ordered NIB for 120/free shipping.
    Been wanting to test M4 and thought that was a great price...nudged me over to buying the Gayle Bradley M4 CF

Reviews looked great so thanks guys!
    Last edited by Zencowboy; 01-10-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: smilie

Spyderco Forum Registered User jtoler_9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zencowboy View Post
    Been wanting to test M4 and thought that was a great price...nudged me over to buying the Gayle Bradley M4 CF

Nice grab Zenc. Shoot us some pics when you get it. I have been dragging my heels on this one. I wan't one, but others keep getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zencowboy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler_9 View Post
    Nice grab Zenc. Shoot us some pics when you get it. I have been dragging my heels on this one. I wan't one, but others keep getting in the way.
    I've wanted several knives before but when buying "others keep getting in the way" to quote you jtoler_9. I finally lucked out and got a Gayle Bradley almost by accident. It wasn't free, just not anticipated. Anyway, it is definately one of the knives that when you get one after putting it off you say "Why did I wait?" So Zen, I believe you will love the GB. Of the few knives I have it's one I carry a lot. I like the M4. It holds lower angles very well and takes a killer sharp edge. It's a beatiful knife also. I've compared it to James Bond, 007. Looks good in a tux but ready for anything. Congratulations on the great price also.

Jack

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I agree, if I were you, I'd push a few knives out of the way to get this one.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Just looked on CS and the GB is up to $140 now. It looks like most knives have gone up a bit. If knives keep going up I'll have to quit drinking and live longer. Thank you Spyderco.

Jack